• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Trakan

I was on for a few hours this AM and no one was doing the exclusive mission. I really abhor doing story content/quests solo. If I don't catch someone on, I guess it'll have to wait until the next time it's around.

Eh. Kinda lame.

You'll have to do one part solo.

Born2Live

Oh boy Raze-Light is awesome. Can't wait to get my other two swords next week.

Today has been hectic. SS quest was enjoyable until the elusive Warsat on Mars after 3 hours of running public events. Got my first exotic sword and then repaid the deed by helping a fellow gaffer get theirs. Warlock is pretty much Raid ready at 297 light so hopefully I'll be able to find a group in the next couple of days to run with. Overall a pretty satisfying Destiny day.

Ty

DarKshodaN

People do WoW raids for the loot too. WoW's a loot game now? A loot game is something like Diablo or Torchlight, which has bosses but the entire basis of the game is just killing massive amounts of stuff to get random items for weird builds. The objective in Destiny is to beat the raids for the sake of story. The raids give loot as a reward for accomplishing that. They even have actual quests with quest rewards in the game now. It's not a loot game.

What? Not sure if serious

Rahvar

Welp dhruv and I are bored, we can do it now if there are 3 more people interested. Need to be light level 9000, able to carry 5 people tho ;)
jk

I've done up to Oryx on my main this week. Had to leave for time reasons. Would be happy to go on my 286 titan until Oryx and then switch back to my 301 lock

Rewatched that video of the sleeper and it looks neat, but I wouldn't choose it over the malice in the raid, nor would I choose it over truth during heavy round in trials, so I'm not seeing a reason to panic and ditch real life tonight to get on Destiny.

I'm falling behind, in that I don't have an exotic sword or the chaperone or rank 5 gunsmith or this, but I've got my touch of malice and spindle for the raid and my trials set-up is feeling pretty solid so what's the rush?

We've got months to collect these things

This is where I am. Sleeper isn't something I see squeezing its way into any of my loadout at this point so, meh. Not gonna go sit around waiting hours for warsats to drop to get it. I'll get it when I get it, if I bother at all. I'm not one of those gotta catch 'em all collectors though.

Its a damn loot game. Thats the only reason people kept playing Vanilla, it definitely wasnt the captivating story quests they gave us.

A lot of people kept playing because they enjoy the gameplay. And yes the story beats were lacking in Vanilla, that doesn't mean the game is a loot game. The fact that they went ahead and pushed forward and added more RPG systems is because the game is intended to be an FPS/RPG hybrid. A Psuedo-MMO at that.

If collecting tons of loot was the only thing necessary for a game to be "a loot game" then Skyrim, Fallout, and every MMORPG in existence are all "loot games."

MildSoss

please give me some advice. what modes did you play? I'm currently at 44%

Go into 6 vs 6 classic, Lik. All the new players are in there right now and its super easy pickings. I did it in two games without taking off TLW the whole time.

I want to give it a shot later today. Just a warning, I don't know anything about Kings Fall.

I've done up to Oryx on my main this week. Had to leave for time reasons. Would be happy to go on my 286 titan until Oryx and then switch back to my 301 lock

I can go with my Hunter or Titan.

Warlock is already at oryx tho.

I can run with my lock if there's space. Only done it once though.
So that's 5 of us...too lazy to make a list since I am on my phone right now so I just quoted the people that seem interested as of now..

KanameYuuki

Welp dhruv and I are bored, we can do it now if there are 3 more people interested. Need to be light level 9000, able to carry 5 people tho ;)
jk

lol that's pretty much the requirements for the other communities to do anything.

If we have enough I'm in, I was going to study something but fuck it haha.

Why does it have to be more public events. Cmon Bungie, waiting for them is boring. Worst game design aspect right behind Mat farming. CoO is a nice fix, let us "summon" them.

A lot of people kept playing because they enjoy the gameplay. And yes the story beats were lacking in Vanilla, that doesn't mean the game is a loot game. The fact that they went ahead and pushed forward and added more RPG systems is because the game is intended to be an FPS/RPG hybrid. A Psuedo-MMO at that.

If collecting tons of loot was the only thing necessary for a game to be "a loot game" then Skyrim, Fallout, and every MMORPG in existence are all "loot games."

The goal for a game like Skyrim is to play how you want to reach the ending.

The goal for Drstiny is to get bigger and better guns to shoot with. The story is inconsequential, a flavoring if you will. The story sets up the things you shoot in the end game activity. Bear with me, might be hard to follow, but you shoot these things, for loot.

....if what you were saying is true, the raid bosses wouldnt drop loot. But they do. Because this is a loot game.

BraXzy

I'm up to the mat farming section of my void exotic sword quest. I've never really farmed relic iron.. Where is the best area? I have keen scout on my Hunter.

kiguel182

Watching GiantBomb play the raid and Brad is not great at explaining stuff.

Also, I admit part of the reason I did the raid was to watch this after doing so.

Is this the gun that Unstable was using during the flawless raid? I got it from a gunsmith package today.

12112300_10204542849003257_3259570581440772256_n.jpg

Hot swap is bad, but glass half full isn't so bad, and it has two different stability perks. I'm wondering if it's worth leveling up.

BahamutPT

Anyone else need both Arc and Solar Swords? Looking for 1 to try and do both at once.

If you only need one of them you can join us too, just remember we're going for both.

I'm up to the mat farming section of my void exotic sword quest. I've never really farmed relic iron.. Where is the best area? I have keen scout on my Hunter.
I was having pretty good luck just circling the spawn area on Patrol. Bring a ghost that can sense relic iron. And remember, ADS with a sniper will point out relic iron from pretty far across the map.

Top Bottom