• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

PuMa

Don't pay attention that that dude he is always combative from what I have seen of him in this thread. He was going back calling out my post history the other day because I said it was hard to find a party to raid without jumping through hoops if you don't have real life friends to play with.

If you say anything negative he seems to get very defensive.

Good, I'm not the only one that noticed. Lol

LTWood12

Yeah figure I should raid more. Probably more fun using DGAF to find a group opposed to LFG as well (had an account here for years, not sure why I never bothered to use DGAF before).

My opinion on removing elemental primaries is not really that I don't have one
I actually do
but moreso from my experience playing without one I enjoy the challenge presented. If I want to take out an arc shield for example I need to get up close with an arc fusion rifle or shotgun or use an arc sniper but with limited ammo since I'm standing back from all the special ammo drops. Now obviously this isn't something I feel strongly about, just a passive thought that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

While I disagree, thanks for taking the time to explain where you were coming from. If you decide you'd like to get some more elemental primaries though, I'm happy to raid w/ you when I'm on. I can solo the abyss for you x3 to almost assuredly get you an Oversoul Edict (arc), and we could easily two man the bridge for a shot at Abyss Defiant (solar). W/ a full raid team we could knock out the full thing x3 in under 90 minutes.

NeOak

Now you can play the game
bcdEjpq.gif

so.. what do i do now that im level 34?
The real Destiny starts here.

Do PoE 35? Raids for fun and (maybe) profit? Trials of Osiris? Iron Banner? General crucible fun? Collect nifty weapons, upgrade them, and use them to murder alien civilizations? Get faction rep for fancy ships and shaders (motes really)?

Or just wait for taken king and play rocket league or whatever instead.

Well, on the topic of raiding more, I will propose a hypothetical. Would anyone be interested in doing raids (not now) without any cheese? Lactose intolerant guardians. Just guaging interest.

Yeah figure I should raid more. Probably more fun using DGAF to find a group opposed to LFG as well (had an account here for years, not sure why I never bothered to use DGAF before).

I actually do
but moreso from my experience playing without one I enjoy the challenge presented. If I want to take out an arc shield for example I need to get up close with an arc fusion rifle or shotgun or use an arc sniper but with limited ammo since I'm standing back from all the special ammo drops. Now obviously this isn't something I feel strongly about, just a passive thought that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Yeah, I would say definitely stick around here for raids. Lots of people here, me included, are always happy to take people through (and not spoil anything).

I hear you on your reasoning. Outside of Nightfalls, where basically everything seems to have a shield, elemental primaries aren't all that useful anyway.

Well, on the topic of raiding more, I will propose a hypothetical. Would anyone be interested in doing raids (not now) without any cheese? Lactose intolerant guardians. Just guaging interest.

I would like to i'm still trying to find people to raid for the first time with. I found a group Sunday and they cancelled on me. I haven been watching youtube videos on going into the CE raid solo to access the first few chests so i'm about to try that. Does this still work?

PuMa

I actually do

First of all, definitely get more into the raids if you can. The raids are some of the best content Destiny has to offer (VOG moreso) and DGAF is the best bunch to play with. Super helpful.

On the topic of elemental primaries, I agree it does water down your options some, but there are so many available now. It's not as limited as it was when just VOG had come out. Plus, since there are still some variations in shields through some strikes/missions, there is still a bit of strategy to employ (mix up element between weapon types). On top of that, it's just a blast to run through some Nightfalls with a burn and a good elemental primary. This week's is a great on in particular.

Yeah, add me. GKW212.

To be honest, not many people here cheese anything. A lot of the cheese has been taken out of the game and the bridge section (still cheesable) is just as easy (and fun) to do legit.

Edit: Oh yeah, i guess you can still cheese the Templar... didn't know people still did that... I still say it's one of the best fights in the game.

NeOak

Most VoG HM gross groups here don't do any cheese.

Your can only "cheese" the Templar, and that is just sniping from afar after wiping. They patched the old cheese where you made him fall down.

So yup, you can definitely find people here to run it legit.

I would like to i'm still trying to find people to raid for the first time with. I found a group Sunday and they cancelled on me. I haven been watching youtube videos on going into the raid solo to access the first few chests so i'm about to try that. Does this still work?

Why don't you try the newbie run groups?

Are they still Thursdays night? I remember Hawkian did them but I don't know who does them anymore.

noomi

Someone suggested I submit my video for Bungie MOTW.... sure. Let see if it makes it :D

I need 30 wins. Let me know when you're doing Skirmish, I'd love to join :)

Sure man, I tend to do a few Skirmish matches here and there every night, if you see me on send me a message or hop into my party :)

lt519

Yeah, add me. GKW212.

To be honest, not many people here cheese anything. A lot of the cheese has been taken out of the game and the bridge section (still cheesable) is just as easy (and fun) to do legit.

Edit: Oh yeah, i guess you can still cheese the Templar... didn't know people still did that... I still say it's one of the best fights in the game.

I committed suicide on my team when they tried to cheese the thrall pit on Crota by using the rock. I'll have none of that.

We ran both HM raids last week no cheese, we make a point to do it the right way as it builds up your skill and improvisation abilities. Probably why we cleared the bridge section no cheese when CE was released in less than a half hour with all 6 members making it across.

Your can only "cheese" the Templar, and that is just sniping from afar after wiping. They patched the old cheese where you made him fall down.

Are they still Thursdays night? I remember Hawkian did them but I don't know who does them anymore.
Main cheeses I'm thinking of are shooting the oracles and Templar without jumping down to the actual arena, hiding on tall platforms during Legion spawns though I can see arguments of that not being a cheese, standing on the rock after running through the lamps in CE, the bridge of course, and standing on that back middle platform during Crota.

phen0m24

Yeah, I would say definitely stick around here for raids. Lots of people here, me included, are always happy to take people through (and not spoil anything).

I hear you on your reasoning. Outside of Nightfalls, where basically everything seems to have a shield, elemental primaries aren't all that useful anyway.

I'm going to say getting hit with a solar messenger in pvp and dying from the burn is not exactly fun. So they are kinda useful. :) I thought I was getting Thorn'ed and was like wait what? (Unless Thorn guy died and someone else finished me off )

Can technically cheese the Oracles too :)

lt519

Main cheeses I'm thinking of are shooting the oracles and Templar without jumping down to the actual arena, hiding on tall platforms during Legion spawns though I can see arguments of that not being a cheese, standing on the rock after running through the lamps in CE, the bridge of course, and standing on that back middle platform during Crota.

Not sure I consider the back middle platform cheese during Crota, how is it different than a side platform? I don't think anyone runs around the bottom during that fight. Ogre rooms are more cheesy to me.

Top Bottom