• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

E92 M3

Yesterday, I got some Redbull and the focused light never appeared in the post master. Such crap.

Apparently after the patch people have been having problems.

Unless you forget to equip blink :d

Speaking of Scrota do you want to try and one sword him later, I'm sure we can rope in a couple for science

Could try at any point really, DPS shouldn't be a problem. Had him at 1/2 a hit with just 2 guys whilst it was lagging badly before sword ran out last week.

Need to do a NM VoG at some point for chatterwhite as well, I'm such a scrub that I've never done NM.

330ml bottle of Westvleteren XII cost me 14 euro.

Worth every cent.

Man it's even nicer than the Delirium Tremens.

Also elected best beer in the world several times. You can get 2 crates every 6 months at their abbey, but strictly no more than that.
You have to try and reach them by phone for a very long time, then they take your name and license plate and you have to come pick it up.

New GI TTK article today.

Let's watch Todd F5 every five minutes all day long until the article is posted at 10pm!

Sweet!

Though I would hope that it covers more specifics for certain mechanical changes

I doubt it will. Seems more like they are doing individual features now

glaurung

BTW, the last patch also fixed the broken trophy for upgrading an exotic weapon to its full potential. But you still need Etheric Light to get the legendary weapon upgrade trophy.

No, if you save faction packages they'll still decrypt into old stuff. It worked that way for TDB and for HoW as well.

What *does* work is pushing as many factions as you can to be close to ranking up. As soon as you've got 2,400 ish rep, you change class item and stick with another. Then with some saved up bounties, you can push all your factions to level up as soon as the expansion drops.

With HoW, what you might be confusing this with is the fact that people were farming Patrol for the Wolves public event to get Treasure Keys from those chests. The chests gave out blue and sometimes purple engrams which couldn't be decrypted because they were HoW stuff. So when HoW dropped we were full of engrams that we'd earned prior but that gave new gear. That and the fact that a day or two before the expansion dropped, Salvage started giving HoW weapons like the Matador as a reward.

But faction package rewards in the Postmaster will invariably give you HoW gear (or more likely some Motes :p)
I wonder if Bungie will make changes to how reward packages work. They seem to be focused on removing many of the RNG elements so it wouldn't shock me if shaders, weapons, and armor were only obtainable by doing the new bounties.

I hope this isn't this case and I'm still edging by factions (9/15 done so far). But I'm also preparing myself in case this is all for nought.

Zoidberg

I wonder if Bungie will make changes to how reward packages work. They seem to be focused on removing many of the RNG elements so it wouldn't shock me if shaders, weapons, and armor were only obtainable by doing the new bounties.

I hope this isn't this case and I'm still edging by factions (9/15 done so far). But I'm also preparing myself in case this is all for nought.

It sounds as if faction rewards are alot more reliable in TTK. One of the Deej interviews mentioned faction specific bounties and unless I misinterpreted it wrong (high chance), rewards you could work towards instead RnG.

It sounds as if faction rewards are alot more reliable in TTK. One of the Deej interviews mentioned faction specific bounties and unless I misinterpreted it wrong (high chance), rewards you could work towards instead RnG.
Yup, that's why I'm a concerned that faction packages could end up being worthless after the change.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a much needed change. I'm just thinking about the possible negative impact it could have on the value of the packages when TTK launches.

ocean

Banned

The thing is, armor and weapon drops from those packages are just a nice perk. You can actually buy that stuff. With shaders, you have to rely on the random drop since there's no sale.

They should keep stuff having the possibility of dropping random, while also giving you a way to obtain it reliably (even if it's a grind, something where you can measure your progress towards the goal).

Owensboro

After 239 Blade of Crota kills I finally got a Husk of the Pit.... and now I couldn't care less about leveling it up. I think it broke me :(

Zoidberg

Yup, that's why I'm a concerned that faction packages could end up being worthless after the change.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a much needed change. I'm just thinking about the possible negative impact it could have on the value of the packages when TTK launches.

I was planning on edging factions again, but I did that for HoW and out of 13 I think I got 1 weapon I used for a few days. The rest was armor I had no use for or motes/coins. The chance of just motes/coins is way too high now, at least with my experience. Unless that is being changed, I wouldn't waste any time.

I really hope they move to a rank based system for purchasing ships and shaders, like Variks.

Lnkn52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpNY-jl_oVc

I finally got to sit down and listen to the ~30 minute talk about the TTK. Everything sounded exciting and here a few things that I found interesting:

• Nolan North Ghost voice sounds like Elijah Wood?
  • They said that this isn't the game that will change hardcore hater minds but it will change some. (So come review time here on Gaming side, be ready for haters to post with even more vengeance.)
  • The focus on exploration in the dreadnaught sounds fun. This community is going to have a blast sharing their latest finds.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone else not have focused light show up after the patch?
Mine didn't show up when I redeemed it last night, restating and turning on/off console for 30m-1h and nothing. Will check when I get home in an hour or so. It's been 10+ hours since I redeemed them then

noomi

It's one of the weekly/bi-weekly rotating crucible modes, the grimoire card to this mode is glitched.

I finally got to sit down and listen to the ~30 minute talk about the TTK. Everything sounded exciting and here a few things that I found interesting:

• They said that this isn't the game that will change hardcore hater minds but it will change some. (So come review time here on Gaming side, be ready for haters to post with even more vengeance.)
  • The focus on exploration in the dreadnaught sounds fun. This community is going to have a blast sharing their latest finds.

Damn... I completely missed that video. Guess I know what I'm listening to during work today...

The thing is, armor and weapon drops from those packages are just a nice perk. You can actually buy that stuff. With shaders, you have to rely on the random drop since there's no sale.

They should keep stuff having the possibility of dropping random, while also giving you a way to obtain it reliably (even if it's a grind, something where you can measure your progress towards the goal).
I agree they should. But will they?

How they handled vendor and packages with HoW has me a bit skeptical.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out for sure on 9/15. I just wanted to throw it out there since people are starting to think about edging and I hadn't really seen it discussed as a possibility.

PuMa

Unsuccessful NF runs last night - strange coins and dupe weapons. But we did get in some entertaining Crota HM runs with Ape and Rene. Thanks guys!

It's one of the weekly/bi-weekly rotating crucible modes, the grimoire card to this mode is glitched.

Damn... I completely missed that video. Guess I know what I'm listening to during work today...
You get the Grimoire card for playing a match and then the wins count toward whatever gametype it is, like Skirmish or Salvage. It's not glitched anymore.

GutZ31

Me with information, with people asking about how I got something.

funny-gif-ice-cream-sharing-spoon-man-girl.gif

Hopefully Bungie fixes this otherwise it's money down the drain.

Don't know if you already did this (you probably did) but just to be sure: after I redeemed my code (pre-patch) it also was not at my postmaster. I went back to codes on bungie.net and had to press something like "Get it now" before it showed up at my postmaster.

Edit - I see that it's widespread.

GutZ31

Between this and your deep dive into the chemistry of ice cream earlier, I'm craving some Coldstone Creamery,

Its been at least 5 years since I last had ice cream.
I feel a craving may push me to consume the semi-solid mass that is ice cream in the near future.

noomi

You get the Grimoire card for playing a match and then the wins count toward whatever gametype it is, like Skirmish or Salvage. It's not glitched anymore.

Hmm, I thought it was still glitched. destinystatus.com shows my character as not having the card unlocked... unless it is, and the card just doesn't show as completed?

I just want those 5 grim points maaaan

Top Bottom