• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Lnkn52

Oh that's much better. I can handle that.

It's like any other hobby, but society still puts a stigma on videogames. I catch shit and my wife does too from friends for me spending time at night playing Destiny. Meanwhile other dads/husbands will leave their family all goddamn weekend to shoot ducks and drink. But that's more acceptable.

On the next episode of
grinds-my-gears_4486823.jpg

LiK

What do you want to do? Rift? I'd do that.

great, i'll be doing it after I do the sword and SS quest. hope you're on tonight. if not, i'll try randoms and see how badly I do, lol

Oh that's much better. I can handle that.

It's like any other hobby, but society still puts a stigma on videogames. I catch shit and my wife does too from friends for me spending time at night playing Destiny. Meanwhile other dads/husbands will leave their family all goddamn weekend to shoot ducks and drink. But that's more acceptable.

haha, good point.

Again, your feelings are valid. I'm not saying they're not.

But "Who cares if everyone gets all the exotics at once?" I'd guess Bungie does. Stuff like that causes multiple issues. It can make the content steamrollable (Gjall), it can lead to players running through the content immediately and stopping because "there's nothing to do," and the last and least important is that it causes the items to not feel unique or special which is a goal that Bungie has always been clear about achieving with Exotics.

I just don't see it as something to be all that upset about personally.

And whos fault was it that gjalla was OP? Whos fault is it that the player runs out of things to do? It certainly isnt the player themselves. Look at Diablo 3. Aside from being 5 years old, people still play it. Adventure mode really revitalized the game, and destiny needs something like that. Instead Bungies solution is to dripfeed content. Which is fucked. If someone wants to get all the exotics day 1, let them. Its Bungies fault if the end game content isnt worth doing after the fact, not the players.

Lee

Is there a fucking shortage on Warsats? C'mon Mars

Honestly, at this point, probably. Things have been falling every twenty minutes for over a year now, and now that Rasputin has to drop them out of orbit so people can open that bunker, they're probably running low.

Edit: Different planet. My bad. Still, the cabal have been driving their ships into all sorts of shit as of late.

rc213

great, i'll be doing it after I do the sword and SS quest. hope you're on tonight. if not, i'll try randoms and see how badly I do, lol

haha, good point.

The thing with Rift is sometimes i will get a group of people who know what to do. But you have that one guy that always grabs the spark and just runs out into the middle of the enemy team. Not that hard to hang back and let your team go ahead of you to help clear the way.

skip

four (!) more eliminate the targets

they are absolutely
(paranoia/persecution complex)
doing this on purpose today.

matmanx1

Is the Armsday Fusion viable in PvP?

I'm killing it with my old Perruns and I haven't found a suitable replacement yet.

Hoping IB brings the fusion back so I can work on getting that.

If you want one primarily for Crucible then you can't do much better than the one that Varik's sales in the reef. Servant of Aksor I believe it is.

Playing on PS4 these last few weeks made quickly realize again why I don't play anything outside exclusive games on this system. The DS4 is comically bad for almost every genre.

Seriously you guys that play this game with it every day are god damn heroes in my book.

I don't agree but I'm sorry it doesn't work for you! I think the DS4 is the best controller I have ever used.

The Hakke AR is the same one Unstable is using in the flawless Kings Fall run. I'm hoping it will roll with high stability perks.

Is it like "Dealbreaker" or is it like "Antipodal Hindsight'? Both of those are higher impact but quite different otherwise.

LiK

The thing with Rift is sometimes i will get a group of people who know what to do. But you have that one guy that always grabs the spark and just runs out into the middle of the enemy team. Not that hard to hang back and let your team go ahead of you to help clear the way.

I made that same mistake the first time I played. I hope to play with Gaffers so it's more coordinated.

rNilla

I think I can.

If they want to piece meal content to stretch it out as far as they can to keep people coming back, that's one thing.

But to piece meal it out and then put a limited time frame to complete a requirement is another.

Having Black Spindle be available any time you want to take the challenge (which at one point was very difficult) should be enough to earn you your exotic.

You shouldn't have to worry about a random day you're not able to play to even try the challenge.

OK sure but my original objection was basically that this event hasn't even ended yet. We don't know how it unfolds, how often it will return, how the other parts will become available, etc so to me it seems a bit premature to complain about its perceived availability. The sky has not yet fallen.

zewone

Is the Armsday Fusion viable in PvP?

I'm killing it with my old Perruns and I haven't found a suitable replacement yet.

Hoping IB brings the fusion back so I can work on getting that.

YUP!

The one today with Hot Swap, Accelerated Coils, and Rangefinder is beast mode.

Lnkn52

OK sure but my original objection was basically that this event hasn't even ended yet. We don't know how it unfolds, how often it will return, how the other parts will become available, etc so to me it seems a bit premature to complain about its perceived availability. The sky has not yet fallen.

But I'm okay having these type of conversations cause we know who lurks in the board here. And if the majority of the Destiny community has an issue on how this is being implemented to the game, Bungie will for sure revaluate.

rc213

I made that same mistake the first time I played. I hope to play with Gaffers so it's more coordinated.

I would love to see Rift in IB. IB Gaf trains are so much better than playing with randoms. Most of the time I would keep playing well after i hit rank 5.

pixxxelz

What's GAF consensus on the Does Not Bow AR? I really like the look of it but I don't know if its worth ascending.
Perks on mine are kinda shitty though, Replenish + Icarus.

LiK

I would love to see Rift in IB. IB Gaf trains are so much better than playing with randoms. Most of the time I would keep playing well after i hit rank 5.

so I'm reading that holding the spark will give me % for the quest right? I need to try this out.

zewone

Wait wat. You dont have a ghost but you got helms on each character?

I know that feel.

The worst part is that RNG from the raid is the only way to get a 310 ghost.

With exotic engrams so easily obtained, you have a good chance of getting a 310 helmet.

Same problem for the class item and boots.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Cheers back o/

How do you optain this Red Bull Elite - Quest?
redbullquest.svg

logoElite.gif

This epic, new quest is a never-before-seen, multi-stage mission in The Taken King Ho-Ho Edition that will test the speed and strategic abilities of Destiny players in new ways.
This content requires purchase of Red Bull at the Destiny Eververse Trading Company.

Receive your Quest from Amanda Holliday
She looks like --->
quest_amanda.png

On December 24, 2016

And whos fault was it that gjalla was OP? Whos fault is it that the player runs out of things to do? It certainly isnt the player themselves. Look at Diablo 3. Aside from being 5 years old, people still play it. Adventure mode really revitalized the game, and destiny needs something like that. Instead Bungies solution is to dripfeed content. Which is fucked. If someone wants to get all the exotics day 1, let them. Its Bungies fault if the end game content isnt worth doing after the fact, not the players.

Yeah, I just can't agree with your logic on this one. Given RNG I really don't think that Bungie can be blamed for not seeing an entire Raid team all having and using Gjall at once in the pre-launch test environment. It's simply not possible to see and test every possible permutation of a loadout like that. But once discovered they also have to deal with balance backlash when they nerf something.

Your Diablo example is odd too because Blizzard took a long time to get that in the sweet spot too. And they got a ton of flack for not having PvP, which was the most popular aspect of D2. And the whole RMAH situation.

As for replayability, that's on a player to player personal taste basis but there's nothing wrong with Bungie limiting a players ability to just rush through every piece of content, especially since what's gated is entirely optional and not at all imperative for actual progression.

Time gating is something you don't like. I get it. But it's not objectively bad at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So do you only have to do the mission part today and get the item? Or do you have to do every step of it today? It doesn't seem clear from that tweet. If it's just clearing the mission, no problem.
Hmmm. I have no idea how this tweet
lD1GbP7.png

could refer to anything other than "The First Firewall" mission. I'm sort of struggling to understand how it could mean anything else like the warsat stuff that comes after- seems like you could do that whenever, as it's just a quest that you will have open in your quest log after doing The First Firewall. Just the initial mission won't be in our Director every day.

hey friend, wanna do some Rift together tonight?
no one wants to play with me for TLW quest.
I'd love to, but I really want to get my Exotic Sword stuff done and I'm not sure how long it will take. With my luck it'll be 4 hours. Might be raiding later on as well. But I'll keep your offer in mind.

lt519

Finally, 11 eliminate targets...

I might be crazy but I kept leaving the targets alone on the moon and mars but the one time I did stay to kill them the warsat showed up next.

LiK

Hmmm. I have no idea how this tweet
lD1GbP7.png

could refer to anything other than "The First Firewall" mission. I'm sort of struggling to understand how it could mean anything else like the warsat stuff that comes after- seems like you could do that whenever, as it's just a quest that you will have open in your quest log after doing The First Firewall. Just the initial mission won't be in our Director every day.

I'd love to, but I really want to get my Exotic Sword stuff done and I'm not sure how long it will take. With my luck it'll be 4 hours. Might be raiding later on as well. But I'll keep your offer in mind.

are you up to final mission or still grinding the mats?

LTWood12

Raze lighter is best for pve and against a boss/major. It looks okay.

Dark drinker looks the best and is pretty good for clearing out adds.

Bolt caster is best for pvp but looks the worst >_<

WIll you be raiding soon?

Is bad at PvP. Chose Bolt caster first. PJSalt

So the Firewall mission is the only thing currently available that goes away temporarily after today? Everything (currently available) other than that initial part can be completed tomorrow?

KanameYuuki

Man, trying to find a group to raid while being less than 295 is really hard, I try as much as I can to get better gear but nothing wants to drop, and I know I could easily get above that range with any raid drop but I can't since I'm "too low". I feels like getting out of college and trying to find a job, but all of them required you to have experience to work, but you can't get it since they won't hire you all over again : (

zewone

Is bad at PvP. Chose Bolt caster first. PJSalt

So the Firewall mission is the only thing currently available that goes away temporarily after today? Everything (currently available) other than that initial part can be completed tomorrow?

I'd be wearying of not doing the other parts, especially the special Cayde's Stash mission any time other than today.

Yeah, I just can't agree with your logic on this one. Given RNG I really don't think that Bungie can be blamed for not seeing an entire Raid team all having and using Gjall at once in the pre-launch test environment. It's simply not possible to see and test every possible permutation of a loadout like that. But once discovered they also have to deal with balance backlash when they nerf something.

Your Diablo example is odd too because Blizzard took a long time to get that in the sweet spot too. And they got a ton of flack for not having PvP, which was the most popular aspect of D2. And the whole RMAH situation.

As for replayability, that's on a player to player personal taste basis but there's nothing wrong with Bungie limiting a players ability to just rush through every piece of content, especially since what's gated is entirely optional and not at all imperative for actual progression.

Time gating is something you don't like. I get it. But it's not objectively bad at all.

Time gating is arbitrary. Its objectively bad. Nobody is cheering that they only have a day to do something. Nobody is happy that they have to wait until theyre off work and then have only a couple hours to do something.

If Bungie was clear and upfront about this, maybe itd be better. But right now, Destiny is one of the very few games gating content in this bizzare way. It is not a good thing. For a loot game, they can do better.

Top Bottom