• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Man, trying to find a group to raid while being less than 295 is really hard, I try as much as I can to get better gear but nothing wants to drop, and I know I could easily get above that range with any raid drop but I can't since I'm "too low". I feels like getting out of college and trying to find a job, but all of them required you to have experience to work, but you can't get it since they won't hire you all over again : (

Where are you trying to find a raid group? As long as you're above 290 and have a good DPS weapon there are plenty of groups being made on GAF that will take you.

zewone

Man, trying to find a group to raid while being less than 295 is really hard, I try as much as I can to get better gear but nothing wants to drop, and I know I could easily get above that range with any raid drop but I can't since I'm "too low". I feels like getting out of college and trying to find a job, but all of them required you to have experience to work, but you can't get it since they won't hire you all over again : (

I see these posts all the time in these threads and I just don't get it.

Why not try and form a group here on GAF where people are much nicer and open minded?

I know a ton of people here who would be willing to raid with you.

deoee

redbullquest.svg

logoElite.gif

This epic, new quest is a never-before-seen, multi-stage mission in The Taken King Ho-Ho Edition that will test the speed and strategic abilities of Destiny players in new ways.
This content requires purchase of Red Bull at the Destiny Eververse Trading Company.

Receive your Quest from Amanda Holliday
She looks like --->
quest_amanda.png

On December 24, 2016

Lol niceu oneu!

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Please bring something good to the tower this week.

ha your the first person to make any sort of connection of my handle to Xur.

XIR was a stupid name I came up with in college for X.I.R. = Xir is Recursive

I am not one of the 9

squadr0n

Hmmm. I have no idea how this tweet
lD1GbP7.png

could refer to anything other than "The First Firewall" mission. I'm sort of struggling to understand how it could mean anything else like the warsat stuff that comes after- seems like you could do that whenever, as it's just a quest that you will have open in your quest log after doing The First Firewall. Just the initial mission won't be in our Director every day.

What Quest is this referring too? The Red Bull quest?

Rainmaker

Banned
And whos fault was it that gjalla was OP? Whos fault is it that the player runs out of things to do? It certainly isnt the player themselves. Look at Diablo 3. Aside from being 5 years old, people still play it. Adventure mode really revitalized the game, and destiny needs something like that. Instead Bungies solution is to dripfeed content. Which is fucked. If someone wants to get all the exotics day 1, let them. Its Bungies fault if the end game content isnt worth doing after the fact, not the players.

I'm 100% with this.

Bold One

Now do it 2 more times with your alts.

Hell naw!

please give me some advice. what modes did you play? I'm currently at 44%

I did rift and control, camp near the heavy weapons ammo crates, switch to TLW when its full and patiently rack up kills, unequip TLW when youre out of heavy, a lot of kills with the heavy will charge up your Super/ rack up more kills and then un-equip to prevent loss of progress. Rinse Repeat

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, what a bummer that this special mission is only available today and it's not even the daily. That's life I guess lol. I hope it will come back soon on a weekend day :) I would hate to wait until every 7th of a new month...

Time gating is arbitrary. Its objectively bad. Nobody is cheering that they only have a day to do something. Nobody is happy that they have to wait until theyre off work and then have only a couple hours to do something.

If Bungie was clear and upfront about this, maybe itd be better. But right now, Destiny is one of the very few games gating content in this bizzare way. It is not a good thing. For a loot game, they can do better.

RNG is arbitrary. Time gating for optional side content is not objectively bad, at all. And there are plenty of games that have easter eggs or optional content that require puzzles to be solved or specific times to be completed. Special events, holiday content, hell even once-ever-in-the-world events still happen in games.

Also.. I don't know why you still think Destiny is a loot game. It isn't anymore a loot game than any other game with Dungeons and Raids.

Frenden

Banned
I was on for a few hours this AM and no one was doing the exclusive mission. I really abhor doing story content/quests solo. If I don't catch someone on, I guess it'll have to wait until the next time it's around.

Eh. Kinda lame.

void666

Banned
Question about Sword Reforged/Sleepless Cell (very hard)

All i need to do is kill my own knight before the boss right?

So if three solar guardians are on a fireteam, we can off the other knights (arc and void) anytime? If one of us kills solar shielded knight, do other two get exitic sword?

Yes, you can kill the other knights as soon as they spawn. As far as i can tell you don't even need to kill your knight. As long as the boss dies within 30 seconds after your knight has been killed.

Korosenai

Still can't decide on suros dis, Apple of discord, or red death as my trials primary.

Also, I need a good heavy weapon bad. All I have is the smolder which is garbage.

Edit: and I'll be streaming trials when it launches for anyone who cares to watch.

LiK

Hell naw!

I did rift and control, camp near the heavy weapons ammo crates, switch to TLW when its full and patiently rack up kills, unequip TLW when youre out of heavy, a lot of kills with the heavy will charge up your Super/ rack up more kills and then un-equip to prevent loss of progress. Rinse Repeat

Aw man. Guess I'll try that.

Homeboyd

Still can't decide on suros dis, Apple of discord, or red death as my trials primary.

Also, I need a good heavy weapon bad. All I have is the smolder which is garbage.
"Hey guys, definitely buy this FWC RL tho"

*doesn't buy it himself*

RIPPERONI DONALD BALOGNA

Welp dhruv and I are bored, we can do it now if there are 3 more people interested. Need to be light level 9000, able to carry 5 people tho ;)
jk

kiguel182

I totally missed this Sleeper Stimulant stuff. I need a good way to know everything happening with Destiny daily. There's too much stuff going on!

KanameYuuki

Where are you trying to find a raid group? As long as you're above 290 and have a good DPS weapon there are plenty of groups being made on GAF that will take you.

I see these posts all the time in these threads and I just don't get it.

Why not try and form a group here on GAF where people are much nicer and open minded?

I know a ton of people here who would be willing to raid with you.

People here have always helped me with raid, I was trying to do it on some PS Communities / Bungie / Reddit without luck but it is just that every time I'm available to do it, it looks like no one here is going to raid lol.

I'll check in a few hours because I really need to get better gear for my 3 chars

RNG is arbitrary. Time gating for optional side content is not objectively bad, at all. And there are plenty of games that have easter eggs or optional content that require puzzles to be solved or specific times to be completed. Special events, holiday content, hell even once-ever-in-the-world events still happen in games.

Also.. I don't know why you still think Destiny is a loot game. It isn't anymore a loot game than any other game with Dungeons and Raids.

Destiny is a damn loot game. The pvp is broken beyond belief atm, so it definitely isnt a pvp focused game, and you do raids multiple times for the damn loot. As for holiday events happening, to take WoW, there is a huge heads up that its happening, and its usually for an extended time.

Trying to tell me Destiny isnt a loot game, this guy.

People here have always helped me with raid, I was trying to do it on some PS Communities / Bungie / Reddit without luck but it is just that every time I'm available to do it, it looks like no one here is going to raid lol.

I'll check in a few hours because I really need to get better gear for my 3 chars
See the bottom of the last page :p

Edit: never mind dhruv had to get going

Namikaze1

If I'm reading that tweet right, Bungie is saying that any who has got all the items to unlock the mission "The First Firewall" will see it in their director today. The items being the 4 DVALIN. I only found 3 on my Warlock and the mission does not show up in the director for her. It does for my Titan and Hunter because I found all 4 on them. If you don't have the items yet, the mission will pop up another time. That's all I'm getting from that. Nothing about the Warsat/heavy weapon/Archive steps after.

Also, can that red bull pic be place behind quote tags please? It was taking forever to scroll down to bottom of page because of it. I'm on mobile.

If you don't use Red Death, you could use Truth for Heavy.

Otherwise, I'm going with The Vertigo, a FWC RL with G&H, Javelin, Warhead Veniers and Speed Reload.

Primary, I'm hoping to get Ace of Spades before Trials. If I can't, Red Death will do.

Rahvar

That requires me to hit rank 3 with it when I'm still rank 0. I need to run vog and crota for motes.
I've gone up to Oryx on my warlock this week. Had to leave for time reasona. Would be happy to go on my 286 titan until Oryx and then switch to my 301 warlock

Edit: somehow quoted the wrong post....

Destiny is a damn loot game. The pvp is broken beyond belief atm, and you do raids multiple times for the damn loot. As for holiday events happening, to take WoW, there is a huge heads up that its happening, and its usually for an extended time.

Trying to te me Destiny isnt a loot game, this guy.

People do WoW raids for the loot too. WoW's a loot game now? A loot game is something like Diablo or Torchlight, which has bosses but the entire basis of the game is just killing massive amounts of stuff to get random items for weird builds. The objective in Destiny is to beat the raids for the sake of story. The raids give loot as a reward for accomplishing that. They even have actual quests with quest rewards in the game now. It's not a loot game.

People do WoW raids for the loot too. WoW's a loot game now? A loot game is something like Diablo or Torchlight, which has bosses but the entire basis of the game is just killing massive amounts of stuff to get random items for weird builds. The objective in Destiny is to beat the raids for the sake of story. The raids give loot as a reward for accomplishing that. They even have actual quests with quest rewards in the game now. It's not a loot game.

Eh, no.

LiK

If I'm reading that tweet right, Bungie is saying that any who has got all the items to unlock the mission "The First Firewall" will see it in their director today. The items being the 4 DVALIN. I only found 3 on my Warlock and the mission does not show up in the director for her. It does for my Titan and Hunter because I found all 4 on them. If you don't have the items yet, the mission will pop up another time. That's all I'm getting from that. Nothing about the Warsat/heavy weapon/Archive steps after.

Also, can that red bull pic be place behind quote tags please? It was taking forever to scroll down to bottom of page because of it.

Hey bro, wanna help me with exotic sword quest in 40 min?

Its a damn loot game. Thats the only reason people kept playing Vanilla, it definitely wasnt the captivating story quests they gave us.

Top Bottom