• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Must say i am abit jealous of the new people who are gonna jump in with Destiny when TTK releases. Those guys are getting such a streamlined and full package. Abit what Destiny should have been from the start. Still very enjoyed all my time with it until now. But still.

Yeah its great for new players but nothing can top my time in the VOG with my buddies. Some of the best gaming memories ever.

JTripper

So before TKK, we should get people some Flawless Raider trophies. It's the only trophy I need and going into TKK with a plat would be awesome. Supposedly TKK is adding new trophies to the game too.

LTWood12

I'm back on 22nd and Rarbusto is back on the 24th. Hmmm! You'll actually be able to play prior to the 1st TTK reset

Technically I'll be able to play when it launches, but I'll be sharing a TV with my in-laws. Will probably get a little time late at night, but I can't see a raid being in the cards (which it may not even have released at that point). My brother-in-law does like playing story missions though, so I could feasibly see him getting into it.

nOoblet16

So is mask of the third man the best exotic armor for a blade dancer? At least that dropped today.

No it isn't (for PvP) , Lucky Raspberry is the best for bladedancer due to arc bolt bonuses and you run it with the perk that increases arc blade with each kill instead of hungering blade, this is because the practical use of hungering blade isn't that beneficial with the delay in recovery (it's not instant) and outside factors such as lag (biggest enemy of hungering blade). This is because strength of bladedancer lies elsewhere other than the super (blink, arcbolt and blink strike)

No it isn't, Lucky Raspberry is the best for bladedancer due to arc bolt bonus and you run it with the perk that increases arc blade with each kill instead of hungering blade, this is because the practical use of hungering blade isn't that beneficial with the delay in recovery (it's not instant) and outside factors such as lag (biggest enemy of hungering blade)

I have to agree with Nooblet, I barely use Mask of the Third Man at all, I mainly use Raspberry or Alpha Lupi for Trials (If no one else has a quick revive armor piece).

Question guys. I'm going through and doing some of the stuff I hadn't bothered to do because everything else is more or less pointless at this point (until 2.0) and I was wondering about dead ghosts.

Specifically, are they linked to all your characters? The reason I ask is I'm checking for their locations online atm and I see that there are like 2-3 on the very first mission in the game you can't repeat. Do I have to make a level 1 character to get those ghosts or is there a way for me to get back to that location/get the ghosts with my current character? Thanks.

zewone

No it isn't (for PvP) , Lucky Raspberry is the best for bladedancer due to arc bolt bonuses and you run it with the perk that increases arc blade with each kill instead of hungering blade, this is because the practical use of hungering blade isn't that beneficial with the delay in recovery (it's not instant) and outside factors such as lag (biggest enemy of hungering blade). This is because strength of bladedancer lies elsewhere other than the super (blink, arcbolt and blink strike)

Without Hungering Blade you're lucky to get more than one kill with Bladedancing.

Deku Tree

Question guys. I'm going through and doing some of the stuff I hadn't bothered to do because everything else is more or less pointless at this point (until 2.0) and I was wondering about dead ghosts.

Specifically, are they linked to all your characters? The reason I ask is I'm checking for their locations online atm and I see that there are like 2-3 on the very first mission in the game. Do I have to make a level 1 character to get those ghosts or is there a way for me to get back to that location/get the ghosts with my current character? Thanks.

http://destinyghosthunter.net

Use that website. Watch the videos to find the locations.

You are never locked out of any ghosts. The worst is you might have to wait for the next iron banner to get the one in that area.

P44

Just rolled a Her Benevolence

Shortgaze/HH/Snapshot/Shoot to Loot

Now, baring in mind that over these last few weeks, we've discovered that most of the god tier final column perks don't actually do shit, is it worth keeping this or rerolling?

ll_J0N_ll

Specifically, are they linked to all your characters? The reason I ask is I'm checking for their locations online atm and I see that there are like 2-3 on the very first mission in the game you can't repeat. Do I have to make a level 1 character to get those ghosts or is there a way for me to get back to that location/get the ghosts with my current character? Thanks.

I keep finding ghosts all over the place. You can go back and collect anytime. Never looked them up online myself. Found one in mars last night, been past it a dozen times never noticed lol.

Mindlog

Got a Saint 14 Helm from the Nightfalls that has a significantly better stat roll. Hurry up and tell us how this transition is going to work Bungie. I don't have enough Vault/Postmaster space for all this junk.

zewone

Now, baring in mind that over these last few weeks, we've discovered that most of the god tier final column perks don't actually do shit, is it worth keeping this or rerolling?

Let me count how many times I needed to shoot loot in 1 year of Destiny:

Zero.

"Go with it!"

qvN5oCg.jpg

ocean

Banned
Lucky Raspberry is my favorite PvP Exotic, but Hungering Blade for life man. no contest.

Kyoufu

So before TKK, we should get people some Flawless Raider trophies. It's the only trophy I need and going into TKK with a plat would be awesome. Supposedly TKK is adding new trophies to the game too.

I need it too. Would be up for a run at some point before TTK.

Also, if I don't use Hungering Blade then I'm lucky to get more than one Arc Blade kill lol.

ocean

Banned

One of the HoW story missions takes you back to that initial area.

hydruxo

How many of us are Cruxless? What exotics does everyone need still?

Missing and wanting:
  • Bones of NOW PLEASE
  • Fourth Horseman

Missing, but only because I'm lazy and don't want them particularly bad:
  • Greg's Promise
  • Lord of Wolves

I've got all exotic armor pieces, only weapon I need is Necrochasm. Technically I don't have Dregs Promise yet either but I've got a cipher waiting to be finished that I've been slacking on.

Do you mainly play as Blade Dancer? If not then it might be worth re rolling for Quick Draw instead of Snapshot and Unflinching as the last perk. Otherwise I'd keep it and wait until you get another to roll.

As others have said, it might not be worth rolling a ton now until we see what kinda snipers TTK brings. HB will be stuck at 365 Attack, although that should still be fine for Trials post-TTK. Even high impact white snipers still kill with one head shot now, so I'm guessing HB will still revive snipe.

P44

Do you mainly play as Blade Dancer? If not then it might be worth re rolling for Quick Draw instead of Snapshot and Unflinching as the last perk. Otherwise I'd keep it and wait until you get another to roll.

As others have said, it might not be worth rolling a ton now until we see what kinda snipers TTK brings. HB will be stuck at 365 Attack, although that should still be fine for Trials post-TTK. Even high impact white snipers still kill with one head shot now, so I'm guessing HB will still revive snipe.

Titan.

Guess I'll reroll.

Yeah, I get that HB won't be so great in trials, but I'm hoping for a scenario like you've mentioned. On top of that, it's still a great weapon for Skirmish. Thanks though.

Deku Tree

Is Skoals worth doing this week? I saw that its light switch.

Need two more Elder Cipher.

Not really worth it. If you get in with a really good group then it's still easy. But otherwise you still see people posting about wiping a lot and rage quitting on Skolas with lightswitch and no CP. The modifiers will be much easier next week.

Not really worth it. If you get in with a really good group then it's still easy. But otherwise you still see people posting about wiping a lot and rage quitting on Skolas with lightswitch and no CP. The modifiers will be much easier next week.

I'll wait then. Its not worth it. I only want the weapons for completionist sake.

^want to do Skolas Ocean? Any first timers want to join? Is Bombastico around?

Hungering Blade is required for PvP imo. Health regen is invaluable even if it's not instant, more super on kills is pretty useless. Mask of the 3rd Man can be useful for 6v6 modes when you actually want a lot of super use. For Trials or 3v3, Crest and Lucky Rasberry are the clear winners. I wear Crest unless my two teammates already have fast revive armor, and I can switch to Lucky before each spawn if I want to be super sweaty.

BDancer PvP spec:
Arc bolt
Blink
Backstab
Quick Draw
Hungering Blade
Max armor and agility, minimum recovery

Basically every top player I know uses this spec.

ocean

Banned

Hungering Blade is required for PvP imo. Health regen is invaluable even if it's not instant, more super on kills is pretty useless. Mask of the 3rd Man can be useful for 6v6 modes when you actually want a lot of super use. For Trials or 3v3, Crest and Lucky Rasberry are the clear winners. I wear Crest unless my two teammates already have fast revive armor, and I can switch to Lucky before each spawn if I want to be super sweaty.

BDancer PvP spec:
Arc bolt
Blink
Backstab
Quick Draw
Hungering Blade

I'll hop online! Let's do this.

And yeah, that's the only PvP BD perk setup that I find effective. I think it's the subclass where the choices are easiest, super clear cut what you want on each tree :p

Sardaukarama

Neo Member
Any info on cashin in motes of light/exotic shards in TTK? Id love to at least get a heavy synth per shard or something like the old crucible/vanguard commendation trade ins

P44

BDancer PvP spec:
Arc bolt
Blink
Backstab
Quick Draw
Hungering Blade

What's the deal with armour, recovery and agility in pvp? As in, how exactly do they work?

BDancer PvP spec:
Arc bolt
Blink
Backstab
Quick Draw
Hungering Blade

Basically every top player I know uses this spec.*

*Using this spec does not guaranty that you will become a top player. I've done the research. It will however make you hate switching to another class if you don't have the quick draw perk on your sniper.

I don't see Bombastico, so are there any Skolas virgins that have a Lv34 character and want to get a kill? Otherwise anyone else that wants to join is welcome.

anyone wanna help me run the Abyss on hard later tonight, the Oversould Edict is alluding me

pretty please?

Are you online now? I could solo it for you, takes 5 min.

edit: sounds like you are at work, I'll do this Skolas and can help later if needed.

BDancer PvP spec:
Arc bolt
Blink
Backstab
Quick Draw
Hungering Blade

I would play Skolas with you guys since I know we'd complete it. I have you both on my friends list. I've done Skolas when he had burns but not since. PSN: Subtervotion

I don't see Bombastico, so are there any Skolas virgins that have a Lv34 character and want to get a kill? Otherwise anyone else that wants to join is welcome.

Are you online now? I could solo it for you, takes 5 min.

edit: sounds like you are at work, I'll do this Skolas and can help later if needed.

I will be home in 2 hours from now, i will re-check on gaf then :)

Must say i am abit jealous of the new people who are gonna jump in with Destiny when TTK releases. Those guys are getting such a streamlined and full package. Abit what Destiny should have been from the start. Still very enjoyed all my time with it until now. But still.

the only bummer is getting people to do old raids might be tuff

Without Hungering Blade you're lucky to get more than one kill with Bladedancing.

When I use my Titan in control I like to use the bubble with armor of light because I suck at using the Titan smash. If an arc blade comes at me I'll just punch them until they die unless I see them kill someone before, then I run away.

Top Bottom