• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

OkayRene

latest

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Have any of Bungie's intended solutions to the boss fights ever been revealed?

I'd be really curious to know how they thought Crota would play out internally.

LTWood12

Need 2 for Skolas, but a couple of house rules:

1. We always have to be standing where Skolas is able to hit us.
2. We have to spawn the mines when all the ads are still out, so that we can take damage.
3. Melee only against Sword Captains. They don't have guns, so it wouldn't be fair.
4. No Bladedancers, Defenders, or Sunsingers

NeOak

2. We have to spawn the mines when all the ads are still out, so that we can take damage.
3. Melee only against Sword Captains. They don't have guns, so it wouldn't be fair.

LT, you're being too tryhard atm

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Masochist!

You absolutely cannot bring a Gjallarhorn either.

Unstable

Serious talk. Humans are, by nature, efficient. We strive to expend the smallest amount of energy for the maximal effect. So, any expectation that players wouldn't use the easiest possible strategy to defeat an encounter is absurd. It's merely human nature.

It's on Bungie to design encounters that can't be so easily "cheesed".

Ramirez

5. Must disable mines while dancing.

LTWood12

Serious talk. Humans are, by nature, efficient. We strive to expend the smallest amount of energy for the maximal effect. So, any expectation that players wouldn't use the easiest possible strategy to defeat an encounter is absurd. It's merely human nature.

^Said in one paragraph what I failed to say in a dozen snarky posts. Thank you.

Deku Tree

Problem: Bungie has at least 150 QA testers and they can't figure out that "Ghorn Spam" will melt Skolas Solar Burn?

Solution: Nerf Ghorn.

GutZ31

6. Must repeat the hashtag; #theswordislocatedinachamber, #guardedbytheswarmprinces

Agent

Now that is just flat out gross, Cheese on a fried chicken sandwich is just wrong.

Extra pickles now... that's another story

What?

swMkAWd.jpg

Fried chicken with cheese, red-hot mayo, pickles, on a potato roll. You're not living if you think that is gross.

Sorry in advance for the OT post and making all of you hungry.

So I'm waiting on Variks to summon me for this elder cipher...

How long did everyone have to wait before it was "ready?"

It's been almost 96 hours for me.

Edit: Agent, damn, that looks flippin' phenomenal.

You would need adaptive AI that can respond and change behaviour to human tactics

Even then people would figure out how the AI works and use it to their advantage

Its just how video games go man

PuMa

So I'm waiting on Variks to summon me for this elder cipher...

How long did everyone have to wait before it was "ready?"

It's been almost 96 hours for me.

I waited maybe a day. Not long at all. There was rumor that doing Fallen missions or killing fallen sped up the process. I did that including a daily with a lot of fallen, and it popped in no time .

Dave_6

What?

swMkAWd.jpg

Fried chicken with cheese, red-hot mayo, pickles, on a potato roll. You're not living if you think that is gross.

I went to Chick Fila for lunch today and this post is making me hungry again.

phen0m24

cheeselocks are cheese and that's all!

Haha haha FTFY :p

Lt and Ramirez I have greatly enjoyed your back and forthery. No bans were handed out and only pride was hurt in the making of this mockumentary.

DGAF > All else

PS
I got a side salad and grilled nuggets from CFA today.

LTWood12

You would need adaptive AI that can respond and change behaviour to human tactics

Even then people would figure out how the AI works and use it to their advantage

Its just how video games go man

Or just not put a rock that can be jumped on top of w/ weight of darkness x10 against a bunch of melee only enemies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Or just not put a rock that can be jumped on top of w/ weight of darkness x10 against a bunch of melee only enemies.
Pretty much. If bungie didn't see it as a viable strategy they would've fixed it eons ago. The bridge has somethings fixed and others not. radiance method is seen as strategy as well.

What?

Except for the mayo, I could take it. I had to spend the whole weekend restricted to vegan food. Vita without cheese is not vita.

What?

swMkAWd.jpg

Where do I get one of those?

Chic Fil-a sandwich is probably the last thing I'd put cheese on, but that looks real good.

A friend and I are looking to run Skolas tonight, probably around 9pm eastern.

Neither of us have run it, but have read up on all of the strategies.

Would any of you kind souls like to help us run through it?

I should be able to do a run then. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

I'm central US, and usually play late like 10:30-11pm ish. Would love a sherp sherp

I could do another run with you after the above run with th3dude.

hey, at what time do you usually play? I haven't had the chance to beat Skolas yet.

I play at random times, usually based around when other people are looking to do something. Would you like to join the run with kidko, at 10:30-11 pm Central? What time zone are you? I could do another run some other time if that doesn't work.

Haha haha FTFY :p

Lt and Ramirez I have greatly enjoyed your back and forthery. No bans were handed out and only pride was hurt in the making of this mockumentary.

DGAF > All else

PS
I got a side salad and grilled nuggets from CFA today.

hahahaha nice! I was (mostly) enjoying my CFA while anxiously refreshing DGAF for the info update.

Just tell me what legendary weapons will become! At this point it's pretty much all I want to know haha

Top Bottom