• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
Wow so I can't play strikes at all on my wifi connection at home, disconnects me every couple of minutes with a baboon or elk error. Total bullshit seeing as I play all my other games over Wifi just fine with a ping lower than 100 on PC.

Edit: or crucible, just kicked me less than a minute into the match. WTF PSN/BUNGIE?!

Deku Tree

Actually, I think some developers are worse than others -- Bungie had always thought their way or the highway. Individually, the studio has some really cool and talented people, but group think is prevalent. Also, they are so big now that one side might not know what the other is doing until the last minute or a company meeting. On the podcast, they talked about how different divisions showed of their own part of game. Visions clash and that's why some parts of Destiny feel disjointed.

I think everyone loves the raid and would want Bungie to just fix the glitches and loot distribution, but other than that everyone was happy. I'd even say the raid is what's keeping us a lot of us core guys around (at least I know it does for me).

I guess the raid is what is keeping me around too. I also like doing the regular daily and weekly stuff, and getting maxed out on vanguard marks each week.

But I still haven't gotten in a group where all of us were good enough together to beat the hard raid. I was almost always one of the last to die but that doesn't really matter if you don't have a whole group like that...

BraXzy

The scout rifle is gdlk in PVP. Played my first match after the patch and wrecked shop with it. Me liked.

They are certainly viable now.. but almost every map is fairly close range, and you never see people run through areas with long sight lines since everyone just runs to choke points so on most maps auto rifles are still better.

It's not the weapon that is the problem, it's the maps.

They are certainly viable now.. but almost every map is fairly close range, and you never see people run through areas with long sight lines since everyone just runs to choke points so on most maps auto rifles are still better.

It's not the weapon that is the problem, it's the maps.

yuuup

Only not ginormous map with good site lines is Shores of Time. Rusted Lands kind of but not really.

Scout + Invective is that combo

Wow so I can't play strikes at all on my wifi connection at home, disconnects me every couple of minutes with a baboon or elk error. Total bullshit seeing as I play all my other games over Wifi just fine with a ping lower than 100 on PC.

Edit: or crucible, just kicked me less than a minute into the match. WTF PSN/BUNGIE?!

I had this EXACT problem. It's was so annoying to even play the game. I got one of the electric outlet wifi adapters that converts it to a wired connection and havent had a problem since. It's something like this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LGNJO6Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This will change your life!

I couldn't find the exact one I got but it wasn't more than $40 and I have a faster connection too.

BraXzy

yuuup

Only not ginormous map with good site lines is Shores of Time. Rusted Lands kind of but not really.

Scout + Invective is that combo

Yup pretty much. Outside of making scouts OP I don't think they will ever outclass auto rifles by design.

Si, mister Shovele Knighte

Well I just truly have no luck in this game. Leg piece is the only green I have left on my Warlock and 15 green engrams later, still no better off.

Another question, do faction emblems give a 10% rep boost like the IB ones did? I'm trying to grind my New Monarchy to rank 2 so I can actually gear up my Warlock for raid/nightfall but it's slow goings.

TP-DK

Great. In the heat of battle I accidentaly dismantled My legendary fusion rifle. Killing 200 in nightfall is gonna be a bitch now.

Man, Bungie needs to punish leavers in the Crucible somehow. Especially in the 3v3 gametypes where if someone leaves you're likely screwed. Just had 3 games in a row where someone left and ended up just getting crushed because of it.

ocean

Banned
Number-crunching GAF:

For the normal Raid, how noticeable are the attack upgrades on weapons? Since mobs are level 26 and this game likes capping damage and armor in weird, often unexplained ways, will taking Attack all the way to 300 make a difference? I know it definitely does in Hard Mode where they're all level 30.

BraXzy

God, this game is like the most isolating online experience I've ever been a part of when I don't have any friends online. I still can't comprehend the choice to not include general chat. Screw the random trolls, I can mute them. I may as well be playing against bots.

Whenever you want but you'll only get one set of raid drops per week - one set for medium, one set for hard.

I posted earlier somehow my Found Verdict shotgun is gone. Is this something that is a fairly common drop? All of us got it. I guess I need to wait until Tuesday though for drops again.

Does anyone have the hard raid checkpoint at Atheon? Looking to cheese it while we still can, my friend can knock atheon off the ledge in less than 10 minutes usually. If anyone has the checkpoint, add me on PSN and you can get in on the cheese..

PSN: Badsyntaxx

EL CUCO

I'm enjoying speed running through the story missions while humming the music, with my alt.

Destiny has one of my favorite OST's.

Raxus

Sorry Puma and pals. Atheon is at your fingertips you just gotta clean things up a bit outside. All in all not bad considering it was a run with 2 26 people.

Jito

Banned
I had this EXACT problem. It's was so annoying to even play the game. I got one of the electric outlet wifi adapters that converts it to a wired connection and havent had a problem since. It's something like this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LGNJO6Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This will change your life!

I couldn't find the exact one I got but it wasn't more than $40 and I have a faster connection too.

Hey thanks for the tip, at the moment I'm having to resort to unplugging the Wifi on my PC when I play a strike or any crucible. Might have to pick this up or just resort to using a cable for my PC or PS4.

forrest

formerly nacire
So my PS3 is officially dying. Incredibly bad graphical artifacting after short play sessions instead of longer ones and the Atheon room keeps hard locking my PS3 making it unable to even be done at this point. :( I was able to do it on my main as the group I was in cheesed it, but trying to legitimately do it on my alt ends in me ultimately having to leave the group as I continue to crash over an over again. So frustrating after doing the other parts of the raid.

Anyone willing to share an Atheon cheese normal/hard so I don't miss loot this week on my alt it would be greatly appreciated. Probably gonna bite the bullet and join PS4 DestinyGAF next week.

I should save some screens to show you guys some of the bs I've put up with getting my hunter to 28. The pvp portion of legendary bounties when your scope is glitched with opaque geometry was particularly awesome! Or a wall of geometry just jutting out from the ground inbetween you and you're targets from your perch spot in nightfall missions. >_<

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So are public events not a thing on a Sunday? Been patrolling all afternoon and nothing.

here you go:

http://destinypublicevents.com/

Best PTE Loop is Mothyards > Forgottoen Shores > (then U-turn back through Mothyard/Steppes) The Divide

Start at :58 or :28 on the hour an dget there, then just wait 5 minutes, if it doesn't appear, just move onto next location
You do get 2/3, I get 3/3 frequently

Forgotten Shore does now spawn the pikes more, so it takes up the PTE spot

Marvel

could never
Puma, thank you for the invite to the Raid. I'll be back fairly soon, I have to walk my dogs and eat dinner first though.

If no free space is available for me, don't worry and GL.

I did get my very first piece of raid gear though! which was nice.

Why do female Exos have boobs? Do male Exos have dicks? Why am I asking these questions?

Not sure about females but I do know male Exo's have usb crotch drives.

benjammin

Wiped on the nightfall just a few shots away from killing the last boss, but I completed a bounty which got me to vanguard 3 along the way and I was rewarded with the devil you know. So my glass is half full

Why play without the drops though?

I've got 20 raid clears but less than half of those had loot drops. Mainly because people asked me to help but also just for fun and practice, it's by far the best part of the game to me.

I'm enjoying speed running through the story missions while humming the music, with my alt.

Destiny has one of my favorite OST's.

Very true about the OST, really been enjoying it with the custom Destiny sound mix on the Gold headset. The entire sound design is really detailed, fantastic stuff.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised that it only took a little over 7 hrs to level my alt Warlock to Lv20, and then 30 seconds to get her to Lv25 because my main Titan had already gotten the gear drops. Just playing solo, bounties and heroic story missions.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why do female Exos have boobs? Do male Exos have dicks? Why am I asking these questions?

Why do you think Exo's were created in the first place...
I mean you live 300 years in the "Golden Age", stuck with the same wifey for that long...

Get yo'self an Exo!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've got 20 raid clears but less than half of those had loot drops. Mainly because people asked me to help but also just for fun and practice, it's by far the best part of the game to me.
Yeah, it has some fun mechanics. Although I really am not looking forward to the random teleports now.

Sullichin

Wiped on the nightfall just a few shots away from killing the last boss, but I completed a bounty which got me to vanguard 3 along the way and I was rewarded with the devil you know. So my glass is half full
I didn't even get a message from the postmaster when I hit rank 3 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom