• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So this tweet definitely makes it seem like you have to do the quest today or wait until it comes back around.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/651833248818049024

I'm not crazy about this 'have to do it today' stuff being applied to lots of things.

yyyeah, that's kind of shitty. Just looking at this thread, you see loads of people anxious because they're at work or whatever. That's not a good way for a game to make anyone feel. It's fine for the odd rare thing like the Spindle mission, but too much of that and every day becomes "Oh god is Bungie doing another one-day only thing I better get home in time to play!"

Also, from what I've seen about the warsat "wait times", by the time I'm able to start on this quest I might not even be able to finish it in time?

flkraven

Dat real life compatibility of 1 day only events with no prior warning that include mundane grinding during the work week with no idea when it will return next. Black Spindle, The Paradox daily, getting stuff done before armsday, and now this. Having a regular ass job, it's hard enough planning raid times etc.

Klyka

Banned
This is ONLY regarding the mission on the director btw. If you have done that,all steps following that mission can be done whenever, You don't have a timelimit for the farming and stuff.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Blergh. From Bungie's twitter:

If you've collected the items needed to unlock it, The First Firewall is in your Director today. If you haven't, it will return in time.

Really not loving this, only available one day, no predicting when, style of events.

I don't need to get stuff the first time it's available, but not knowing how long things will be available or when things will come back up makes it hard to plan.

Luke, how is this making Destiny real life compatible?

Ugh, Pirates playoff game and hockey season starts tonight...Guess I can sit waiting for warsats later while watching the games...This game sometimes, man.

LTWood12

This is the third Wednesday in a row we've had something like this. Last two were the Spindle. I'm guessing every Wednesday is going to be 'unique quest' day.

Blergh. From Bungie's twitter:

If you've collected the items needed to unlock it, The First Firewall is in your Director today. If you haven't, it will return in time.

Really not loving this, only available one day, no predicting when, style of events.

I don't need to get stuff the first time it's available, but not knowing how long things will be available or when things will come back up makes it hard to plan.

Is it just talking about The First Firewall and the proceeding quests? As in, as long as First Firewall is in your director it stays there?

Fucking bungie clarify.

flkraven

This is ONLY regarding the mission on the director btw. If you have done that,all steps following that mission can be done whenever, You don't have a timelimit for the farming and stuff.

Even if that's true, how can I feel safe not doing it all? I'm sure the next step will start soon enough, and if I don't have it done I'll probably have to wait another week+ like the armsday wait/

zewone

Raid gear drops so far:

Hunter

• Helm x 2
    Gloves x 2
    Chest x 1
    Boots x 2
    Class x 3
    Ghost x 0

Titan

• Helm x 0
    Gloves x 1
    Chest x 0
    Boots x 3
    Class x 1
    Ghost x 1

Warlock

• Helm x 1
    Gloves x 1
    Chest x 0
    Boots x 2
    Class x 1
    Ghost x 0

Ghost is going to be the death of me. One drop at 300 light.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Bungie's all like
Hq0gyo9.gif

Glad i did this first thing i got home. Had a feeling they would do something like this.

At least you only need to do the first quest, rest dont seem to be removed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dat real life compatibility of 1 day only events with no prior warning that include mundane grinding during the work week with no idea when it will return next. Black Spindle, The Paradox daily, getting stuff done before armsday, and now this. Having a regular ass job, it's hard enough planning raid times etc.

Was real life compatibility actually one of their selling points for Taken King? lmao

spyder_ur

So do you only have to do the mission part today and get the item? Or do you have to do every step of it today? It doesn't seem clear from that tweet. If it's just clearing the mission, no problem.

LTWood12

what time are you on for sword quest?

I'm not sure. Now I have to make sure and get this Simulant stuff done. When were you thinking? I may not be on until like 9 or 10 eastern. I'll just check in w/ you when we do it and if you've already gotten it done then no worries.

edit:
Yeah this DO IT NOW thing kind of sucks. W/ the Spindle I assumed it was a one-off, and it was kind of cool. Plus you actually GOT the reward for doing the unique thing on that day. Now I feel like i HAVE to go do this thing tonight, when I really was hoping to do a raid on my bday. Granted the quest sounds cool other than waiting for a fucking Mars Warsat.

skip

mars, today:

eliminate the target
eliminate the target
eliminate the target
eliminate the target
taken incursion, no public event
eliminate the target

just send me
the fucking
WARSAT

Tecnniqe

Banned
Slay Minions of the Dark 88%
Complete Heroic Strikes 4/10

I need to AFK more it seems.
Cheers for the runs Deo and Longest Strike EU friend

LiK

I'm not sure. Now I have to make sure and get this Simulant stuff done. When were you thinking? I may not be on until like 9 or 10 eastern. I'll just check in w/ you when we do it and if you've already gotten it done then no worries.

yea, kinda late. wanna get it before then. exotic sword would be useful for the Warsat farming too. if no one can help me by then, i'll wait for you.

PuMa

mars, today:

eliminate the target
eliminate the target
eliminate the target
eliminate the target
taken incursion, no public event
eliminate the target

just send me
the fucking
WARSAT

Sounds like you should team up with Ape.

So do you only have to do the mission part today and get the item? Or do you have to do every step of it today? It doesn't seem clear from that tweet. If it's just clearing the mission, no problem.

It's not clear at all.

It's implying that as long as you have 'The First Firewall' unlocked, you're good to go and that it'll stay there. That if you haven't collected the 4 items, that todays the only chance you have of unlocking it until later.

They need to clear this shit up, I don't wanna do the damn mission because Bungie is forcing me to do it today.

Raid gear drops so far:

Hunter

• Helm x 2
    Gloves x 2
    Chest x 1
    Boots x 2
    Class x 3
    Ghost x 0

Titan

• Helm x 0
    Gloves x 1
    Chest x 0
    Boots x 3
    Class x 1
    Ghost x 1

Warlock

• Helm x 1
    Gloves x 1
    Chest x 0
    Boots x 2
    Class x 1
    Ghost x 0

Ghost is going to be the death of me. One drop at 300 light.
Meanwhile I have 5 ghosts and one that is 310.

wtg RNG!

MrDaravon

Yeah I know. Starting to become unhappy with them tying events/items to specific days. I played for a bit earlier and I probably can't get back on tonight which is whatever to me at this point, but this is really shitty for a lot of people with much worse schedules than me, especially since these don't come on set days. Adding time constraints on top of some already bad grinds in the game is a dick move, there's a fine line between having compelling reasons for people to get on versus making them feel like shit when they can't.

yyyeah, that's kind of shitty. Just looking at this thread, you see loads of people anxious because they're at work or whatever. That's not a good way for a game to make anyone feel. It's fine for the odd rare thing like the Spindle mission, but too much of that and every day becomes "Oh god is Bungie doing another one-day only thing I better get home in time to play!"

making stuff daily is the new thing. makes people log in to play every day for something new. very smart Bungie.

You guys realize that this is the questline for an Exotic gun right? If they didn't do these types of hidden quest steps/one day availability things then the playerbase would become flooded with the stuff within a couple weeks easily. Especially since the community typically spreads the solutions to the puzzles quickly, so most people simply follow a guide.

This allows people the ability to make tangible progress towards the specific exotic if they want it (rather than waiting on RNG like Y1 Hawkmoon or Gjall) but prevents it flooding the game.

LiK

You guys realize that this is the questline for an Exotic gun right? If they didn't do these types of hidden quest steps/one day availability things then the playerbase would become flooded with the stuff within a couple weeks easily. Especially since the community typically spreads the solutions to the puzzles quickly, so most people simply follow a guide.

This allows people the ability to make tangible progress towards the specific exotic if they want it (rather than waiting on RNG like Y1 Hawkmoon or Gjall) but prevents it flooding the game.

sucks for people with jobs tho. :(

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah I know. Starting to become unhappy with them tying events/items to specific days. I played for a bit earlier and I probably can't get back on tonight which is whatever to me at this point, but this is really shitty for a lot of people with much worse schedules than me, especially since these don't come on set days. Adding time constraints on top of some already bad grinds in the game is a dick move, there's a fine line between having compelling reasons for people to get on versus making them feel like shit when they can't.

Should put it on a Saturday/over the weekend or something at least.
Better chance of people having a few hours.

Yeah but the whole exploration of the quests get spoiled for those at work, and you might miss it if you dont follow a guide. Kinda shitty but whatever.
Im used to MMO raid style so eh.

flkraven

Was real life compatibility actually one of their selling points for Taken King? lmao

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08272015/en/News/News?aid=13430

Daily Heroic/Daily PVP

It's important to us that Destiny remain compatible with real life. Playing multiple characters can sometimes feel like a job or a chore, the Daily Heroic and Daily PVP often felt that way. So we increased their rewards and made them an account completion. We want players to choose which characters they want to play on and earn Legendary Marks on.

Funny how they talk about the chore of doing daily quests etc, but now they make it feel even more mandatory and more pressing. Needs to be done today or bust until it rolls around again whenever.

Top Bottom