• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

My Warlock needs a legendary helmet. Gets a legendary helmet engram, a legendary gauntlet engram and a rare gauntlet engram.

The two gauntlet engrams decrypt into legendaries.

The helmet engram decrypts into an artifact.

Black Spindle was cool because there was a tough (at the time) challenge to earn it.

Also, the Black Hammer dismantling into a map/clue to it is awesome.

BfJXppP.jpg

Yeah. That was a good example. Even if you knew how to get it, the actual act of getting it was challenging. Making it a daily makes it even more frantic of a challenge. The Sleeper Simulant? That's just annoying. No heads up, not challenging, alot of waiting in patrols for it.

Do more things like Black Spindle. Make Grimoire important to good weapons, don't be afraid to put clues.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My Warlock needs a legendary helmet. Gets a legendary helmet engram, a legendary gauntlet engram and a rare gauntlet engram.

The two gauntlet engrams decrypt into legendaries.

The helmet engram decrypts into an artifact.

I've yet to see a legendary helmet engram drop. The one I bought from the Cryptarch turned into an artifact.

Lol. Lighthouse's group that ran HM Crota and HM VoG earlier. Got to the post master and had a Crux of Crota waiting. Wooo! My last year 1 exotic finally got.

BahamutPT

Not sure if I should sacrifice 5 sniper rounds on my Black Spindle to get Tier 5 Intellect... I think I can live better with a 20 second longer Super wait than less Sniper Ammo.

Shito

Yup. Spindle was found in what, 2-3 hours max? The ghost was stumbled upon accidentally in the VoG quest? I mean....it's not a real mystery once it happens. Sure there's the mysteries of the one person with the Twilight Gap chest piece, but everything is revealed pretty fast. If Bungie really wanted to make a mystery that takes intelligence to solve, they would be putting clues into grimoire cards, making very very hidden objects in the world, maybe even adding timed things that only happen on certain times of the day. Small things like above, jumping through hoops in a certain order. Make it obfuscated, make it dense, don't be afraid to have this extremely hard 'fuck you' to the community that won't be completed by everyone even when they know the answer.
I'm pretty sure the Black Spindle mission appeared at least once as the daily before it was found.

BahamutPT

Daemul

"This time last year, the Live Team at Bungie was a rag-tag band of about four developers who were scrambling to teach the Cryptarch and the Mythoclast some manners."

That explains a lot.

LOL! At the time we actually joked about there only being like 4 people on the Bungie live team, turns out we were right
KuGsj.gif

With the deployment of Update 2.0.1, we will wholesale remove the Shot Package perk from all Shotguns. Any shotgun with Shot Package (depending on the exact weapon) will now have Close and/or Personal, Crowd Control, or Knee Pads. This change has not negatively impacted our PVE playtests.

Well then.

Zocano

LOL! At the time we actually joked about there only being like 4 people on the Bungie live team, turns out we were right
KuGsj.gif

This was pretty obvious and makes it pretty understandable why we didn't get good turn around times on glitches and balance patches.

its obvious theres more to this sleeper exotic if you read the info it says phase one complete but the second is incomplete

That "second phase" is pushing back (or defeating) The Darkness. That's what MIDNIGHT EXIGENT is code for. Read the lore, yo.

Top Bottom