• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Namikaze1

You get the Grimoire card for playing a match and then the wins count toward whatever gametype it is, like Skirmish or Salvage. It's not glitched anymore.
I played several Doubles matches when it was up a few weeks back and never got the Doubles Grimoire card. I got the wins added to skirmish and salvage but never unlocked the doubles grimoire card.

Hmm, I thought it was still glitched. destinystatus.com shows my character as not having the card unlocked... unless it is, and the card just doesn't show as completed?

I just want those 5 grim points maaaan
It still is. Some folks were complaining on reddit when doubles was up a few weeks back about not getting the card.

GutZ31

I have a niece. When she asks me for ice cream, out of principle, I automatically say NO.

I can't let her find out I really want some too, or my adult card will be revoked.

She already thinks I am the best uncle in the world, so I don't feel bad not giving her everything she wants.

btkadams

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on some ebay codes, but might as well wait and see if this is fixed.
This post made me look them up on eBay. It seems cheaper to buy the codes on eBay than to buy the cans in stores. Why is that? I don't want to drink that poison but I am tempted to buy the codes. I hate myself.

Hmm, I thought it was still glitched. destinystatus.com shows my character as not having the card unlocked... unless it is, and the card just doesn't show as completed?

I just want those 5 grim points maaaan
Oh, hm, I know it was glitched when the gametype debuted, and then on the next patch, it would unlock once you played a round. Maybe a subsequent patch broke it again and you didn't play a round at the right time.

Lnkn52

Me with information, with people asking about how I got something.

Really...

gMo2Ysa.gif

As with every time I get vacacations, I can start getting ready for The worst day at The office ever. I've prepared my handover file, but I still can't relax.

I'm thinking about what to do today. Weekly Heroic 32 to have enough coins for the weekend or PoE 32? This would be the first time in a long one I go against omnigul without burns, and the only effect is brawler, so I hope it's not very awful.

Nuszka

Silly question, but is the elimination grimoire card on the destiny app bugged? It shows that i have 225 wins but no k/d whatsoever and all the steps of grimoire are filled up.

noomi

Silly question, but is the elimination grimoire card on the destiny app bugged? It shows that i have 225 wins but no k/d whatsoever and all the steps of grimoire are filled up.

I don't think there even is a elimination grim card.... is there?

Karl2177

I've been playing more PvP lately, and I never realized how many players out there are doing shady stuff with their connections. I've never used the report tools as much as I have this past week. The game this morning was really interesting because my team was stuck at the Hold X to respawn and heavy popped up. Every time Heavy or Interceptors came up, we would get stuck at the respawn screen. All for Combined Arms wins apparently.

The last trophy I need for Guardian Lordship has got to be one of the most time consuming ones, Titan Mastery. My Titan sits at Level 2.

I need some Red Bull codes in my life.

ocean

Banned
There is no way I'm gonna delete a character. The grind for faction rep is waaaay too real for that.

But given the numerous changes being made to the base game, I hope there's some way to take my current character through all the original missions on Heroic, with the questification thing, and all cinematic a (including the very first one).

Probably not tho :( I'll just have to manually select each mission from the Direction, pray I remember the right order for them, and miss the 2-3 non-repeating cutscenes.

Nuszka

I don't think there even is a elimination grim card.... is there?

In the app there is, but god only knows how it works. Btw had some fun elimination games this morning, its nice to play with some people who at least know how this mode works. Last night i had a dude on my team just going full Leeroy Jenkins every start of the round agains 3 grouped opponents. Wonder if he at least had the chicken...

noomi

Cheater. using that boost, huh?. :p

See I have the funny feeling that while the game may boost you to a certain level, it's not going to automatically max both subclasses.

Would be nice to be pleasantly surprised though

Yes, muahaha! I have red bull codes, so if anything I can grind a subclass in less than a week :D

My name will be on that list!

There is.

There is but you can easily unlock it doing Trials. That's how I got to rank 3 easily. I think I did that the first Trials weekend.

You most likely already got to rank 3.

Ah ok... I most likely completed it a while back and never realized it.

Cool!

*edit*

Just checked elimination grim card... says match wins 1640.... 0 kills and 0 deaths... the hell?

EL CUCO

Do you mean you just used a new code or something else?
My bad, I misunderstood. I thought I read people's Focused Light was disappearing from the post master after the patch. I see they aren't showing in postmaster at all after being redeemed.

I haven't redeemed anymore codes since the first couple weeks that it was announced.

Namikaze1

I don't know if I should stream myself failing miserably in this Ground Zeroes side op.

Yes, muahaha! I have red bull codes, so if anything I can grind a subclass in less than a week :D

Cool!
I honestly think they're going to just max out one subclass with the boost and have you level up the other one. Go with Defender if that's what they're going to do.

Hedera

This post made me look them up on eBay. It seems cheaper to buy the codes on eBay than to buy the cans in stores. Why is that? I don't want to drink that poison but I am tempted to buy the codes. I hate myself.
I don't really know. Maybe they can buy in bulk. That's kinda the problem I have, not knowing if they got the codes legitimately or if it's just made up codes since there was that whole thing about people making them up and not actually buying the cans...

Namikaze1

Cool!

*edit*

Just checked elimination grim card... says match wins 1640.... 0 kills and 0 deaths... the hell?
Mine says 729 with zero kills and deaths. I guess a trials win counts as 3 cause I sure as hell didn't play that many matches in trials.

Edit: nevermind. It counts the rounds won as wins.

Unsuccessful NF runs last night - strange coins and dupe weapons. But we did get in some entertaining Crota HM runs with Ape and Rene. Thanks guys!

You mean the "Bij get's all the exotics and no one else does" runs? That bastard.

Oh well, it was fun regardless. I enjoy running the sword.

Cool!

*edit*

I don't know if I should stream myself failing miserably in this Ground Zeroes side op.

I honestly think they're going to just max out one subclass with the boost and have you level up the other one. Go with Defender if that's what they're going to do.
It's a bug that counts rounds as matches. Most people unlocked it the first weekend they played Trials without even noticing.

EDIT: Fake top of page! Always fake top of page, never real top of page. :(

X-Frame

There is no way I'm gonna delete a character. The grind for faction rep is waaaay too real for that.

But given the numerous changes being made to the base game, I hope there's some way to take my current character through all the original missions on Heroic, with the questification thing, and all cinematic a (including the very first one).

Probably not tho :( I'll just have to manually select each mission from the Direction, pray I remember the right order for them, and miss the 2-3 non-repeating cutscenes.

The last big quality of life change that I want is for faction rep to be account based, not character based. It is ridiculous to me to have to re-grind faction rep for each character and it really makes starting over more punishing. What helps is that apparently there will be more ways to get rep for factions in TTK, so better than nothing.

For example, in Diablo 3 everything from the gem guy, the blacksmith, all those vendors are account based.

Top Bottom