• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Kyoufu

It's easily the lamest of the 3.

It only does single target damage. The void sword can match the same damage while also being an aoe which gives you damage resistance and kills mobs all around you.

Arc sword is a ton of fun in PVP.

I can't see a place where the solar sword excels at.

Solar is a captain killer but then again the Void sword does the same thing + AoE like you said.

I said it before and I'll say it again, in PVE, the Void sword is the best.

hiryu

I cant see myself every transforming my sword into an exotic personally...

For me, the sword is used to clear medium to heavy adds...

HMG/RL/SS are used for boss tier individuals that can one hit/stomp.

You don't lose your legendary sword when you get the exotic. You get both.

flkraven

The mission that's only available for one day. You think it would have hit them in their daily window of playing time (lets say average of 1 to 3 hours for the normal person a day).

Yeah, I'm not buying that.

Right after you do the mission you have the thing in your inventory and no one to give it to. You select it, and it tells you to input a code. The code isn't a set of numbers, but symbols. As with every puzzle, not everyone would get it, but I think more people than you think could have solved it.

Khanage

It's easily the lamest of the 3.

It only does single target damage. The void sword can match the same damage while also being an aoe which gives you damage resistance and kills mobs all around you.

Arc sword is a ton of fun in PVP.

I can't see a place where the solar sword excels at.

R2 attacking airborne enemies.

stb

Thanks to my awesome raid crew for helping me get my first Oryx kill last night! Did it on our second attempt I believe and I was close to being drunk so that made it even better lol. Loot drops were shit except for the 305 ghost (have only gotten two pair of boots and the auto rifle).

Did get my exotic Arc sword too and holy shit is that thing awesome! Nothing cooler than tethering a trash mob and hitting them with that Arc blast :O

We would have completed it on Tuesday, but once we start making silly mistakes we should just know to quit. When we're loose, everything flows nicely.

I don't wanna hear about shitty loot drops! I used 20 shards and only got 2 shards and a worse version of the shotgun than I already had. Poor GRIP only got shards and wormspore. =)

Glad you guys got your swords. I really need to work on quests. =(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You think the average gamer would have figured out the code needed was the order of the knights spawning in?

No way. They'd have to use the internet which goes against your theory.

I think if the average person would have gone into that mission with the Knights spawning in with a full fireteam they may have noticed that the order they appeared was different for each round.
But they would have had to have been very patient to have done this mission a second or third time to watch and write down the order.

I noticed the order was different and thought it was odd. But I was rarely standing at the front of them to see the order properly and I was trying not to die. :)

I think this is a situation where Bungie trusted the community to figure stuff out and support each other.

You think the average gamer would have figured out the code needed was the order of the knights spawning in?

No way. They'd have to use the internet which goes against your theory.

But if it was anymore complex, would they have been able to figure anything out? For example, if an exotic was hidden in the basketball room on the raid, how many people would have even known about it?

Compare to this quest, if someone is stuck on the codes, they can look it up. The quest at least tells them that the progression is leading them somewhere. Anyone who hasn't been on nGAF or r/DTG is going to know jack about the basketball room in the raid.

Unpopular opinion, maybe, but I think this quest was fine.

Daemul

I've been soloing the Tier 3 CoO today to get rid of the ridiculous amount of Antiquated Runes I have gotten from the Raid, and I swear to God, if I get the Dredgen Yor's Rose artifact one more fucking time....

via reddit.

As funny as this is, this isn't correct. 7th Column is the collective name that the Bungie Community has gone by since the old days, that's what the medal is referencing.

zewone

Right after you do the mission you have the thing in your inventory and no one you give it to. You select it, and it tells you to input a code. The code isn't a set of numbers, but symbols. As with every puzzle, not everyone would get it, but I think more people than you think could have solved it.

Please see:

So i just did that new "mission" that popped up with no explanation...

And now i got this thing that needs a passage code. Whats the deal? Whats the code? :p

Yeah, I'm not buying it. The code was the only cool part of the quest because it was different. Everything else was lame.

SkylineRKR

So I guess the Simulant is either a piece of shit or very situational? Slow charge, can easily miss target, ricochet as functional as HL. I guess its good against stationary targets and you get more shots than with a rocket launcher (+ more damage probably).

I got a legendary FR from the Gunsmith yesterday, and that one is actually awesome.

flkraven

Please see:

Yeah, I'm not buying it. The code was the only cool part of the quest because it was different. Everything else was lame.

It's always simple to just ask / google it. Someone on GAF isn't a good sample, since it's so easy to just type 'what's the deal with blah'. It really wouldn't be that bad for someone going in blind.

You don't lose your legendary.

I just mean i'd never use my exotic weapon slot for a sword personally. 90% of the time i'd be using a exotic primary... 10% a special. Legendary sword/rocket/hmg for heavy 100% of the time. (depending on how good SS turns out to be fully upgraded)

zewone

I think this is a situation where Bungie trusted the community to figure stuff out and support each other.

That I agree with. My argument was that he was defending the quest for being overly simple because it was for people who don't use the internet.

My stance is that the average person or someone who refuses to use the internet would have had a hard time figuring out that passcode in their gaming time frame when the mission is only available for one day.

Dave_6

We would have completed it on Tuesday, but once we start making silly mistakes we should just know to quit. When we're loose, everything flows nicely.

I don't wanna hear about shitty loot drops! I used 20 shards and only got 2 shards and a worse version of the shotgun than I already had. Poor GRIP only got shards and wormspore. =)

Glad you guys got your swords. I really need to work on quests. =(

I still haven't grasped the Oryx encounter a 100% so I was just trying to stay alive and do any DPS or add clearing when I could. Grip can't really complain with the RNG luck he's had with this expansion! ;)

GutZ31

That's fine, but don't compare it to the other two when you've never even used them.

Special attack wise, the Arc Edge is the weakest.
Next up would be Dark Drinker, with a huge attack boost.
And finally, the highest DPS is Raze Lighter, but only slightly more than Dark Drinker, without the Area of Effect benefits.

stb

I still haven't grasped the Oryx encounter a 100% so I was just trying to stay alive and do any DPS or add clearing when I could. Grip can't really complain with the RNG luck he's had with this expansion! ;)

There's a lot going on, for sure. It wasn't until this week (my 3rd clear, I think) that I feel "comfortable" with it. I still sometimes forget if we're on "bombs" or "shade". You've been killing it in the raid, especially considering you've spent 1/3 as much time in it as the rest of us.

Trickster

So I guess the Simulant is either a piece of shit or very situational? Slow charge, can easily miss target, ricochet as functional as HL. I guess its good against stationary targets and you get more shots than with a rocket launcher (+ more damage probably).

I got a legendary FR from the Gunsmith yesterday, and that one is actually awesome.

I feel like people are being way too harsh on SS. It's definitely not a piece of shit by any means.

The only thing holding it back is probably ammo count, and whether it's worth using SS over something good exotics from the primary and special slot. Though that last bit probably comes to several factors.

I could imagine SS being very strong in the hardmode raid though.

Really? Thats the only other exotic I've been trying to get.

why? I've litterally not bothered using it ever since getting my 1000 yard stare several weeks ago.

Dave_6

There's a lot going on, for sure. It wasn't until this week (my 3rd clear, I think) that I feel "comfortable" with it. I still sometimes forget if we're on "bombs" or "shade". You've been killing it in the raid, especially considering you've spent 1/3 as much time in it as the rest of us.

It really helps me out when you are all very good and thorough when explaining the mechanics. I feel like I have done pretty well since I've only cleared it once.

Anyone interested in a quick Oryx kill in about 15 minutes? I'm not a jumper, so experience would be nice. I want to be done with my hunter and go back to getting my titan ready for PvP.

SkylineRKR

I think Hereafter is useless. There is Yard Stare and Spindle. Perhaps its good for PvP, but Yard is so too.

I used mine for infusion fodder. Its sort of the Patience of Time of TTK, but probably less useful.

Trickster

I feel like it's an exotic people will come to appreciate in time. Blinding groups of enemies is actually pretty powerful. Maybe it'll have use in hardmode.

The blinding is pretty unreliable. There's several requirements for it to go off.

1. gotta kill an enemy
2. gotta be a precision kill
3. still only a chance itll proc after 1 and 2.

why? I've litterally not bothered using it ever since getting my 1000 yard stare several weeks ago.

Probably cause it sounds cool, so I figured it had some good use. I've never seen too many of them so I don't know how useful that blinding perk is.

I... take it its not too good?

Trickster

Probably cause it sounds cool, so I figured it had some good use. I've never seen too many of them so I don't know how useful that blinding perk is.

I... take it its not too good?

I think it's hot trash honestly.

You'd be way better off getting a 1000 yard stare and using an exotic in one of your other weapon slots imo.

Or if you want a good exotic sniper ( for pve at least ), get the Spindle, thing is a beast.

I think Hereafter is useless. There is Yard Stare and Spindle. Perhaps its good for PvP, but Yard is so too.

I used mine for infusion fodder. Its sort of the Patience of Time of TTK, but probably less useful.

Hereafter is probably the best PvP sniper available (until the IB one drops) Snapshot and an Aim Assist of 75 makes it a headshot machine

Top Bottom