• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I wouldn't count anything as confirmed unless we hear it directly from Bungie. Even guys like Luke Smith were saying that the Year 1 to 2 transition was a complicated problem they were still working on as recently as this summer, so I don't think Youtubers would have any clue as to what had crystalized in terms of gear carryover.

Kyoufu

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me. Gaf is (mostly) synonymous with Destiny hate at this point. I mean we just had someone make a thread with #ScrewBungie in the title.

Revoke their thread posting privilege because that shit is just embarrassing. :/

LiK

Isn't it his birthday? Lets be nice. Just for today.

I am being nice. Giving him advice for his bday.

Disagree. There's a difference between sharing reasonable, constructive criticism (e.g. about the game or how information is communicated) and being rude or juvenile with personal attacks. He should get the same respect as any other member of NeoGAF.

We give well thought out criticisms and concerns about the game all the time. He just chooses to ignore us. Urk has been much better with this community. At least he posted more than once.

Deej is a pretty cool guy, just have to admit he has a particular way of juggling words that don't sit well with myself(and others).
But thats what PR does to you.

Not saying he's not cool or nice or whatever. He just needs to do a better job communicating the changes that will affect the game more often.

I just jumped online, what's going on now? Can someone recap?

Also, dem bones yo! And everyone gets a TLW before the nerf....

Oh shit is xur selling TLW? Looks like I'll be logging in and playing some destiny today. I have been looking for that gun since I came back to destiny a few months ago.

I heard you can fuse The Last Word with Thorn for the ultimate hand cannon that will shoot rockets instead of bullets...

I wonder how the fusion thing will work.....

Im guessing there will be a pool of year two weapons that you can only get by fusing unwanted weapons?

Actually I heard you "sacrifice" old gear to attain certain upgrades on new weapons?

who the hell knows its just chaos right now

Anastasis

Was it the Deej IGN live interview where he said that you want to keep old legendaries because they will still be the right tool in certain situations? Like VoC and Fatebringer for VoG?

I'm wondering if this is there way of balancing end game content for only the new stuff. You'll need new guns and gear for NF, IB, Trials and the new raid. You can use your old stuff everywhere else?

bitsurugi

Had a really nice Salvage session with EJ and Ikkarus, think i now need like 8 wins or so for rank3, went so fast, props to you guys! :)

They only said legendary weapons. Did not mention exotics. So, either wait for them to confirm or deny this.

Also, fate of fools is dead. No one will ever get it. RIP.

Also they said there will be so many new weapons in TTK that we will not miss the old weapons.

Quality, not quantity, though. If my choices are RoF/Impact tradeoffs for guns with the same perk permutations, I will still miss my VoG weapons. We need unique endgame gear, and Bungie seems to be steering away from that and leaning into the rerollable junk that everyone loves for some reason.

rNilla

We give well thought out criticisms and concerns about the game all the time. He just chooses to ignore us. Urk has been much better with this community. At least he posted more than once.

I'm not saying we don't but there's also a lot of nonsense. I can't recall reading a single post about Deej in an OT that wasn't negative. There's a lot of shit-talking about him, even here. I'm also not saying he should be free of criticism but again there's more to criticism than hurling four letter words around.

As far as Bungie posting here, though, I feel like this is a buried little community compared to something like reddit which makes more sense to engage with regularly, unfortunately.

nOoblet16

Disagree. There's a difference between sharing reasonable, constructive criticism (e.g. about the game or how information is communicated) and being rude or juvenile with personal attacks. He should get the same respect as any other member of NeoGAF.

Except you forget about the part where he is a recognisable figurehead for Bungie and as such has to deal with a lot of hate and attacks....more so than any other member of neogaf.

It does not balances out.

LiK

I'm not saying we don't but there's also a lot of nonsense. I can't recall reading a single post about Deej in an OT that wasn't negative. There's a lot of shit-talking about him, even here. I'm also not saying he should be free of criticism but again there's more to criticism than hurling four letter words around.

As far as Bungie posting here, though, I feel like this is a buried little community compared to something like reddit which makes more sense to engage with regularly, unfortunately.

Luke's reply to you got lots of headlines in all the gaming sites. A shiny moment in DestinyGAF history.

Lee

Also, fate of fools is dead. No one will ever get it. RIP.

Really? The one guy who was given it has consistently reported that Bungie has changed its burns/ammo/perks trying to tweak its balance. Multiple iterations. Why bother with all that if only one is ever going to exist in the game? Make it shoot rockets ffs and it still only affects .0001% of the community.

100% NO UPGRADE FOR EXOTICS
wtf_shatnerfkbiw.gif

Well done, Bungie. Well done.

ocean

Banned
Except you forget about the part where he is a recognisable figurehead for Bungie and as such has to deal with a lot of hate and attacks....more so than any other member of neogaf.

There's no excuse for being disrespectful, which a lot of people here often are. Be angry all you want at decisions, but when you cross a line and start attacking people, any justification falls flat and you're just lacking basic human decency.

rNilla

I'm not sure what you mean. It's OK if we're assholes to him in the OT because he works for Bungie? I don't agree.

Wait wait can I still get a Hawkmoon on 9.16? I just have to start over?

Well, Jesus, who gives a fuck then. I thought they were erasing all those exotics.

Top Bottom