• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

There is no way I'm gonna delete a character. The grind for faction rep is waaaay too real for that.

But given the numerous changes being made to the base game, I hope there's some way to take my current character through all the original missions on Heroic, with the questification thing, and all cinematic a (including the very first one).

Probably not tho :( I'll just have to manually select each mission from the Direction, pray I remember the right order for them, and miss the 2-3 non-repeating cutscenes.

If you make a sub account on the PS4 you should be able to enjoy the Destiny stuff while having online access--might be worth it if you find a weekend you just want to replay everything to hear Nolan.

amar212

I just noticed that since the yesterday's update we can actually rotate the gear items in their preview when in Options screen.

I have finally saw the rear of all helmets and chests in full size.

Nice detail.

Wonder will the same come for the weapons as well with TTK.

GutZ31

DISCLAIMER TO EVERYONE THAT HAS CODES FOR DESTINY​

Please hold onto your redeemable codes until bungie has issued a new patch addressing items not showing up ingame.

There are wide spread reports of people using the redbull quest codes and getting nothing at the postmaster, or newly moved kiosk.

This is also likely to be an issue for those that donated to the Napal Aid, and will be getting codes for emblems and shaders in the coming days.

Again, it is advised that you refrain from redeeming codes until a patch has been issued.

Waldini

Well, I redeemed the code(s) before I even knew about these "errors".

However, I think Bungie can figure out who redeemed and who hasn't.

I'm wondering though... Cause when I redeemed the code it said I only got the "light". Does the Quest unlock the 15th or is a seperate code being used just for the Quest?

Nuszka

Cant wait when i will get my hands on a Hakke or Suros hand cannon.
tumblr_nj0dl0aOha1smcbm7o1_400.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned

Please hold onto your redeemable codes until bungie has issued a new patch addressing items not showing up ingame.

There are wide spread reports of people using the redbull quest codes and getting nothing at the newly moved kiosk.

This is also likely to be an issue for those that donated to the Napal Aid, and will be getting codes for emblems and shaders in the coming days.

Again, it is advised that you refrain from redeeming codes until a patch has been issued.
If my code is lost.
giphy.gif

DINKLEFINGER

I'm wondering though... Cause when I redeemed the code it said I only got the "light". Does the Quest unlock the 15th or is a seperate code being used just for the Quest?
Focused Light Focused Light item available for pickup at the Postmaster.

GutZ31

The quest is just tied to the code, so it should just redeem itself come september 15th.

The last big quality of life change that I want is for faction rep to be account based, not character based. It is ridiculous to me to have to re-grind faction rep for each character and it really makes starting over more punishing. What helps is that apparently there will be more ways to get rep for factions in TTK, so better than nothing.

For example, in Diablo 3 everything from the gem guy, the blacksmith, all those vendors are account based.

I like the way you think.

Shito

The quest is just tied to the code, so it should just redeem itself come september 15th.
I'm not so sure about that.
Their wording has been very precise when redeeming a code, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed to redeem another code after TTK hits to get the mission...

My wife keeps taking my laptop to work so I had to figure out how to get the latest version of Chrome on my ancient Dell Mini 9 and have wireless work so I could use Destiny Item Manager for my loadouts, which wasn't as easy as it sounds. Finally found Linix Mint 17.2 that worked.

vwkynfE.png

E92 M3

There are wide spread reports of people using the redbull quest codes and getting nothing at the postmaster, or newly moved kiosk.

Would be messed up if money is just wasted.

This post made me look them up on eBay. It seems cheaper to buy the codes on eBay than to buy the cans in stores. Why is that? I don't want to drink that poison but I am tempted to buy the codes. I hate myself.

You are valuing the drink at 0 and the codes as the total price....they may (initially) be valuing the drink at the total price and the code at 0. ;-)

To them you are giving them free money...to you, you are getting the code at a discounted price....

GutZ31

I'm not so sure about that.
Their wording has been very precise when redeeming a code, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed to redeem another code after TTK hits to get the mission...

Your right.
After reading over the text they have at redbullquest, it makes no mention that you have to use it on, or after the 15th, it just says;
EPIC NEW QUEST
DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING
This epic, new quest is a never-before-seen, multi-stage mission in The Taken King that will test the speed and strategic abilities of Destiny players in new ways. Quest only needs to be unlocked once per account. This content requires purchase of The Taken King on the Destiny account on which it is redeemed.

AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 15TH​

Hard to know for sure at this point I think.

Lee

Will do, thanks.
So weird its just not showing up D:

Yeah, you were probably the first to report this issue, but now that I'm checking my app, neither of the codes I redeemed show up at the Postmaster.

Gutz is right. The hotfix broke code redemption. I'm sure it's easy for Bungie to track who redeemed codes and to make it right.

Lee

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on some ebay codes, but might as well wait and see if this is fixed.

This post made me look them up on eBay. It seems cheaper to buy the codes on eBay than to buy the cans in stores. Why is that? I don't want to drink that poison but I am tempted to buy the codes. I hate myself.

You're free to do whatever you want to do, but just a heads up that the ebay codes are likely being generated, and therefore the sellers are ripping off actual customers. I've had two codes straight from Red Bull cans be unredeemable (Red Bull replaced these after emailing a picture of the code on the can).

The codes are easily generated, and ebay sellers are taking advantage of this for profit at the expense of other players. If you can find an ebay seller who will send you a picture of the code on the can, that's kosher, and you're covered in the event the code is already used.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah, you were probably the first to report this issue, but now that I'm checking my app, neither of the codes I redeemed show up at the Postmaster.

Gutz is right. The hotfix broke code redemption. I'm sure it's easy for Bungie to track who redeemed codes and to make it right.

Reported it on Help page and all they keep copy pasting is anything related to the codes should be put forwards to Redbull support, even tho the code worked fine but Postmaster is broken. WHICH redbull cant do nothing about.

Will we ever get private lobbies or has Bungie ever mentioned it? Only way to play against some friends in another clan is to trick the system. It's been a blast whenever we can play against each other, for bragging rights.

ocean

Banned
Mayhem looks like a Nightmare lol

Definitely want to sink my teef into some Rift though.
Mayhem with Randoms will be disgusting.

With a team it could be fun to go mess around while talking crap. 6x Golden Guns with Achylophage just trolling the enemy team :p

Or 6 Sunsingers just nuking the entire map with burning grenades all over the place

Shito

Will we ever get private lobbies or has Bungie ever mentioned it? Only way to play against some friends in another clan is to trick the system. It's been a blast whenever we can play against each other, for bragging rights.
Last I've heard, they are considering it, but it won't be in TTK yet.

darknil

So a friend sent me a screenshot of a mail that he got telling that he was getting a free Etheric Light at the Postmaster. Is that even real?

If so, what usage do you recommend nowadays for Etheric Light? I already have a full VoC and I was wondering what other weapon would it be worth in this less of a month before the expansion.

Hedera

You're free to do whatever you want to do, but just a heads up that the ebay codes are likely being generated, and therefore the sellers are ripping off actual customers. I've had two codes straight from Red Bull cans be unredeemable (Red Bull replaced these after emailing a picture of the code on the can).

The codes are easily generated, and ebay sellers are taking advantage of this for profit at the expense of other players. If you can find an ebay seller who will send you a picture of the code on the can, that's kosher, and you're covered in the event the code is already used.
Yeah that's my issue, I said so in a previous post. Obviously I don't want to give money to those people and could easily generate the code myself (I would never do that).

Is the XP buff really that great? How much does it help? How long does it last?

Or are people paying for these because of the extra levels?
Yeah, I just wanted them for the xp boost since you now level up by gaining xp and I'm already saving up some public event packages and 5k bounties.

Lee

So a friend sent me a screenshot of a mail that he got telling that he was getting a free Etheric Light at the Postmaster. Is that even real?

Is he a casual player? I had started a new character on a second gamertag and then forgot about him. Bungie gave him a legendary package at the postmaster one day. It gave two legendary engrams and a gun I believe. My primary account got nothing. I think it's their way of bringing people back to the game and helping them level up/skip some of the grind.

Deku Tree

You can get E-light from level 35 PoE, level 34 PoE, and from RNG at the weekly level up package from Variks.

If your friend had a full inventory and got a E-light from Variks then it would not appear on the right side of his screen when he opened the package and it would instead appear at the postmaster.

I am guessing this is what happened. The postmaster doesn't just give out E-light or anything else.

Top Bottom