• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

On Vanguard strike playlist:

-Year one strikes are under the Vanguard Legacy playlist.

-Vanguard Ursa is a list of random heroic strikes that will award players with legendary marks and legendary engrams

-Vanguard Marmoset is a list of strikes pulled specifically from The Taken King.

And I didn't think it could get any stupider than Roc.

Lnkn52

On Vanguard strike playlist:

-Year one strikes are under the Vanguard Legacy playlist.

-Vanguard Ursa is a list of random heroic strikes that will award players with legendary marks and legendary engrams

-Vanguard Marmoset is a list of strikes pulled specifically from The Taken King.

Nami stop! Can't hold in the HYPE! Is it September 15th yet?!

Daemul

Also, we better getting a 1:1 mark exchange rate. I have 400 marks all together on my Titan, so I expect to have 400 Legendary marks on him when I boot up TTK, unless Bungie are keeping that 200 mark limit which would be bullshit.

Namikaze1

That's not going to do anything to prevent AFKers AFKing. Death doesn't mean anything in this game.

Hopefully they have something else in the works to really put an end to that.

AFK'ers won't give a shit unless they're trying to complete the Walking Tall bounty. AFK'ers have never been trying to avoid dying, they've been trying to avoid doing anything at all.
This is one of the ways they're trying to curb AFK if you would read the GI article. :/

Could it be that with the new Vanguard legacy playlist it will not only match you with guardians of similar level but also adjust the level of the strike based on that?

All of this info is making me really hungry. If only I took a vacation ONE WEEK earlier, I'd be hyped at an all time high.

?? A Philly as in a hot chick?

Hahaha as in Cheesesteak!

From which shop? I have the same thing on my list whenever I visit the east coast.

I've only really heard of Pat's and Geno's. But after I did some research recently, I want to try Dalessandros and John's Roast Pork looks REALLY good :p

You?

Eww don't ruin a perfectly good CFA sandwich by putting cheese on it. Especially if it's a spicy chicken sandwich. Chickfila sauce is perfectly acceptable.

Hahaha it's so good! I also add a mix between Chick Fil A sauce + Honey Roasted BBQ sauce. It's better than getting Ghorns every week :p

Lee

So Bungie are taking the whole PoE teleporting entire party to arena thing and adding something similar to strikes to curb AFK issues.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch the enemies kill all AFKers.

This is a great solution to the AFK problem that I never actually considered. Hopefully it works and isn't abused.

Daemul

-Vanguard Marmoset

c9u1x.gif

Also, we better getting a 1:1 mark exchange rate. I have 400 marks all together on my Titan, so I expect to have 400 Legendary marks on him when I boot up TTK, unless Bungie are keeping that 200 mark limit which would be bullshit.
Legendary marks are what's replacing VG and Crucible marks.

Legendary materials are what's replacing platsteel, hadronic essence and sapphire wire.

Klyka

Banned
players will no longer dive into a strike playlist based on their character’s level. Instead strike playlist are broken into three categories.

The Vanguard legacy strike playlist is basically a list of all the strikes from vanilla Destiny and the last two rounds of DLC. Vanguard Ursa is a list of random heroic strikes that will award players with legendary marks and legendary engrams. And finally, Vanguard Marmoset (if you feel like monkeying around, I guess) is a list of strikes pulled specifically from The Taken King. This seems like a simpler matchmaking system for strikes and should give players a better way to dive into the content they want to play. Apparently, appropriate matchmaking now occurs behind the scenes.

NOICE

Legendary marks are what's replacing VG and Crucible marks.

Legendary materials are what's replacing platsteel, hadronic essence and sapphire wire.

I only see 1:1 conversion. Unless they modified the costs of items, I don't see them changing the conversion. We'll see!

matmanx1

AFK'ers won't give a shit unless they're trying to complete the Walking Tall bounty. AFK'ers have never been trying to avoid dying, they've been trying to avoid doing anything at all.

This will help a bit, but certainly not solve the problem.

A lot of AFKers sneak by getting booted from the game by simply holding forward or walking in a circle.

If the game teleports them forward then there is a solid chance of the AFKer dying to an enemy. Because holding forward doesn't do jack shit while you're dead, you'll find these people actually getting booted instead of just hanging back walking slowly into a wall somewhere.

And I didn't think it could get any stupider than Roc.

What's wrong with Roc?

Klyka

Banned
There are a ton of new bounties. There are dedicated bounties for your class each day, fireteam bounties to complete with your friends, featured playlist bounties, Trials of Osiris bounties, and even weekly bounties that come with big rewards.

fireteam bounties, nice!

GhaleonEB

Even for veteran players, there's going to be so much new when TTK launches it's going to feel overwhelming. The sheer volume of stuff in the GI article is really impressive. And Bungie was surely holding back some stuff for launch, or for them to reveal later.

Really excited about the hand crafted Nightfall strikes, especially if there are new modifiers.

It only took a year for them to make Salvage, a part of their trophy list, permanent haha but I'm glad! Yet another positive change.

No raid info = exactly what I want. I don't want ANY raid info whatsoever! Complete mystery is, imo, the best way to go in. So much fun and it's that experience that you'll never ever forget.

coy

I've only really heard of Pat's and Geno's. But after I did some research recently, I want to try Dalessandros and John's Roast Pork looks REALLY good :p

You?
I always hear that Pat's and Geno's are for the tourists so I looked up others and actually the two you mentioned kept popping up for me as well. We probably read the same articles hah.

If I take time off, I've gotta plan what to eat for the day. These are important matters to consider.

Langy

Looking for 4 to run either atheon and/or crota, which eve gets the most interest. Who wants to come?

1. Langoit
2. Langoits friend

We go when full...

Wow. Strike spoilers

Fighting the Darkblade in total darkness is gonna be fun. I'm serious.

I hope it's like the Darkness of the Abyss in that there is Weight and you can't jump for shit.

It'll make the encounter terrifying to not be able to run away as fast as you feel like you should be able to.

Tempted to read that 4pg GI article.

Could someone that has read it tell me if they're any story spoilers in it?

The story part is clearly marked "STORY" at the top. Just skip that part until you see the next header.

Lnkn52

Even for veteran players, there's going to be so much new when TTK launches it's going to feel overwhelming. The sheer volume of stuff in the GI article is really impressive. And Bungie was surely holding back some stuff for launch, or for them to reveal later.

Really excited about the hand crafted Nightfall strikes, especially if there are new modifiers.

Need to quit my full-time job.

Nightfalls should all be about risk/reward, like jumping up on the platform and 4th horse-manning Omnigul in the face on an Arc nightfall

GI article is cool, has some nice new details but nothing major. I like everything I've heard so far. It's going to be a long wait until 9-15.

Colts fan unite! Are you from Indiana?

Haha yep :) I've moved around a few times but recently moved "back home again, in Indiana" as the song goes.

Daemul

This is one of the ways they're trying to curb AFK if you would read the GI article. :/

Yeah I know, I'm just saying it won't do anything to curb AFK'ers since AFK'ers have no intention of taking part in the strike to start with, they're only there to get carried and get their loot. So instead of just being out of sight and out of mind back at the beginning spawn, now you'll be dragging their lazy ass with you all the way through.

The only way to curb AFK'ers is to prevent people getting any rewards at all if they don't participate in the strike.

This will help a bit, but certainly not solve the problem.

A lot of AFKers sneak by getting booted from the game by simply holding forward or walking in a circle.

If the game teleports them forward then there is a solid chance of the AFKer dying to an enemy. Because holding forward doesn't do jack shit while you're dead, you'll find these people actually getting booted instead of just hanging back walking slowly into a wall somewhere.

You can respawn every 30's seconds outside of the boss room in strikes so AFK'ers will probably just stay there until the fight ends, unless of course Bungie have changed how that all works.

Nightfalls should all be about risk/reward, like jumping up on the platform and 4th horse-manning Omnigul in the face on an Arc nightfall

I honestly want nightfalls to no longer have beneficial modifiers.

Sort of defeats the purpose of a "hard mode" end-game like challenge when it's occasionally easier than the heroic.

Owensboro

Looking for 4 to run either atheon and/or crota, which eve gets the most interest. Who wants to come?

1. Langoit
2. Langoits friend

We go when full...

This for Hard (Heroic) Mode? And PS4? If yes to both, I'm down (but won't be home for probably 20 minutes) Either of the raids work for me.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Scattered parts throughout the Dreadnaught to collect to build an exotic weapon sounds awesome. Can't wait to explore the shit out of that place. And thanks to Xur I got dem hunter boots. Jumps for days.

Top Bottom