• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Axoman

Yup! I need everything on Xbox still. I want to do Oracles to Atheon x3. I still would like to play with Found Verdict and Fatebringer prior to TTK :p And the off chance of getting my first Foil in either platform.

I still don't have a foil. I'll run HM Oracles on VoG with you.

Frenden

Banned
What's the deal with dupes, do we need them to upgrade? That's bullshit if true, where are we suppose to keep them all?

In the last two days I've sharded a red death, nlb, universal remote, ice breaker, helm inmost light and something else I can't remember
The bits of info I want most pertain to your question and a more thorough explanation of the new Light system.

Both are nebulous as yet and could be sources of grind and frustration if implemented poorly.

Just got a bunch of the Special Delivery packages and a second Focused Light. 3 packages were strange coins and the other was a Give/Take Equation. I can only assume whatever they did to fix the Focused Light caused every Special Orders package to re-send, as these match every one of the ones I've had before (the 9 coins from the email, the Christmas present/random legendary weapon, and the one Focused Light I own).

What's even funnier is that my original Christmas package was a Plug One.1, the vanguard Fusion Rifle at the time.

Lee

I'm wondering if this is something they're going to backtrack/fix and if I shouldn't have my brother log on and collect for me.

Won't be home for another... 6 hours?

Bungie plz.

ocean

Banned
Also got 3 packages with 3 Strange Coins on each plus a package with a Geo Vanguard Sniper. Pretty good roll on it too. I'd have kept it if I didn't have Eye of Sol as a low impact sniper to use.

Arrrammis

i did i made a thread about combined arms being locked out with dlc 1 after the patch but they deleted it...:/
Did you include a post flair? (I.e. [SGA], [misc], [suggestion], etc.) Any thread that doesn't include one in the title is automatically deleted.

Spoo

So I'm getting back into Destiny after a hiatus -- this TTK stuff just looks too good. Started a Titan with my friend, but I have my level 29 Warlock just sitting there doing not much at all. I've run the VoG on normal, but it's been a while.

I'd like to jump into someone's group or something and get the hang of the raid again. I was one of the many who just couldn't crack the 29-30 jump. At the same time, I don't want to be an imposition on anyone's well-oiled machine of a group. If anyone is willing to let a returning player get the hang of things again with them I'd love that :) (edit: I play on PS4)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Well I think that makes a full team already. At least for 1 run. I know 2 people that would do it with their only character, most likely.

We could start 1 fresh if we don't have an Oracle checkpoint, and then save that checkpoint for the other 2 runs.

what time are you doing this? I get home around 7pm EST, I'm down if you need an extra or fill in.

Arrrammis

Frontier shell? Isn't that the one we got in the limited edition?
Yup. It's the pre order ship vs. Blue ship all over again.

For those that don't know, the legendary ship that came with the gaurdian edition was exactly the same as another blue ship. Exactly the same, model, colors everything. Bungie pls.

Just got an Allfate from a "benefactor" at the Postmaster. What's that all about? Other people getting random gifts?

Edit: Just read this page, seems other people are getting stuff, too.

Arrrammis

So I'm getting back into Destiny after a hiatus -- this TTK stuff just looks too good. Started a Titan with my friend, but I have my level 29 Warlock just sitting there doing not much at all. I've run the VoG on normal, but it's been a while.

I'd like to jump into someone's group or something and get the hang of the raid again. I was one of the many who just couldn't crack the 29-30 jump. At the same time, I don't want to be an imposition on anyone's well-oiled machine of a group. If anyone is willing to let a returning player get the hang of things again with them I'd love that :) (edit: I play on PS4)
Sure, send me a friend request! PSN is Arrrammis.

pixxxelz

OK after reading that GI article I'm officially hyped for TTK, all those things sound too good!

Now to try to convince my old fireteam to return to the game

Be on the lookout for newbie raids that some here post to get people familiar with the mechanics. The weekends are the best time to look for groups. As long as you actively seek groups you will enter raids easily.

todd360

Next page is raid info! Also we don't have any raid info but we will tell you what we think.

Next page is literally nothing we haven't already heard lol.

what time are you doing this? I get home around 7pm EST, I'm down if you need an extra or fill in.

I will be on too if you need people. Took a night off to play Banjo-K and I'm refreshed!

I can probably do a few of these.

I still don't have a foil. I'll run HM Oracles on VoG with you.

Set it up let's do do it tonight

Sometime tonight when everyone is on. We'll definitely need 2-3 people for at least the 2nd and 3rd runs so I'll check what everyone is doing when everyone is on and send the appropriate message. I can start a party and invite everyone to see what everyone is up to that way we can go once all is ready. Or if people want to reply when they're going to get on to get a rough estimate, that'll be fine.

Sounds like Me, Wiped and Zoso are good for 3 Oracle to Atheon runs (possibly 1 fresh to get checkpoint). Y'all can confirm if that's true. Axo as well?

I'll be home around 730pm CST

If I'm on and you need one for anything, shoot me an invite. I should be available.

Will do!

Sometime tonight when everyone is on. We'll definitely need 2-3 people for at least the 2nd and 3rd runs so I'll check what everyone is doing when everyone is on and send the appropriate message. I can start a party and invite everyone to see what everyone is up to that way we can go once all is ready. Or if people want to reply when they're going to get on to get a rough estimate, that'll be fine.

Sounds like Me, Wiped and Zoso are good for 3 runs. Y'all can confirm. Axo as well?

I'll be home around 7pm CST

If I'm on and you need one for anything, shoot me an invite. I should be available.

GhaleonEB

Old raids will just become old. I think their goal is to have so much content eventually that it'll be near impossible to do everything in a week, anyway.

Other than a few utterly insane people, that will be largely achieved with TTK, methinks. Most will likely just refocus on the new stuff.

Next page is raid info! Also we don't have any raid info but we will tell you what we think.

Next page is literally nothing we haven't already heard lol.

It's become apparent that since they gathered all this information in 1 day, that some of the individual article materials are crossing over into other articles regularly.

Not Another Pest Control Matrix... And a Vindicator XI, as if I did not have enough auto rifles.

Anyways, best randoms I've seen in a long time. Today is an strange day.

Nightfall, weekly... Tomorrow it's time for PoE 32.

Most people around here are very experienced and have no troubles helping a newer player along in a raid. Even the Hard Mode raids aren't so tough that you need 6 super star players. Crota's End raid is even easier than VoG for accommodating new players despite it being higher difficulty level.

I'm really going to have to try and get 9/15 - 9/16 off from work... I'll ask right now:

Worker Bee Me: Hey Boss Narmer, can I take off two days in the middle of September? Have some family business to attend to. Wedding and such...

Boss Me: Sure, no problem, Employee Narmer. I am taking those days off as well. But my excuse isn't as see-through. I'm going to be playing Destiny for approximately 48 straight hours. I'm sure you read the GI article(s).

Worker Bee Me: Oh, so we're on the same page, good.

Boss Me: Ok, that's enough. We're on our way to developing multiple personalities and the health benefits here aren't exactly industry-standard.

I can, but I won't be able to get on until after 10-10:30PM EST. You don't have to wait for me though.

That's why I want to gather everyone's availability! I want what's best for everyone's time :p

But we are doing 3 runs so I'm sure you'll be able to get in at least 1

Namikaze1

I'm hoping Bungie don't reveal much about the raid over the next few weeks.
Noooooo
I was jking.

CMPPyJ-WoAA2biO.png

phen0m24

I want to know if they're trying to keep the old raids relevant

Drizz - why not raid-specific bounties?

Turning 30 has not helped my love of videogames. Who has time for all this adult stuff AND Destiny? That's the true grind.

Wait until the next decade

coughcoughsorryfigcoughcough

Fig I have not forgotten you! We can do patrol and Nilla can try to jump over everything and throw knives.

Well I think that makes a full team already. At least for 1 run. I know 2 people that would do it with their only character, most likely.

We could start 1 fresh if we don't have an Oracle checkpoint, and then save that checkpoint for the other 2 runs.

I will be on too if you need people. Took a night off to play Banjo-K and I'm refreshed!

Sounds like Me, Wiped and Zoso are good for 3 Oracle to Atheon runs (possibly 1 fresh to get checkpoint). Y'all can confirm if that's true. Axo as well?

I'll be home around 730pm CST
Will do!

This is me ColonelOChoppedLiver checking in. If you guys can use a 33 Titan and a 27 Hunter I'm free around 9 or I can make Josh do it.
While I play Rocket League

;)

Oh yeah.

But I think the goal is even the insane people will have to pick and choose down the line :p

I feel like I hit that point with House of Wolves. With HoW there was so much content that I could no longer care about doing

Nightfall x3
Heroic x3
VoG x3
Crota's End x3
PoE x4 and then again x3.
Trials x3

It's just too much.

Top Bottom