• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

there was no spot for the SS either

at least thats what I though. I count 5 but there is

- Thunderlord
- Truth
- 3 exotic swords

So i wouldnt trust the "slots"

I don't recall there being a slot for Black Spindle either. Also, I had no slot in my ship kiosk for the Spindle ship until I unlocked it, then I had a whole new "Strike" section.

Strider

Jumped on my titan to grab some crtucible bounties.

"Defeat 2 opposing guardians with a single Hammer of Sol activation"

Much hard.

Kyoufu

299 Sleeper Simulant with Shadowshot + Weapons of Light against the Shank boss did 28k precision damage per shot.

Need to try it on Warpriest and Golgoroth.

Found two exotic chest engrams on my Titan and thought, "eh, 310 Alpha Lupi would be nice." Decrypted both, 310 Alchemist's Raiment and 310 Hunter Alpha Lupi. Very funny game. First instance of me getting other class stuff and it happens twice in a row.

Not really mad about the Alchemist's though

Seriously. I hope the remaining exotics are a step up. Black Spindle is so far the best.

I honestly think the quest for this was fine. You have to understand that not everyone is on nGAF and not everyone is aware of Reddit. It would be unfair if they made something so complex/complicated that the only people with knowledge of these two areas can figure it out.

I think its fine in a sense that the average gamer can figure it out on their own if they aren't sure where to look. The BS wasn't that complex either, the only thing people wouldn't have figured out was that it needed to be the daily to trigger the secret door.

I was worried about the time gate but I can handle a 24hr wait.

I think people give too much credit to power of swords, especially Sol one. I so often see over confident people rushing at bosses with it to only get rolfstomped hard. What is point to deliver one large-ish strike if it results you being dead under the boss for next 30 seconds?
You can block and reduce damage tremendously as well. You can run up to most bosses and do tons of damage and not die if you know when to block. It's a lot like a modern action game.
On top of that, most subclasses have a way to get back their shield and health immediately either with their melee or by activating their super.
I personally run up to bosses and sword them, then if and when my health goes in the red I activate my stormcaller super and I get my health back as I back off. It's a good way to start a fight.

eagledare

Got the Ace of Spades last night after waiting a week to test just one measly field weapon to put me into rank three.

Gunna listen to some Motorhead while blasting fools in crucible.

RemiLP

So i just did that new "mission" that popped up with no explanation...

And now i got this thing that needs a passage code. Whats the deal? Whats the code? :p

So i just did that new "mission" that popped up with no explanation...

And now i got this thing that needs a passage code. Whats the deal? Whats the code? :p
Notice how weird those Knights and Taken Knights spawned? ;)
Beaten to the details

I'm available btw to do the Sleeper strike for those still needing to do a run.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Got the Ace of Spades last night after waiting a week to test just one measly field weapon to put me into rank three.

Gunna listen to some Motorhead while blasting fools in crucible.

It's more of a PVE weapon though. IMO
So don't get discouraged if it's not a beast in PVP.

oh god, need to finish the warsat part, but i will not be able to play today! and i still need the exotic sword quest, someone remember me why we need to work?

zewone

I honestly think the quest for this was fine. You have to understand that not everyone is on nGAF and not everyone is aware of Reddit. It would be unfair if they made something so complex/complicated that the only people with knowledge of these two areas can figure it out.

I think its fine in a sense that the average gamer can figure it out on their own if they aren't sure where to look. The BS wasn't that complex either, the only thing people wouldn't have figured out was that it needed to be the daily to trigger the secret door.

I was worried about the time gate but I can handle a 24hr wait.

You think the average gamer would have figured out the code needed was the order of the knights spawning in?

No way. They'd have to use the internet which goes against your theory.

I got the 1000 Yard Stare from a legendary engram last night. The roll was decent, I guess. It has explosive rounds, which sounds nice. I'm not sure I want to use it over my Omolon. They're both 294.

flkraven

You think the average gamer would have figured out the code needed was the order of the knights spawning in?

No way. They'd have to use the internet which goes against your theory.

It was pretty obvious really. The way the knights spawn in was VERY peculiar, and they just stood there until all of them appeared. The average person would have probably had to rerun the mission once they realized a code was needed.

zewone

It's hilarious to think there are people who don't acknowledge the Solar Exotic Sword as the best sword.

It's easily the lamest of the 3.

It only does single target damage. The void sword can match the same damage while also being an aoe which gives you damage resistance and kills mobs all around you.

Arc sword is a ton of fun in PVP.

I can't see a place where the solar sword excels at.

LiK

It's hilarious to think there are people who think the Solar Exotic Sword is the best sword. Keep scrubbin'.

Solar is BEST

It's easily the lamest of the 3.

It only does single target damage. The void sword can match the same damage while also being an aoe which gives you damage resistance and kills mobs all around you.

Arc sword is a ton of fun in PVP.

I can't see a place where the solar sword excels at.

melts Majors and Ultras pretty quick.

zewone

It was pretty obvious really. The way the knights spawn in was VERY peculiar, and they just stood there until all of them appeared. The average person would have probably had to rerun the mission once they realized a code was needed.
The mission that's only available for one day. You think it would have hit them in their daily window of playing time (lets say average of 1 to 3 hours for the normal person a day).

Yeah, I'm not buying that.

Dave_6

Thanks to my awesome raid crew (stb, Haybro, Grip, captscience, spyder and Verde) for helping me get my first Oryx kill last night! Did it on our second attempt I believe and I was close to being drunk so that made it even better lol. Loot drops were shit except for the 305 ghost (have only gotten two pair of boots and the auto rifle).

Did get my exotic Arc sword too and holy shit is that thing awesome! Nothing cooler than tethering a big trash mob and hitting them with that Arc blast :O

Also got all the warsats done last night so the SS will be mine tonight once I get home.

Top Bottom