• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Is there a Crota for Newbies raid this week? I've run Crota tons of times, but never run the sword. Would love to try with a group that has patience for me to learn.

Tecnniqe

Banned
giphy.gif

Fixed it

Main cheeses I'm thinking of are shooting the oracles and Templar without jumping down to the actual arena, hiding on tall platforms during Legion spawns though I can see arguments of that not being a cheese, standing on the rock after running through the lamps in CE, the bridge of course, and standing on that back middle platform during Crota.

I still don't know if I'd call the lamp rock "cheese." It's really just using the game's geometry to evade enemies. However, I can certainly see the argument that it's "cheap."

Cheese, to me, would be things that are certainly not meant to be used in order to beat a section. Unplugging the router, climbing outside of the play area to despawn enemies, and grenading a boss off a cliff would be what I consider cheese.

Gammacide

Can you no longer roll Rangefinder on Gheleon's Demise? Someone with that and Custom Optics was lighting it up vs my Badger CCL and that NEVER happens. Really want to see what I can do for my GD....

Is there a Crota for Newbies raid this week? I've run Crota tons of times, but never run the sword. Would love to try with a group that has patience for me to learn.

Do what I did and just answer LFG posts looking for swordbearers :d I've done it all this week but can give you a hand

Edit that's one more above

Main cheeses I'm thinking of are shooting the oracles and Templar without jumping down to the actual arena, hiding on tall platforms during Legion spawns though I can see arguments of that not being a cheese, standing on the rock after running through the lamps in CE, the bridge of course, and standing on that back middle platform during Crota.
Not sure how this one is even a cheese. I'd say that standing on the rocks at the end of the Abyss/sitting on tall platforms during legions aren't cheeses either.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh man, I guess you were just needing the regular strike for a TDB mission? We did the Weekly Heroic which I guess doesn't count but has better rewards. Saving coins for when Xur comes to town is a good idea anyway.

You should be able to jump into the regular lvl 26 strike though. It has matchmaking so you shouldn't have to do it alone.

Yeah I was trying matchmaking but got no one. That's why I asked in gaf haha

Can you no longer roll Rangefinder on Gheleon's Demise? Someone with that and Custom Optics was lighting it up vs my Badger CCL and that NEVER happens. Really want to see what I can do for my GD....

I havnt used a GD in a long time, but isnt the range on that already really good? I thuoght its downside was its rate of fire. but im probably wrong

Apparently trying to not die is cheesing now?

I still don't know if I'd call the lamp rock "cheese." It's really just using the game's geometry to evade enemies. However, I can certainly see the argument that it's "cheap."

Cheese, to me, would be things that are certainly not meant to be used in order to beat a section. Unplugging the router, climbing outside of the play area to despawn enemies, and grenading a boss off a cliff would be what I consider cheese.

Cheesing to me also includes standing somewhere where you cannot get hurt. The Legion spawns I overlook because you're not really suppose to kill them anyways. The lamp rock I don't have enough experience with and maybe you can still get hurt there but you're definitely bypassing a lot. I mean when I did my HM CE run we had three guardians crammed on that rock, didn't feel right.

LTWood12

Shooting the Oracles from up top? Mostly cheese

Templar from up top? I've literally never heard of that

Getting to high ground during legions? How the fuck is that a cheese? It's strategy.

Getting to high ground while waiting the the abyss path to spawn? Strategy. if that's a cheese than so is using any bladedancer abilities.

Bridge? Lots of cheeses

Finding the safest place to DPS Crota? Again, how the fuck is that a cheese?

No wonder you don't want to do raids! Apparently using the mechanics provided lessens the experience.

Cheesing to me also includes standing somewhere where you cannot get hurt. The Legion spawns I overlook because you're not really suppose to kill them anyways. The lamp rock I don't have enough experience with and maybe you can still get hurt there but you're definitely bypassing a lot. I mean when I did my HM CE run we had three guardians crammed on that rock, didn't feel right.

Totally fair opinion. I agree it isn't the proper way to do the fight.

Edit: I should add that I still don't think it's exactly "cheese." Agreed that it's cheap though.

Any Skolas vets willing to help me go through it.. have never finished the fight. Got all the way to Skolas one time but had to bail due to time.

So Im pretty much a Skolas virgin.

One of us, one of us

A..are you not?

Didn't realize you were a Mortal Kombat fan!

I'm 20,000kms away from my PS4.

Did you try to remote into your console again and maybe accidentally did that?

No I didn't. It showing from today, Robinson said psn is being weird and showing false status...I hope it's that.

Your house is haunted. It's the only explanation.

Or someone broke into my house and is playing my ps4!

Shooting the Oracles from up top? Mostly cheese

Templar from up top? I've literally never heard of that

Getting to high ground during legions? How the fuck is that a cheese? It's strategy.

Getting to high ground while waiting the the abyss path to spawn? Strategy. if that's a cheese than so is using any bladedancer abilities.

Bridge? Lots of cheeses

Finding the safest place to DPS Crota? Again, how the fuck is that a cheese?

No wonder you don't want to do raids! Apparently using the mechanics provided lessens the experience.

Wiping to do the Oracles and Templar up top is definitely a cheese. Templar up top takes more work because the relic holder needs to stay down and take down the shields.

Hiding on the middle platform from the Windows @ Crota is not cheese. Maybe this one is subjective but you don't have to wipe or doing anything out of the boundaries of the small area of the map.

Hiding from legions isn't really cheese, either.

LTWood12

Helm of Saint-14 is cheese.
Titan bubble is cheese.
Making orbs for your team to heal using infusion is cheese.

Using heavy synths is cheese.
Going back to crystal room is cheese.
Waiting for Crota to be middle is cheese.
Tracking rockets are cheese.
Stalker is cheese.
Vanish is cheese.
Don't Touch Me is cheese.
Ice Breaker is cheese.
Black Hammer is cheese.
Taking out ads is cheese.

Shall I continue?

Homeboyd

Helm of Saint-14 is cheese.
Titan bubble is cheese.
Making orbs for your team to heal using infusion is cheese.

Using heavy synths is cheese.
Going back to crystal room is cheese.
Waiting for Crota to be middle is cheese.
Tracking rockets are cheese.
Stalker is cheese.
Vanish is cheese.
Don't Touch Me is cheese.
Ice Breaker is cheese.
Black Hammer is cheese.
Taking out ads is cheese.

Shall I continue?
You know what isn't cheese? Velveeta.

I'm 20,000kms away from my PS4.

No I didn't. It showing from today, Robinson said psn is being weird and showing false status...I hope it's that.

Or someone broke into my house and is playing my ps4!
You aren't showing up online at all right now (checked app).

Are you using your Vita? Maybe that's screwing with your online status.

Fake edit: Friends app on Vita shows you as offline.

NeOak

You know what isn't cheese? Velveeta.
I laughed out loud at work

Oh, that reminds me.

Friend that moved recently to PS4 from XO got

- Red Death in raid
- Truth in NF
- Gjally in NF
- Hawkmoon in NF

Lucky SOB. Captured it all on stream lol

Top Bottom