• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if the Atheon change is going to be as bad as everyone thinks, or if it's a giant exaggeration, and we'll all adapt quickly.

I'm leaning towards bad.

Depends if you play casually or not. Carrying a 26 suddenly becomes much harder if he gets put into the portal team.

Yaari

How frequent are Exotics on Nightfalls? I've only done 4 runs so I don't have much to base my experience on. I've found 1 in those 4 runs.

BraXzy

Anyone on Xbox One up for the nightfall? I need to get it done on my Warlock, but I'm gonna run it till the final few moments on my main Hunter and then switch.

Yaari

I'll cry tears of joy if I can experience an Atheon cheese fest once more before the fix, so Wednesday would be awesome.

Daemul

tomorrow's monday. the day before the reset always sucks

hotfix is probably tuesday or wednesday
Ah ok. For me, it will be the exact same as it has been since Wednesday. I completed Nightfall, Weekly Strike and the Raid on hard mode on Tuesday, and I've had nothing to do ever since.

LiK

people who don't follow the news are in for a rude awakening when they do Atheon and he teleports them randomly instead. lol

todd360

tomorrow's monday. the day before the reset always sucks

hotfix is probably tuesday or wednesday

It is no big deal zoba. We just need to have three people that are good with shield. I'm not really worried about it at all. I already got everything that hard mode atheon drops anyways. Our team is strong enough now to beat atheon in like two portal runs on normal.

I would be worried about playing with randoms though. The last boss will be waaaayyyy harder with randoms who don't know what they are doing.

A fully-upgraded Hawkmoon is mine!

5zrWbCm.jpg

kidko

Of course. And before fixing actual glitches and bugs in the raid they decide to patch cheese methods. They have all the right priorities.

Not sure if joking, but hopefully you understand that there are separate teams that deal with networking and game design.

Just maxed out my Heart of the Praxic Fire and still light 27, damn! Don't want to put more shards into my non-raid stuff

BraXzy

I want to get a new cloak for my hunter but I can't decide between the Cosmic Joke or Strength of the Pack. Anyone care to sway me one way or the other?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Did about half-3/4 of the raid with my bro today and some gaffers until our cable went out, just got it back on ugh. Well it was fun but don't think I'll be doing it again, it just to long. Miss the days when I could play a game for 4hrs + straight...

The raid is definitely no designed around my play schedule.

todd360

How frequent are Exotics on Nightfalls? I've only done 4 runs so I don't have much to base my experience on. I've found 1 in those 4 runs.

I got two exotic helmets from 4-5 nightfalls I think. Let me think.

1. helmet
2. 9 strange coins
3 helmet
4. legendary gun
5.energy? Can't remember if I played five times or not.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not sure if joking, but hopefully you understand that there are separate teams that deal with networking and game design.
Is it lag that is causing people to warp to the wrong part of the map when they travel through the gate? Or when two people get teleported instead of three?

It happens often enough that I can't believe this stuff passed QA.

It is no big deal zoba. We just need to have three people that are good with shield. I'm not really worried about it at all. I already got everything that hard mode atheon drops anyways. Our team is strong enough now to beat atheon in like two portal runs on normal.

I would be worried about playing with randoms though. The last boss will be waaaayyyy harder with randoms who don't know what they are doing.

i'm not worried about the changes.

todd360

Did about half-3/4 of the raid with my bro today and some gaffers until our cable went out, just got it back on ugh. Well it was fun but don't think I'll be doing it again, it just to long. Miss the days when I could play a game for 4hrs + straight...

The raid is definitely no designed around my play schedule.

A good team can beat it in under and hour.

mstevens

Would really appreciate some warlock help with cheesing Atheon normal before the patch...

I have the checkpoint :) my Titan grenades just won't do the trick!

breakfuss

Can I be carried to a raid with a lvl 22? lol sry if dumb question. I was able to join a fireteam in certain modes of crucible even though they were locked out for me so just wondering if the same applied here.

MADGAME

Just want to thank MADGAME for teaching us the ways of the raid, he was very patient with a (mostly) inexperienced group. It was a super cool gesture to invite us to learn the ropes.

Also thanks to the rest of the team: milkman, raizel, samphire, sengar.

It was super fun to do the raid!

Hey no problem you are welcome, thanks for joining. I had a blast, we should do it again soon!

And I also extend thanks to the rest of the team, made some cool friends!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can I be carried to a raid with a lvl 22? lol sry if dumb question. I was able to join a fireteam in certain modes of crucible even though they were locked out for me so just wondering if the same applied here.
I don't even think a 22 can get into the raid.

Putting a party together to explore the VOG, this is not a run through. Its more exploring.

We will go through the entire things most likely at normal though.

PSN JHFerry3

Zocano

What are some of the better handguns?

I got Thorn but it's a bit poopy, but I'm looking at The Devil You Know from the vanguard shop.

I've only fully upgraded one other weapon, Suros Regime. The fact that I upgraded this one means alot.

Up next, Thorn.

I'm trying to upgrade it but it's taking forever for me. I hate how full auto mode craps out on me randomly.

Also how is your alt coming along (I think you are leveling one right)? I have a hard mode atheon point I can share it to if you need it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
you also don't have to do it all in one sitting, you get checkpoints after each round of loot so you can work on it throughout the week, until it resets progress on tuesday at 5am EST

nice just watched a vid for last 2 parts, seems doable. Hate to say it but the gorgon part gave us the most trouble. Took us about an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom