• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
Jesus playing with Randoms is pure cancer.

Lent my little brother my account so he could play a little bit at max level and with all the loot. He does the Weekly Heroic at 32. Gets matchmade with 2 guys. The kid doesn't play this games do it's Omnigul, where you have to play safe. So obviously he dies a lot.

After a while they stopped reviving him. Just danced on his body and tea bagged him. He never wants to play the game again.

There you go.

Bringing up not wanting any raid info, I was going to make a fun remark spoiler tagging that you kill Oryx, but then I thought how cool it would be if we didn't. What if Oryx escapes at the end of the raid, and they build him up over time and we ultimately take him down years later?

Not that you'd want the same enemy over ands over again, and I'm not implying that, but I certainly wouldn't want Destiny to get into a habit of "Hey look at this cool bad guy that you might of heard in small talk but now he's finally here! Now proceed to immediately kill him."

I'll make the comparison to Star Wars, where you have this big baddie present throughout all the the films, opposed to the prequels that seemingly had a new big baddie each film.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Lent my little brother my account so he could play a little bit at max level and with all the loot. He does the Weekly Heroic at 32. Gets matchmade with 2 guys. The kid doesn't play this games do it's Omnigul, where you have to play safe. So obviously he dies a lot.

After a while they stopped reviving him. Just danced on his body and tea bagged him. He never wants to play the game again.

There you go.
nightfall loot roll is the true cancer.

Kyoufu

There you go.

Well you probably shouldn't let him do advanced content :p

I wouldn't teabag or stop reviving but Omnigul is a pain in the butt and I wouldn't be too pleased with deadweight players in that place.

I hate Omnigul :(

Everything sounds good but it looks like they went through the whole story mode, all the strikes and crucible maps in the day they were there. They even opened up the Taken War and described some of those missions as really challenging.

X-Frame

So I should probably hold onto any duplicate exotics at this point?

Or even possibly buy duplicate exotics from Xur if it's a weapon I use (e.g. Red Death)? That way I could use them to upgrade the exotic when TTK drops. Though I may be getting ahead of myself ..

There you go.

Yea my nephew has similar experiences with strike playlists. He hates randoms especially because there are some that don't revive him ever. You just have to tell him that it's luck of the draw the people you'll get teamed up with during matchmaking, unfortunately. I think more often than not, you'll get teamed up with at least decent people.

Oh and my nephew dislikes Omnigul the most.

Klyka

Banned
Everything sounds good but it looks like they went through the whole story mode, all the strikes and crucible maps in the day they were there. They even opened up the Taken War and described some of those missions as really challenging.

The story missions no matter what Bungie does, will never keep you for crazy long.
They already said it's 6-7 hours, which I am sure people will easily cut down to 3 hours on day 1.

They commented several times in the article that they didn't actually get to play certain parts, but were just shown or told about them for the sake of time.

ocean

Banned
Well you probably shouldn't let him do advanced content :p

I wouldn't teabag or stop reviving but Omnigul is a pain in the butt and I wouldn't be too pleased with deadweight players in that place.

I hate Omnigul :(
He got more kills, assists, generated more orbs, and got more revives than the two guys in a fireteam while playing unassisted a strike he had never played. He died 5 times which is annoying but these guys were mean enough for him to quit the game, meleeing him, shoting and tea bagging him... Ugh. So pissed.

I should have never sharded the 10 exotic weapon dupes I've gotten within the past week, darnit. Not sharding anything special until next month!

Kyoufu

He got more kills, assists, generated more orbs, and got more revives than the two guys in a fireteam while playing unassisted a strike he had never played. He died 5 times which is annoying but these guys were mean enough for him to quit the game, meleeing him, shoting and tea bagging him... Ugh. So pissed.

5 times? That's nothing. Jerks!

Sawtooth Oscillator, 12 Strange Coins, and No Land Beyond. Thanks Destiny!

Don't shard your NLB just yet! Save it for TTK!

My nephew's first 2 exotics:

1) First PoE completion (2 days ago) = Dragon's Breath.
2) First Nightfall (yesterday) = No Land Beyond.

Talk about awesome :p

Wait, couldn't he res himself after the 30 seconds or whatever?

ocean

Banned
Wait, couldn't he res himself after the 30 seconds or whatever?
He respawned eventually when a section would end and managed to finish the strike but had an all-round terrible time with these guys.
Luckily he didn't die during the final boss fight or he'd have missed it entirely.

I'm glad I kept a spare Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, and Last Word. :D

I don't care much about the last word

If they do something special with the perks for each exotic, you'll be set!

I sharded my extra hawkmoons and a couple GHorns when HoW came out due to lack of space ;(

And people want raid matchmaking... After today's random dork I'd rather always be more social.

Speaking of that. I'm a bit short on time, but does anybody want to do the weekly heroic on 32?

PSN - Figaliz. No mic today due to fairly late.

So here's our Dilemma if Xur sells something good within the next 5 weekends that he'll be here before TTK arrives:

1) Should we buy the dupe exotic? If so, how many extra?
or
2) Save up strange coins for the
Three of Coins

Have to find a happy medium, maybe. Buy a dupe or 2 of something good that you like, just in case, I suppose.

WipedOut

So here's our Dilemma if Xur sells something good within the next 5 weekends that he'll be here before TTK arrives:

1) Should we buy the dupe exotic? If so, how many extra?
or
2) Save up strange coins for the
Three of Coins

Have to find a happy medium, maybe. Buy a dupe or 2 of something good that you like, just in case, I suppose.

Need Gorgon x3, Atheon x3, DS x3 and Crota x3. Might as well get a stockpile just in case

DarKshodaN

There you go.

Sorry to hear, never saw something like that, for me matchmaking worked always great

What's the deal with dupes, do we need them to upgrade? That's bullshit if true, where are we suppose to keep them all?

In the last two days I've sharded a red death, nlb, universal remote, ice breaker, helm inmost light and something else I can't remember

Need Gorgon x3, Atheon x3, DS x3 and Crota x3. Might as well get a stockpile just in case

Yup! I need everything on Xbox still. I want to do Oracles to Atheon x3. I still would like to play with Found Verdict and Fatebringer prior to TTK :p And the off chance of getting my first Foil in either platform.

Tell that to the gaffer who spent a few hours yesterday grinding for one

It doesn't drop immediately for everyone.

I love how vague Bungie is some times.

Husk of the Pit drop rate increased 150%.

Literally means nothing since we don't know it's original drop rate. Could have gone from 20 to 30%. Could have gone from 2% to 3%.

You know how much this game means to me?

When I read this, I got teary eyed, and Im not joking.

"I love that when you go to the Dreadnaught, you’re the one planting the patrol beacons for the guardians who will come after you."

FyreWulff

I want to know if they're trying to keep the old raids relevant. HoW and Etheric Light was great for renewing VoG interest but will there be any motivation in TTK? Unless they finally add new exotics to VoG and CE loot tables, not many people will play them "just for fun" when there's so much other weekly stuff to do.

Colorado is one of the places I've lived previously :p Beautfiul part of the country, still visit often. Got married there actually.

Old raids will just become old. I think their goal is to have so much content eventually that it'll be near impossible to do everything in a week, anyway.

Namikaze1

I love how vague Bungie is some times.

Husk of the Pit drop rate increased 150%.

Literally means nothing since we don't know it's original drop rate. Could have gone from 20 to 30%. Could have gone from 2% to 3%.
Yesterday, I did the Blades bounty across all 3 after the patch hit since if I'm going to hit that mission I might as well do it. Nothing dropped from all 9 trips.

So ten minutes, yeah nope.

Sky Walker

I just got these from Postmaster !

fFZSbDo.jpg

What's going on ?! I haven't redeemed any Redbull codes recently at all !

Top Bottom