• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

He's probably regretting not dispatching more gatekeepers around crota.

Now I'm imagining that Crota was one of those "leaders" that only got there because of who his daddy was.

He was actually this super incompetent guy that just got lucky with Eris' fire team.

He was the kind of leader that every time he made a decision The Fist of Crota, Eyes of Crota, Will of Crota, Might of Crota, and Hand of Crota all collectively roll their 15 eyes into the back of their head while mouthing the word nepotism to each other.

ocean

Banned
Yeah Black Hammer nerf makes no sense but it's the only Year 1 Legendary being affected. All other balances were for exotics and for the weapon classes themselves. I guess they just don't want the "infinite" ammo to be possible at all. 365 damage weapons won't be obsolete at first, especially good ones. I mean a 300 attack GHorn with Wolf Pack is still damn good now.
Speaking of viable weapons:

What do you find is most effective loadout for Small Arms Skolas?

Namikaze1

Bungie realized they gave a legendary an exotic tier perk. Thus why Black Hammer is getting nerfed and one of the new exotics seem to have a pre-nerf White Nail perk equivalent.

Was it really 2%?! That's insane if it was. 8% I can live with but that's still pretty bad. 1 out of 12 and you only get 3 tries a week.

Definitely not 2%. Rate is hard to determine since it was 0% the first week of HM for some reason, and it won't drop for anyone that already has a Crux in their inventory.

The longest Cruxless DGAFer I remember is Macello and he cleared it 3x a week almost every week for a long time, probably similar to the ~44 HM clears it took Cosmos to finally get the Vex.
RIP Cosmos :(

Was it really 2%?! That's insane if it was. 8% I can live with but that's still pretty bad. 1 out of 12 and you only get 3 tries a week.

I was trying to correct myself with that edit. I was confusing the Husk of the Pit with the Crux.

The numbers above were in reference to the Husk. I think the Crux sits around 10%.
Definitely not 2%. Rate is hard to determine since it was 0% the first week of HM for some reason, and it won't drop for anyone that already has a Crux in their inventory.

The longest Cruxless DGAFer I remember is Macello and he cleared it 3x a week almost every week for a long time, probably similar to the ~44 HM clears it took Cosmos to finally get the Vex.
RIP Cosmos :(

I still don't have my Crux either. :(

Deku Tree

Bungie realized they gave a legendary an exotic tier perk. Thus why Black Hammer is getting nerfed and one of the new exotics seem to have a pre-nerf White Nail perk equivalent.

What is this new exotic?

This is probably why they are nerfing IB too.
New exotics need their day in the sun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just want to spend all of your money Hawkian.

A nice non-stick frying pan for the lazy days
A Stainless saute pan for the good stuff: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005AL5W/?tag=neogaf0e-20
A spaghetti pot: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CGSYB2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Any sauce pan that you can find.
A dutch oven for bread and stews and roasts: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N501BK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You'll have no regrets.
look at you spending all my moneys!! I do think a Lodge dutch oven will be in my future.

man. Shout out to schwagger15/spyder_UR, thank you again so so so so much for hooking me up with the receiver after my old one burst into flames. It's an almost identical model and you saved me a big expense in getting the new AV setup going. yous a lifesaver

Kyne

GAF I need your help.

My girlfriend and I are trying to get all the required triumphs done before September. Tonight we were going to knock out VoG HM but our original group fell apart.

It's our first time for HM but we've done normal mode before. We have all 3 classes and all of them are 34 with all the nice kind of weapons.

I'm making this post to gauge any interest for a run tonight in about 4 hours ( 3 hours and 50 minutes ) from now.

We would need a little help understanding the differences between HM and NM but we're fairly competent.

So yean.

VoG HM (with assistance from veterans)
1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp

GAF I need your help.

My girlfriend and I are trying to get all the required triumphs done before September. Tonight we were going to knock out VoG HM but our original group fell apart.

It's our first time for HM but we've done normal mode before. We have all 3 classes and all of them are 34 with all the nice kind of weapons.

I'm making this post to gauge any interest for a run tonight in about 4 hours ( 3 hours and 50 minutes ) from now.

We would need a little help understanding the differences between HM and NM but we're fairly competent.

Differences off the top of my head:

-No Revives
-More Oracles during Templar fight
-More Gorgons in the maze
-Aethon puts a detainment shield (like templar and PoE guy) on people that don't get sent through time.

Speaking of viable weapons:

What do you find is most effective loadout for Small Arms Skolas?

Primary: Fang
Secondary: Found Verdict
Heavy: GHorn

Alternates
Primary: Arc Scholar or Messenger is also good. If you're lucky enough to get a drop, an arc scout or pulse from Skolas with Disciplinarian or stun Captains or suppress Captains. Fate Bringer is okay but more range is better.

Secondary: Arc Eff Speer, Shadow of Veils, or vendor LDR is okay if you want to keep your distance with Lightswitch. But FVerdict is better. If someone gets close it can still save you despite Small Arms. Fourth Horseman will definitely save you, and it's a decent option for the Hornless.

Heavy: Error 404 ... just kidding. Hungry Scrota is fine, although you might as well use it or Truth for clearing adds and stick to your primary for boss DPS.

ocean

Banned
Primary: Fang
Secondary: Found Verdict
Heavy: GHorn

Alternates
Primary: Arc Scholar or Messenger is also good. If you're lucky enough to get a drop, an arc scout or pulse from Skolas with Disciplinarian or stun Captains or suppress Captains. Fate Bringer is okay but more range is better.

Secondary: Arc Eff Speer, Shadow of Veils, or vendor LDR is okay if you want to keep your distance with Lightswitch. But FVerdict is better. If someone gets close it can still save you despite Small Arms. Fourth Horseman will definitely save you, and it's a decent option for the Hornless.

Heavy: Error 404 ... just kidding. Hungry Scrota is fine, although you might as well use it or Truth for clearing adds and stick to your primary for boss DPS.
Thanks man. I was actually thinking Fang/FV/Horn would be ideal, good to see you agree. I have the Skolas Pulse with Captain stun but it's Void so meh.

Still up for doing it tonight?

phen0m24

I see people like Kor and Kyne that play Destiny with their SO's.

Where do single Dads sign up for "Destiny Dad Seeking Jennifer Lawrence lookalike with High Grimoire Score"??

;)

Frenden

Banned
How many of us are Cruxless? What exotics does everyone need still?

Missing and wanting:
  • Bones of NOW PLEASE
  • Fourth Horseman

Missing, but only because I'm lazy and don't want them particularly bad:
  • Greg's Promise
  • Lord of Wolves

Ikkarus

How many of us are Cruxless? What exotics does everyone need still?

Missing and wanting:
  • Bones of NOW PLEASE
  • Fourth Horseman

Missing, but only because I'm lazy and don't want them particularly bad:
  • Greg's Promise
  • Lord of Wolves
I've got the Crux but I am missing just the Bones of Eao and Monte Carlo from my exotic list.

Frostburn

Isn't there more GameInformer info dropping today, at the least?

Also, does this image work? I'm tired of creating new images on imgur.

I didn't quite you earlier but could you add me to the hype train? I need a reason to play Destiny with DGAF again and TTK looks to be the best reason ever.

I see people like Kor and Kyne that play Destiny with their SO's.

Where do single Dads sign up for "Destiny Dad Seeking Jennifer Lawrence lookalike with High Grimoire Score"??

;)

The trick is to aim "lower"

When I first started dating TeaParty, she was big into Link to the Past. I just nurtured that interest as much as I could.

Edit: Granted this was 2001.

Thanks man. I was actually thinking Fang/FV/Horn would be ideal, good to see you agree. I have the Skolas Pulse with Captain stun but it's Void so meh.

Still up for doing it tonight?

For sure. I'm going to eat real quick and finish a life thing or two then I'll be down. Not sure if Bomb is ready yet or not, I could do a few runs depending on how many people were interested.

Over a hundred pages in and I just got the thread subtitle joke.

And now I feel dumb.

Lol well if it makes you feel better, it makes me feel better to know someone checks (or re-checks) the OP even 100 pages in :)

The trick is to aim "lower"

When I first started dating TeaParty, she was big into Link to the Past. I just nurtured that interest as much as I could.

Wat. Link to the Past = GOAT.

Top Bottom