• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante316

The Devil You Know....do it. The one you get from a drop is even better than the one they sell. beast of a gun, you will NOT be disappointed. Given you can aim....

Agreed, I been using it in pvp alot more, now have to update thorn to get that damage over time, seems that could be my go to weapon once buffed and upgraded.

Temidien

Neo Member
Yeah lol. I was sitting as close as I could.

Typical.

I had them when we did the Nightfall too lol.

This explains so much. First few times we were in a fireteam together I could only make out a few words here and there. I was still new to using my headset so couldn't tell if it was something I had setup wrong on my end.

Nameless

So I did the raid on normal as my titan alt. This was my haul:
Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time
And chatterwhite of course.

Discard your false prophets and praise RNGESUS!!!

RNGesus demands balance. Because of your gluttony two poor assholes will get nothing but a few measly ass shards for their hard work completing the raid. How does that make you feel?

Tekku

A 100+++ hours in and I don't think I've fired a hand cannon a single time. Destiny-GAF seems to love them, though.

They are the ultimate power weapons. You headshot everything and try to make use of every single bullet. The feeling is unexplainable when you get skilled enough to use them flawlessly. You move from head to head like a machine. :)

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

Congrats! I've only done it once and I got shards, energy, and chatterwhite. :(.

Also disappointed to see a ton of talk about man cannons err hand cannons, and no mention of Lord High Fixer.

Alexalder

Banned
For raids the best weapon now is the vision of confluence hands down. To many good things it has.
How can i do the raid with a weapon you only get by doing the raid? :/
No, i am level 28 and i only got Aries Nemesis and Truth from drops, i need a weapon to do raids, i am thinking of A.1F19X-RYL or Devil You Know, both from the Vanguard seller. Maybe Shadow Price? I liked SR even before the buff though
Help me GAF <3

todd360

Welp I'm starting a hunter because there isn't anything to do on my warlock until Tuesday now. Le sigh.

Edit: Having to get to rank 2 in new monarchy again is straight up kitten crap.

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

eKhr5Og.gif

Rubenov

Was beating the number 2 guy on Rumble, a Hunter, by about 3 kills with a minute left on the clock. Guy goes Arc blade and kills 4 with it to win the match. Fuck that super.

I'm loving my Rare Scout rifle (I think it's called the Primed Yamaduta). It reloads almost instantly. It's going to be really tough switching this out for a Legendary rifle.

In fact, I think I'll hold onto it, even if I receive something much "better." Being able to reload in an instant will be invaluable in PVP.

Dante316

Welp I'm starting a hunter because there isn't anything to do on my warlock until Tuesday now. Le sigh.

Let the hunter share the power of the sun in your vains. May the golden gun bullets be the solar flames that rip guardians and enemies to shreds. With the burning passion of the sun you shall receive the heart of the praxic fire...next week..or next year or when xur sells ...maybe. Never mind such delusions , just power through and keep praising the sun in your own ways.

Nameless

They are the ultimate power weapons. You headshot everything and try to make use of every single bullet. The feeling is unexplainable when you get skilled enough to use them flawlessly. You move from head to head like a machine. :)

Honestly this is how I feel with a good AR. Heads popping off everywhere, sometimes in twos and threes. Not against trying Hand Cannons out, I just need to find a good one. Some dude landed a Last Word after a Tiger Strike last night, so who knows, maybe RNGesus will enlighten me.

I'm loving my Rare Scout rifle (I think it's called the Primed Yamaduta). It reloads almost instantly. It's going to be really tough switching this out for a Legendary rifle.

In fact, I think I'll hold onto it, even if I receive something much "better." Being able to reload in an instant will be invaluable in PVP.

Yeah I have rares that I've kept for the sole purpose of using them in pvp. I even have a couple greens that I've kept for pvp.

Navy Bean

No, i am level 28 and i only got Aries Nemesis and Truth from drops, i need a weapon to do raids, i am thinking of A.1F19X-RYL or Devil You Know, both from the Vanguard seller. Maybe Shadow Price? I liked SR even before the buff though

I have all 3 and I would say get TDYK if you like hand cannons. It's just a blast to use. But, really, all 3 are solid and it depends what you like.

todd360

Let the hunter share the power of the sun in your vains. May the golden gun bullets be the solar flames that rip guardians and enemies to shreds. With the burning passion of the sun you shall receive the heart of the praxic fire...next week..or next year or when xur sells ...maybe. Never mind such delusions , just power through and keep praising the sun in your own ways.

10/10 would read again.

Greenymac

Congrats! I've only done it once and I got shards, energy, and chatterwhite. :(.

Also disappointed to see a ton of talk about man cannons err hand cannons, and no mention of Lord High Fixer.

Id take a Lord High Fixer to add to my collection...I could buy one, but I dont play enuff pvp for crucible marks...

Anyone want to do Normal raid? I am a 26 sunbro.

PSN: CometJP

I just did about half of it we another party before people had to drop.

My haul from that small run was a pair of raid boots, some ass mats, and a warlock legendary band which looks AWESOME

RNGesus demands balance. Because of your gluttony two poor assholes will get nothing but a few measly ass shards for their hard work completing the raid. How does that make you feel?

I feel nothing, but I now know what it feels like to be "that jerk" in a raid grpup that gets all the good loot

Honestly this is how I feel with a good AR. Heads popping off everywhere, sometimes in twos and threes. Not against trying Hand Cannons out, I just need to find a good one. Some dude landed a Last Word after a Tiger Strike last night, so who knows, maybe RNGesus will enlighten me.

You can get exotic drops from Tiger Strikes? Didn't know that. Maybe I'll start playing them more.

Greenymac

I never really used hand cannons, i am afraid of the low magazine size and range

headshots man! Im telling you my TDYK is highly effective at range because Im getting critical shots. melts sniping Hobgoblins in the raid in one shot. If you can aim, the range aint a Thang.

I'm going to try to get a group for the normal raid tonight. GT is dmh33. Anyone else interested let me know. Would be later - around 10:00 ET or so.

Need it on hard mode. Already did it on normal but if you need sombody to help you out this week ill run it again for u

Megatron

I doubt they will raise the level cap. All of the current exotic armors will become useless.. unless they add an additional upgrade to them by the time the DLC comes out

They won't be useless. You will need them to get to level28 which you will have to be at to use the new content (potentially)

Played around with them in the beta. They were fun, but I couldn't imagine running with one as my main. Though part of it is it's the only type of legendary or exotix weapon I haven't gotten yet. My character is a snob who doesn't acknowledge rare or uncommon loot.

Yeah... so...

I got the Hawkmoon a few days ago. I was not an HC user (I have a fully-upgraded Shadow Price with field scout). I can't imagine using anything else now. I am indeed a convert.

Tekku

I use AR's from time to time, but I usually don't like them that much because of how many bullets goes to waste. And I think they sound kinda weird in Destiny.

Handcannons are rather crappy early on in the game, especially if you haven't gotten used to the aiming. But there are a bunch to look forward to at 20+.

todd360

My hunter is so prettyful.

Edit: time for traveler pope to pretend there is a story he isn't telling me. Won't somebody please think of the children?

Flo_Evans

headshots man! Im telling you my TDYK is highly effective at range because Im getting critical shots. melts sniping Hobgoblins in the raid in one shot. If you can aim, the range aint a Thang.

They require a different play style, which I enjoy. ARs I typically aim for the chest and let the barrel creep pull it up for the head. With hand cannons I am much more slow and methodical with my shot placements.

When you get in the grove though hand cannons are just sweet.

Are there any hand canons with a scope or red dot though? Seems weird I haven't seen any.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pulse rifles need a serious buff. As it stands they don't do anything better than the other two rifle classes which is a shame because they're so much fun to use.

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

>:[
Nice!

So, buy Symbiote helmet now or wait until there's a version with intelligence instead of discipline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom