• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

kiguel182

King's Fall Full Raid - PS4

1. US-Frostburn
2. PSK_Box
3. Ronnoc_2313
4. RVArescue
5. kiguel182
6. MrCriminal

Starting at 10:45 AM EST (An hour from now)

Well, this was fun. Great group and the raid went well apart from all the platforming parts. Great stuff really.

Also, I really want to do this raid more but the thought of failing miserably at the platforming will haunt me for a while.

Let's just say that every raid group I'll be in will have to be very patient when it comes to the jumping parts. I will warn everyone ahead of time!

zewone

Agreed. I didn't even bother with the ghosts yesterday. It'll be a few weeks until the "mystery" is solved (aka un-gated by Bungie) so I'll worry about it later.

Man, I don't know about that. What if its a long time before Paradox is a daily again? It's not like something you can just choose to start if the 2nd part of the quest becomes available like when they flipped the switch today for the 2nd part of the SS quest.

Afrocious

I don't think they should have all quest lines available from the get go, because then the playerbase would exhaust everything within a week.

I also think the way they did it now was a bit too transparent. I think I would have liked a weekly roll out of certain content, like if those fusion relics only dropped after a certain amount of time.

Alternatively I would like if instead the beginning of the quest was just stupidly well hidden and intricate.

You bailed on us on Tuesday :( What happened?

Also I don't think it's a bad thing to have the whole quest line available. I think it should be piss long though.

Kyne

so I think in that interview with Jon,

•We should expect more frequent balance updates moving forward. *"Internally at the studio that's something the sandbox team is committed to. Being more regular with our updates."
•There was no intention to nerf hand cannons, or eliminate them from the meta.
•CR: Are shotguns overpowered? Jon: Yes.“That’s something we’re going to be looking at closely. Really soon, actually.”
•Trials of Osiris provided an immense amount of information when it came to the metagame and balance. The highly competitive game mode will continue be referenced when considering changes.
•There was a conscious effort to slow Time to Kill in the 2.0 balance patch.
•The higher amount of flinch is intentional: Jon sees flinch as a good tool for someone to keep a pesky sniper at bay at least for long enough to escape. “I’m happy with where it is, but it’s not perfect.”

the main take away (I hope) is that Handcannons will get buffed and shotguns will get nerfed.

sad that he didn't mention the TTK for pulse rifles..

Has anyone managed to get the warsat at skywatch? I've been here forever (twice) and have had about 10 taken forces and loads of enemies moving/urzok but no event. On the plus side I've managed to get 6/10 materials for the sword

I love that Bungie is mixing things up with secret dailies and other hidden missions, but it is infuriating to watch as someone who cant play everyday and has to watch these time sensitive activities pass by and everyone else getting the goodies while I twiddle my thumbs because of real life responsibilities.

This new mission today better not go away after tonight.

LTWood12

Happy Birthday LT! Hope you have a good one!

On another note, I'm pretty sure me and my GF are probably done so back to having more time for Destiny :/

EDIT: Ugh, not the best top of the page post except for LT's bday.

Aw man Dave i'm sorry to hear that. :(

WOOOOOOD. Happy Birthday! :D

Thanks Vaal. I guess I don't hate you now.

Happy Birthday LT!!

;)

Happy birthday LT. Hope you can get out of Vietnam soon.

Also, until anyone wants to get their exotic swords (I need Solar and Void), I'll be working on these armsmith guns.

Thanks Afro. Teaching me how to deal w/ balls in my face is the greatest gift you could have given me.

Lol that was pretty cool.

Also Happy Birthday LT! Are you going to be dropping a classic 90's RnB video to celebrate.

Ty

Before I head home from the office for sure.

Happy Birthday LT! 👏

Love you fig, thanks!

Not if Deo joins with his friend, sorry.
Ill keep you posted.

Also ConMan is the greatest webseries.

Destiny |OT34| The Day LT Turned CPT

Thanks Liquid, though I'm disappointed I didn't get a pic of your crazy ass Titan w/ the birthday wish.

So hard to keep up with all of these, so I apologize if i missed someone. but thanks to each and every one of you for being awesome.

Deku Tree

Omg I'm gonna be 40 rep away from gunsmith rank 5 on my main this week... I can't take it...

How far into the PvP quest chain do I have to go before I get some gunsmith rep?

(I am at the rift part where I need to defeat guardians while someone else is the runner.)

stb

Only reasons I can think why you shouldn't are:

1. If the team thinks DPS might be an issue
2. If anyone isn't too confident with finishing the platform jumping fast enough whilst torn between dimensions.

It seemed to in our case. We all died to the song.

ah fuck me i forgot to order armsday weapons.

It's a wipe if you kill the first without killing the second.

:{
That's the ONLY thing that matters. If you kill the first in one cycle, you MUST kill the second in one cycle. If you don't, you can essentially do whatever you want because if you do kill the second in one cycle, there's no way you won't kill the first one on the third cycle. If you don't kill the second in one cycle, there's no way you won't kill the second one on the fourth cycle.

I weirdly also don't think I have noticed any difference in the amount of damage done to either one? When the one that is going crazypants is going crazypants, she will bounce the relic holder way back (unlike the first who just takes the slam all nonchalant-like). That can result in a bit of a scramble to get in position. But the actual damage done felt about the same to me...

After you kill one, the other has to die the next round or you wipe.

I don't know either, weird when I'm in groups that could kill them twice over decide to take it slowly.

the Afrocious/Hawk/science answer is what I was after. Thanks, all.

Bizazedo

Omg I'm gonna be 40 rep away from gunsmith rank 5 on my main this week... I can't take it...

How far into the PvP quest chain do I have to go before I get some gunsmith rep?
The "kill 6 with x weapon" is second to last grouping. Have to complete all four for 500 rep.

chur

Has anyone managed to get the warsat at skywatch? I've been here forever (twice) and have had about 10 taken forces and loads of enemies moving/urzok but no event. On the plus side I've managed to get 6/10 materials for the sword
Mothyard worked for me. Skywatch was nothing but Taken, and enemies moving against each other for me.

E92 M3

so I think in that interview with Jon,

the main take away (I hope) is that Handcannons will get buffed and shotguns will get nerfed.

sad that he didn't mention the TTK for pulse rifles..

That was a great interview indeed. I am hoping that shotguns in PVE get a buff and another range nerf in PVP. That said, I know that after they are nerfed again in PVP, they will be useless.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks buddy. How'd the raid go last night? May try and get a run together tonight after me and the Mrs. do bday hangout.
It went great honestly. We crushed it :) No wipes on anything through Golgoroth, one wipe apiece at the Sisters and Oryx.

Love to raid with you tonight if you wind doing so.
Is the Armsday Fusion viable in PvP?

I'm killing it with my old Perruns and I haven't found a suitable replacement yet.

Hoping IB brings the fusion back so I can work on getting that.
The Omolon fusions are totally viable and have a bunch of configurations that can be fun and useful in the Crucible. Their base stability is amazing and while you need to aim low compared to many fusion they shoot a super predictable spread and can even hit from range. One with Rangefinder is likely to be particularly nasty, though I have one with Hot Swap and Life Support and it's among my favorite weapons in the game at the moment. They aren't of similar type to Perun's Fire though, even with accelerated coils.

The true successor to the Perun's Fire that I've encountered so far is, IMO, actually one of the ones that the FWC vendor is selling. NOT the Omolon one, but the more industrial looking one. Don't know what it's called off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it's sold with a super high charge rate and Accelerated Coils which should max it out, just like Perun's.

Happy Birthday LT! Hope you have a good one!

On another note, I'm pretty sure me and my GF are probably done so back to having more time for Destiny :/

EDIT: Ugh, not the best top of the page post except for LT's bday.
Sorry man :( Hang in there.

Playing on PS4 these last few weeks made quickly realize again why I don't play anything outside exclusive games on this system. The DS4 is comically bad for almost every genre.

Seriously you guys that play this game with it every day are god damn heroes in my book.

I love my DS4 that much that i'll even be using it for Halo 5. GOAT controller.

(I am at the rift part where I need to defeat guardians while someone else is the runner.)
You are really far.

Just got a 300 Down and Doubt with Luck in the chamber, Firefly and Extended Mag from a Vanguard package. I think I'll be keeping this one.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Aw man Dave i'm sorry to hear that. :(

Thanks Vaal. I guess I don't hate you now.

;)

Thanks Afro. Teaching me how to deal w/ balls in my face is the greatest gift you could have given me.

Before I head home from the office for sure.

Love you fig, thanks!

Thanks Liquid, though I'm disappointed I didn't get a pic of your crazy ass Titan w/ the birthday wish.

So hard to keep up with all of these, so I apologize if i missed someone. but thanks to each and every one of you for being awesome.
7TlLnyB.jpg

:)

Hedge

I can help you get yours if you can help me get my two other swords. Whoever makes a group/shoots me a FR first/whatever. I just want to get this done and waiting is for chumps.

PSN Afrodeeziyak

I was kicked from the other group for having no mic, I guess. I assume it's a requirement for coordination, so you're better off taking someone else.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, I don't know about that. What if its a long time before Paradox is a daily again? It's not like something you can just choose to start if the 2nd part of the quest becomes available like when they flipped the switch today for the 2nd part of the SS quest.

Certainly possible, but I would be pretty shocked if they'd make that quest required for something awesome and then not run it again for a long time. People would rage.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was kicked from the other group for having no mic, I guess. I assume it's a requirement for coordination, so you're better off taking someone else.

People from GAF kicked you out?

I'll help you with yours later when I get off work.

Well, this was fun. Great group and the raid went well apart from all the platforming parts. Great stuff really.

Also, I really want to do this raid more but the thought of failing miserably at the platforming will haunt me for a while.

Let's just say that every raid group I'll be in will have to be very patient when it comes to the jumping parts. I will warn everyone ahead of time!
Lol, I'm terrible at platforming too. I have a fear of heights, and crazily enough it's like I get anxiety on jumps as if it's real life sometimes. Silly I know. At my job I deal with heights all the time, but I deal well in spite of my fear. But ask me to jump platforms during the raid and I fall apart lol.

JayHayabusa

Mindlog and jayforone looking for a third for Sunless Cell

Mindlog needs Solar and Void and I need Arc :)

join on jayforone or Mindlog

Maybe we ll do two at a time so run 2 strikes to get all three

Any Xbox players looking to get some static group stuff going on? me and a few friends could really use some people to play with for Raids/NightFalls/PVP/etc.

Let me know..GT: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE

We are on frequently.

Top Bottom