• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

True, but that seemed like kind of a one-off. Just seems odd to devote an entire weekly update to talking about exotic weapon changes if you're leaving them behind in the next few weeks.

Didn't the second post here about it just say there will be new versions of the old exotics post TTK same as HOW did it?

You just won't be able to fully upgrade them, I guess?

todd360

Need more info on this before I jump to conclusions.
33FzM64.jpg

ocean

Banned
Can't believe I actually thought they'd last 6 more weeks without disappointing the entire community with a poor decision.

I'm more upset about armor than weapons to be honest. Entire play styles, gone? Ugh.

Lothars

because even with the levels that were to be implemented with new guns,

these guns broke the level/numbers and were still dramatically more over powered than some of the new ones that are coming into play from TTK.

Dat ever changing sandbox will always have rouges that defy the norm.
It's not a valid excuse though, Only gjallhorn could be construed as overpowered but the rest of the exotics are far from overpowered.

I really hope this is not true and it was misconstrued.

noomi

Wow....no year 1 exotics are going to be upgraded?

So, here..... lets look at it this way.... PS4 exclusives are finally going to be available on xbox this Sept 15th, right? After a year of waiting our fellow xbros are getting Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and the 4th Horseman.... Ok.....awesome..... cool.

BUT WAIT!

You can't upgrade them now!

I don't typically get upset on here, but this is such a bullshit fucking move if it's true...

Can't believe I actually thought they'd last 6 more weeks without disappointing the entire community with a poor decision.

I'm more upset about armor than weapons to be honest. Entire play styles, gone? Ugh.

Exactly this.

This feels like their solution to keep us playing TTK for as long as possible. A whole new grind with a "promise" for better loot drops.

Again, even if I somehow manage to get everything and do everything in this game I am not going to stop playing it. Com'on Bungie.

todd360

This is a good thing. That means they are going all in on new exotics. Plus it makes sense that old shit would cap out at some point. You can't keep upgrading your old motherboard with a new processor forever. At some point your forced to buy a new motherboard.

LiK

for anyone who just got the most sought after year one drops like me with the Hawkmoon, this is just annoying.

maybe if their loot drops weren't so shit to begin with, this wouldn't be as lame.

Skele7on

Banned
not entirely true. You can fuse year one exotics to other weapons to bring them across.

I am getting details.

Xbox players, I'm so sorry.

JHall

I'm going to wait till I here it from the horse's mouth before I get upset. If true though, I won't buy the expansion.

That tweet did specifically mention "exotic weapons" so who knows.

Bottom line: way too early right now. Need a lot more info, hopefully just a bad Tweet. Terrible decision if true, of course.

i dont get it

Exotics are completely unique

Why drop them from the customization pool?

Makes no sense. I mean I know they are adding LOTS of new gear and all but it would be even better to have the option to mix and match the old with the new

I was ok with Legendaries being left behind but exotics?

ocean

Banned
not entirely true. You can fuse year one exotics to other weapons to bring them across.

I am getting details.
Figure this out man. As I said originally, I have to believe this is a misunderstanding.

Won't post further on the matter until some official explanation is offered.

Skele7on

Banned
the fusion thing appears to be pretty complicated so best shown and not told.

That's what I'm getting, I will do my best talking to youtubers there who had private time with Bungie, also DM'd cosmo,

I can 100% gaf account swear year one exotics cannot be upgraded in the form we have seen before.

Lothars

What about exotic armor, same deal?

Hey guys, you know those bones of eao you got today.....
I am still going to get them because that completes my exotic collection but wow this news really sours me on the game right now.

That's what I'm getting, I will do my best talking to youtubers there who had private time with Bungie, also DM'd cosmo,

I can 100% gaf account swear year one exotics cannot be upgraded in the form we have seen before.
That's such bullshit, I am a big defender of bungie and destiny but this is indefensible.

So...the light stuff is gone...but here's a new confusing/complicated way to upgrade stuff?

If true, LOL...someone over there won't let that system go.

LTWood12

latest

LiK

congrats, your complete exotics collection is useless after TTK comes out. plenty of exotic shards incoming.

Kyoufu

I think Bungie really needs to rethink and revamp their Exotic design strategy. Exotics don't feel "exotic" or special or prestigious at all. Not only is every endgame player expected to carry them but they're also key to being competitive in PVP.

Exotics should be that tier of item that only a small minority of players obtain rather than the vast majority have sharded over and over again. They should work on their prestige IMO.

Well, Light Level will no longer be a thing upon launch. That's all I know.

"Light level" will no longer exist, but Light will. It'll just be a separate stat from your Level, and will still affect how strong your character is.

Bungie's terrible PR continues unfortunately. They need to learn how to communicate either nothing at all, or all the details people want to know. Especially about progression systems with new expansions.

Top Bottom