• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Invis

Anyone just wanna do some strikes or something on Xbone right now? I dont have any expansions and I'm only level 22 but I'd like to do something to try to get my first legendary. Whether thats getting marks or just a lucky drop.

My GT is Lnvisible if anyone wants to.

See, this is the Luke Smith wit. I'm really glad Bungie didn't ban him from PR. Sure, he can sometimes be dismissive and even arrogant, but at the end of the day, he's a good guy and is really passionate about Destiny/Bungie. This video shows that he has some real humility and good-natured responses to the community concerns.

P.S. I would totally not put it past him to be trolling with the long pause about "is the Traveler evil".

rNilla

ssn1qz7.png

Bungee hahaha funny interview. The hype is seriously unreal atm. It doesn't even compare to pre-vanilla release because we've all poured in 100s and some 1000s of hours and they're totally addressing a lot of problems and it's going to be EPIC

todd360

See, this is the Luke Smith wit. I'm really glad Bungie didn't ban him from PR. Sure, he can sometimes be dismissive and even arrogant, but at the end of the day, he's a good guy and is really passionate about Destiny/Bungie. This video shows that he has some real humility and good-natured responses to the community concerns.

P.S. I would totally not put it past him to be trolling with the long pause about "is the Traveler evil".

That wasn't trolling. He was legit caught off guard by that.

That wasn't trolling. He was legit caught off guard by that.

I think it was more about running through his head of "what answer can I give here without getting in trouble" more than anything else.

A solid yes or no probably both would have put him in a hot seat somewhere.

I think it was more about running through his head of "what answer can I give here without getting in trouble" more than anything else.

Yep.

That maybe at the secret chest on VoG probably put /r/raidsecrets in overdrive lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We now continue The Taken King: Cookware of Destiny Edition

Sure! We have lots of options!

Check out this site: BAM!, they give lots of options of god stuff. I think the cheapest set on there was $150.00.

I hope that helps a little =D
I'm getting the sense that you're not a nonstick fan eh? I'm a bit of a newb but very enthusiastic in the kitchen, and finally starting out with a great setup and eager to learn... anything I should know as far as why stainless steel would be better?

Any thoughts on this set? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KSN8XY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The price is right, it's the #4 on the top ten hard-anodized list ("Best Budget" set) , and the crazy heat-spot thing fits in perfectly with the tech-paradise vibe I'm going for in the new place.
Playing an FPS with inverted controls is the weirdest fucking thing to me. I have no clue how people use it. No matter how you try and explain it, it doesn't make any sense.
It's abhorrent behavior, is what it is. It makes my skin crawl imagining it being passed on to the next generation. Children. *shiver*

kiguel182

Luke Smith seemed like a really funny guy from that interview. It seems is comments were taken out of context and it sucks he got shit for them.

Really fun interview too even if it didn't have tons of new info.

Deku Tree

Or maybe he was taking a second and struggling to come up with something funny to say.

Kyoufu

I really appreciate that Luke Smith admits that vanilla Destiny kinda sucked balls in some areas. Usually you get the standard PR gibberish where they claim their game is awesome no matter what. Honesty is nice to see.

I'm getting the sense that you're not a nonstick fan eh? I'm a bit of a newb but very enthusiastic in the kitchen, and finally starting out with a great setup and eager to learn... anything I should know as far as why stainless steel would be better?

The price is right, it's the #4 on the top ten hard-anodized list ("Best Budget" set) , and the crazy heat-spot thing fits in perfectly with the tech-paradise vibe I'm going for in the new place.

It's abhorrent behavior, is what it is. It makes my skin crawl imagining it being passed on to the next generation. Children. *shiver*

We picked up these, plus a 12" fry pan and have been more than happy. They heat very evenly and you can use metal utensils:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...c=cookware-calphalon||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

A bit pricey, but we are just using some old pots for the time being. Plus a really nice SS omelet fry pan.

Renta

Banned
Spoilers about that first story mission:

I really like that Oryx can speak english. Feels a lot more up close and personal being able to fight someone who will talk back instead of some big monster entity thing.

Lee

These questions are being answered way to fast. I don't have time to process the info! He said the traveler is both hot and cold to the touch and I need to stop and think about that!

Luke is also hilarious and I don't have time to have a sensible chuckle because the questions are being thrown at me!

Obviously the side facing the sun is hot, the bottom is cold.

Problem solved.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We picked up these plus a 12" fry pan and have been more than happy. The heat very evenly and you can use metal utensils:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...c=cookware-calphalon||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

A bit pricey, but we are just using some old pots for the time being. Plus a really nice SS omelet fry pan.
metal utensils on a nonstick pan? what sorcery is this?!

that's awesome, but for $10 more than that I'd basically get 8 more pieces (and I currently have just about nothing) with the T-Fal set, and I already have some decent bamboo tools.
I like it how Hawkian is having reviews of Pots and Pans in the midst of Destiny Hypextravaganza. it's all LOLs
Hahahaha I think it's hilarious too
All about that Taken CooKing

Yikes... looks great- and I'm sure you get what you pay for- but do you have anything in the back that's maybe fewer pieces and a bit cheaper?

I know you're looking for something less expensive but seriously consider the investment in a few high quality pieces. They'll last forever. You don't need a whole set of which you will only really use a few pieces. I've had my core cookware pieces for twenty years.

I'd buy an All-Clad 10in skillet and an enameled dutch oven. Le Creuset is the best but pricey. Lodge makes a nice one too. These are your exotics you'll use all the time.

Then supplement with a cheap nonstick skillet, T-Fal is great, and a large stock pot.I like my Cuisinart. Combined with your cast iron, you'll be set!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We could have used Pots & Pans talk when people were salty over the weapon nerfs. Hawkian pls.
I was in Europe, scarcely able to imagine filling my new place with glorious cookware at the time ;_;
I know you're looking for something less expensive but seriously the investment in some all-clad or similar. You don't need a whole set of which you will only really use a few pieces. I've had my more core cookware pieces for twenty years.

I'd buy an All-Clad 10in skillet and an enameled dutch oven. Le Creuset is the best but pricey. Lodge makes a nice one too. These are your exotics you'll use all the time.

Then supplement with a cheap nonstick skillet, T-Fal is great, and a large stock pot. Combined with your cast iron, you'll be set!
That makes sense, it does seem weird as hell to me that there aren't like, 4-piece sets with the essentials on offer anywhere...

School me- what am I actually getting for the money? I.e. what do the expensive stainless steel/multi-ply stuff actually do/do better?

this is all on topic by the way, I promise to cook or bake something vaguely Destiny when TTK comes out.

ich00

You need to be well fed to continue the newbie raids! That's what keeps this on topic.

I started out with the non-stick stuff(we got like a $600 set as a wedding gift) and the more used pieces started to lose thier coating after a few years, and it was actually cheaper to just get a new set then to send the old stuff in for repairs. The stainless stuff will last much longer as long as you keep it clean.

That set looks pretty good, espically if it fits the vibe of you new place, gets real good reviews too. One thing I would say is tho: don't stick those in the diswasher. They may say thier safe, my experience is that it's never a great idea to stick cookware in there tho. Stick with a good sponge, soap and hot water.

I'm looking for a group of 5 to complete the Crota Raid. Since it would be my first time, I would prefer to run it on Normal Mode.

Anyone? I would be ready in 2-3 hours.

PSN id: Marco_Tovarich

Also, I have a friend who's looking for a group for the Xyor strike (Thron bounty). Ready to jump in any time in the next 2 hours.

PSN id: Marco44Marini

Thanks!

ethomaz

Banned
Low, I've done it over 100 times and seen it drop a handful
You killed Crota Hard over 100 times?

That 33 weeks with 3 chars... no possible because the Hard Mode was unlocked in middle January (about 28 weeks ago).

I did about 20 kills and got 2 drops (or 3 I don't remember).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edit: Top of Page, right.

Welcome to Taken CooKing with Hawkian, Hudson, Cpt. Science and Ichabod!
You need to be well fed to continue the newbie raids! That's what keeps this on topic.

I started out with the non-stick stuff(we got like a $600 set as a wedding gift) and the more used pieces started to lose thier coating after a few years, and it was actually cheaper to just get a new set then to send the old stuff in for repairs. The stainless stuff will last much longer as long as you keep it clean.

That set looks pretty good, espically if it fits the vibe of you new place, gets real good reviews too. One thing I would say is tho: don't stick those in the diswasher. They may say thier safe, my experience is that it's never a great idea to stick cookware in there tho. Stick with a good sponge, soap and hot water.
Really appreciate all the advice. Absolutely, I never put nonstick stuff in the dishwasher even when claimed "safe." dunno why anyone would reduce the life of their stuff like that.

I guess my thinking is, $100 I can basically just drop confidently right now, whereas $200+ makes me a little more wary- I mean, if I'm thinking the main issue is that the set might not still be totally up to par in August 2018.. well, I'll have paid $33.33 per year for a decent functional set and at that point I can go big with something more professional-grade when I haven't had so many other expenses at the same time.

Top Bottom