• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Arrrammis

Hah. Waiting for a public event on Mars, with 6 other people. World goes dark, then "Eliminate the target". I turn around, and everyone is gone. Seems about right.

Hedge

Literally carry this random through the dust Palace strike. Never seen someone so useless.

He gets cloak and I don't :(

RNG is cruel. I got a void mantle. Dismantled it because Taniks cloak is awesome.
I've a friend who wanted it so badly.

Meanwhile.. no Alak Hul helmet for my titan.

Somebody should have Imprecation by now. There were people who reached rank 5 last week

Should have gone straight to that step. The first armsday wait is a total waste of time. Maybe even get you to do the Imprecation step then wait 2 armsdays. You get to rank 5 gunsmith and unlock a new quest, you're excited, do one step (which you already did before as a Hunter except you got a gun that time) and then the game tells you, "Slow down buddy, are your aware of this thing called armsday?"

realcZk

They have hidden buffs for drop rates according to my uncle who works at Bungie. Must pair with the right Speaker emblem.

lol i remember back in vanilla when people suspected that speaker emblems for sale had an affect on drop rates and stuff...

i totally fucking bought one

SheHateMe

Literally carry this random through the dust Palace strike. Never seen someone so useless.

Happened to me last night.

Random just moves ever so slightly so he doesn't get kicked, only to come in at the Flayers and get the Void cloak.

I JUST WANT A CLOAK, RNGESUS. JUST ONE. DON'T CARE ABOUT THE COLOR.

Mindlog

Add Etheric Light to the Nightfall rewards.
Remove Etheric Light from Prison of Elders.

Weapons infused with Etheric Light gain 3 Light levels.

Who says no?

HunRevan

I hate destinylfg... "MUST BE experienced, KNOW what you are doing. MUST have Touch of malice etc. etc etc." Raid can be done without all that. But no, kids don't care.

Who says no?

Make them gain 5 light levels and we have a deal

I hate destinylfg... "MUST BE experienced, KNOW what you are doing. MUST have Touch of malice etc. etc etc." Raid can be done without all that. But no, kids don't care.

I wanna try it out just to piss off people hehe.

"Sorry guys dunno why but ToM keeps killing me >_<"

noomi

Who says no?

YESSSS

Ugh, I want that damn cloak so badly.

Once I catch up in-game today, it's the next order of business.

Who says no?
I'm all for making Etheric Light useful but that seems a bit ridiculous. Most of GAF would be 310 x3 instantly. People have a lot of EL saved up.

Checking again since I only got one response last time:

Anyone interested in a NEWBIE Vault of Glass (Normal) run on Sunday? I'm going to lead it, explain all fights, and no cheese will be used. I've got a friend who's never raided at all and I want to show him that place. Everyone should come in expecting to wipe a few times. We haven't worked out a time yet, I'm just gauging interest. Suggestions welcome!

I've done the Vault of Glass many times, but a friend and I have just gotten back into Destiny with The Taken King, and he lost interest in OG Destiny before he was high enough level for raiding. We want to do King's Fall, but he wants to see the Vault of Glass first, and I don't mind revisiting it. We're also interested in doing Crota's End as both of us have never seen that either.

MechDX

Crappy hunter? Woah... You don't like your leaders? ;)

Hunters:
DC80976lg.jpg

Freaking marshmallows

I'm all for making Etheric Light useful but that seems a bit ridiculous. Most of GAF would be 310 x3 instantly. People have a lot of EL saved up.

So what?

Its not like players with massive stores of etheric light dont play enough to hit max anyways

I think its a decent idea

Zocano

I don't think they should have all quest lines available from the get go, because then the playerbase would exhaust everything within a week.

I also think the way they did it now was a bit too transparent. I think I would have liked a weekly roll out of certain content, like if those fusion relics only dropped after a certain amount of time.

Alternatively I would like if instead the beginning of the quest was just stupidly well hidden and intricate.

I need to do the darkblade strike to get my void and solar swords, how difficult is it to keep two of those guys around til the end at once? Or should I just do one at a time?
If anyone needs to do this, let me know. I'd prefer not to try this with randoms.

Socat

I don't think they should have all quest lines available from the get go, because then the playerbase would exhaust everything within a week.

I also think the way they did it now was a bit too transparent. I think I would have liked a weekly roll out of certain content, like if those fusion relics only dropped after a certain amount of time.

Alternatively I would like if instead the beginning of the quest was just stupidly well hidden and intricate.

Stupidly well hidden and intricate lasts about a week or two in the age of Reddit and places like DGAF

Hedge

I need to do the darkblade strike to get my void and solar swords, how difficult is it to keep two of those guys around til the end at once? Or should I just do one at a time?
If anyone needs to do this, let me know. I'd prefer not to try this with randoms.

I tried with randoms earlier. They ended up killing all three knights right away.

Zocano

A big problem right now is that quests can't incorporate really fun exploration because the world is so static and instanced. They can't change up the zones with interesting things to explore.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can we not do these SS quests in a fireteam? It says on the mission Single Player not Fireteams 1-3.

Zocano

Stupidly well hidden and intricate lasts about a week or two in the age of Reddit and places like DGAF

Sure but that doesn't make it any less fun or enjoyable.

Plus they need to include more silly and fun exploration but aren't able to because of how static the environments are.

Top Bottom