• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

It's not pretty awful though. It's not ballerhorn, no, nothing is, but it's not no land beyond either.

That'd be perfectly fine if the gun wasn't hyped up to essentially be the next ballerhorn. With the amount of hype the gun received you'd think it'd be much better than it actually is.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
>Gets the Sleeper Simulant
>Finds out it only has a 290 rating
>Hears it's pretty awful

Pretty much the story of of the last hour for me. Bungie and it's pointless hype.

Yeah it's not the best, but if you can't find a good rocket launcher (which seems to be the case, though now Truth seems pretty fucking good again) you get Rocket Launcher damage (even more?) and pinpoint accuracy as opposed to the rocket velocity and how good tracking is, so more dedicated hard damage, but yeah, the perks are eh, but it has a small niche, unless I'm missing something.

I've become a sword guy myself, and machine guns when i have to use another exotic, though a quick rocket is good for an errant ogre in Oryx

Man always a few hours too late for me. :(

I like playing with you though.

Thats if my boss leaves on fkn time today, when she stays late I have to stay late when she leaves on time, I get to . Its such a BS thing man. I hate the corporate world more than anything.

I feel like Triple Tap is good for designated add clearing from a distance. It's also nice for steady boss dps. I know people prefer burst dps on bosses but I find it useful for a playstyle where I'll concentrate on adds to give the rest of the Fireteam less hinderance on the boss, and then DPS the boss between add phases. So, basically PUG Strikes where hardly anyone cleans up adds.

recks

That's what I've found so far as well. But it's just so ugly :(

Which perk though? I got Life Support and it has saved my life, but it doesn't proc as often as I would like, and I know Danger Close is hot garbage. Is Firefly THE perk to get on this gun?
Not everything on life is pretty :p
I think Life Support is the best perk to get, but Firefly is good too.

I think it's good on a PvE sniper, for bosses and ogres and burns and stuff. I can't think of a competing perk that would be increase DPS on a sniper more than that one.
Yeah, it's good on Snipers and that's pretty much it, but there's no point on using a Triple Tap Sniper if you have the Black Spindle imo.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That'd be perfectly fine if the gun wasn't hyped up to essentially be the next ballerhorn. With the amount of hype the gun received you'd think it'd be much better than it actually is.

Nothing could match the hype, haha. You'd think it'd bring down planets by itself with the way people were going crazy over it.

The Sleeper Simulant is an exotic that shoots a big laser. It's a Fusion Rifle in the heavy weapon slot.

The Sleeper Simulant is called so because BY THE TIME YOU SHOOT THIS THING YOU'RE KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT.

Hmm, today is gonna be a light Destiny day. Feels good to get most of the big stuff done early in the week. Might play some strikes, might play some PvP, might not play anything at all. Need to turn my core thing in to the gunsmith, but that's all I really need to do today.

The joys of only having one character.

LiK

shit, Nami is playing Star Wars. I can't ask him for help with SS strike :(

The PvP requirements for the Crucible quest are just out of line!

yea, it's horrible. I play PVP for fun, not try and not suffer through their terrible objectives.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I like playing with you though.

Thats if my boss leaves on fkn time today, when she stays late I have to stay late when she leaves on time, I get to . Its such a BS thing man. I hate the corporate world more than anything.

I could possibly play but can't use a mic since its past midnight.

Nah its the same as the rest of the class exclusive stuff. Kill with telemetry then dismantle a few items in the same class.

No, thank god.

PVP requirements for quests is straight garbo

Thats great to know. Only rank 1 on my Warlock but it's something for me to do over the next few weeks.

Do we know what exotic the Titan gets?

I have a feeling that a Tlaloc nerf will eventually come when enough people have it and then people start whining about it in the Crucible. It's damn good.

Other than waiting for 135 years for warsats to appear, the SS gun was fairly easily obtainable compared to the other exotic quests. You just had to be active yesterday.

yea, it's horrible. I play PVP for fun, not try and not suffer through their terrible objectives.

Star Wars is life. Beta is pretty fun. I can help you with the strike in like 20 mins if you want.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Strike has matchmaking. It's not that hard so easy to do with randoms.

WipedOut

I have a feeling that a Tlaloc nerf will eventually come when enough people have it and then people start whining about it in the Crucible. It's damn good.

I leveled it up last night and holy shit it's fantastic. Makes you not want to use your super. Is it me or does it fire faster than the dead shot luna?

Silvard

Yeah, it's good on Snipers and that's pretty much it, but there's no point on using a Triple Tap Sniper if you have the Black Spindle imo.

Well, if you're using Touch of Malice on Oryx and you want to snipe the ogres, I guess it's useful there. Or if you just doing PvE with another primary exotic.

Unflinching doesn't do much for me. Outlaw or bust!

This thing is a beast:

QSUTUHJ.png

Mine has guerilla warfare, casket mag, and hidden hand. I have shortgaze and ambush as sight options, using ambush now to offset the loss of stability from casket mag. That extra bullet in the clip comes in handy!

ulCm5AS.png

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I love Giant Bomb. I really do.

But I think they need to stop talking about Destiny.
I feel so bad for anyone that is on the fence with Destiny and is a Giant Bomb listener.
They talk with a lot of confidence but they know less about this game than my 9 year old son.

Listening to them talk about Destiny makes me question every other opinion they have shared about every other game they have ever talked about.

E92 M3

I feel so bad for anyone that is on the fence with Destiny and is a Giant Bomb listener.
They talk with a lot of confidence but they know less about this game than my 9 year old son.

Listening to them talk about Destiny makes me question every other opinion they have shared about every other game they have ever talked about.

I actually enjoy their conversations lol

PuMa

That's what I figured. Those perks that require enemies to be around you are typically pretty mediocre.

The problem is that its signature perk (Front Lines) is almost unnoticeable. It's not worth an exotic slot because of that. Other than that, it's a pretty solid gun though.

They're talking about it from a casual perspective. I listen to them and have listened to all their Destiny talks, and they're not wrong in alot of things.

Top Bottom