• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

I want to put a normal raid up.
I haven't done it yet. If anybody is interested, I'm ok for a team of first timer.

Let's get destroyed, cry, laugh, and win.....a few ass shards

Namikaze1

I'll check the ingame character selection screen again later. Gonna sit back and glare at the ferret while I look up a video on how to open a DS4 for me to switch the thumbsticks on the white ds4 with the black one's.

I learned this from this Reddit post, but I'll lay it out here for easy viewing.

First thing to bring up is the GHOST FRAGMENT: Warlock Grimoire card.

So we learn a few things from this. The Ahamkara were "dragons that made promises" and were apparently feared enough to be hunted to extinction. His insistence that specifically Hunters and Titans wouldn't be able to take one down, also implies it was y the Warlocks who actually did this (more on this later). One of the more important parts about this though (and you will see more of this further), is that the dragon's bone seems to have some influence over the Warlock when he holds it. It basically compels him to goad the Hunter in to a situation that he knows will get her killed.....

Sigh if only half of this was dialogue in the game.Can we at least get a Star Wars opening credit summary? Sounds fair

Star_Wars_Scroll_Video.jpg

Cruxist

I learned this from this Reddit post, but I'll lay it out here for easy viewing.

TLDR: The Ahamkara are talking dragons that had literal answers to questions that made the Guardians more powerful. Possibly to secrets of reality itself. They also had the power to compel the minds of Guardians and this power made them dangerous enough that the Guardians decided to hunt them to extinction. This power of compulsion seems to extend to their bones and being in possession of them makes you still makes you vulnerable to that compulsion. They seem to want to feast on reality and they seek to achieve that by controlling the minds of Guardians and possibly through the use of Solar's specific power.

So why is none of this communicated in game? This is more exciting than anything Dinklebot says.

I'd much rather hear about ancient psychic dragons than hear about how, "Crota sleeps, but the sword does not."

Lol

I'm so pissed right now. Got sent home from work since boss wants my foot to have enough time to heal up. (Can't you see I'm walking fine, boss?!)

DS4 thumb sticks got nibbled on by the ferret. Damn you, Kiko!

And to top it off, my Titan alt is gone. Fuck! He had some good equipment on too!

So how's your day been, guys and gals?

How you gonna drop a pet ferret with no pics!?

Iceman829

I'm going to try to get a group for the normal raid tonight. GT is dmh33. Anyone else interested let me know. Would be later - around 10:00 ET or so.

You know I'm down for the raid later.

Also, If anyone is looking to do the weekly strike on hard or just grind out some tiger strikes let me know. GT - Iceman829

X-Frame

So according to a few Reddit posts today, apparently there is a new hack/glitch/exploit that allows for users to start PvP matches with heavy ammo and use it consistently throughout the match.

A couple videos were posted of it and it seems to be all from a single clan. I'd link but I'm on my phone and browse Reddit from an app.

So according to a few Reddit posts today, apparently there is a new hack/glitch/exploit that allows for users to start PvP matches with heavy ammo and use it consistently throughout the match.

A couple videos were posted of it and it seems to be all from a single clan. I'd link but I'm on my phone and browse Reddit from an app.

i thought that was a perk but if it's a glitch then i'm pissed. Somebody was spawning with heavy ammo a minute before it spawned on the map the other day. Really annoying.

Fortunately he was terrible and took a mythoclast to the face each time.

Okay, this has been bugging me for a couple days now, and I need some other opinions on this. The pictures below are of the final boss encounter. The statues light up with a certain pattern and spin around. I think that if you stand on the back side of the statues they all appear to have a monkey face/shape to them.

Which of course, seeing 3 monkeys together makes me think of the
See no Evil
Hear no Evil
Speak no Evil

Edit: Alternatively, my brain just wants to make a pattern out of nothing.

FyreWulff

Strange thing happened earlier. Was running the Weekly with someone to start the bounty chain and nothing dropped any ammo. If it did it despawned immediately.

We died on Sepiks, and when it resumed us inside his room, enemies started pouring out ammo drops again.

Made the weekly much harder than it needed to be. Waiting for the ghost to get down the lasers with no restocks? That hurt..

squadr0n

Finally hit 29 today on my Warlock. Going to finish unlocking all my upgrades on my primary in a couple mins. If anyone is doing the Hardmode Raid on PS4 please send me an invite. Also down to try the Atheon checkpoint for the hardmode raid if anyone has that available atm. I know its looked down on but I really need that helmet.

PSN: Squadon

Deku Tree

I've had this same question lingering in my head for awhile as well, but haven't really seen anyone mention DEFINITIVELY how this works...

Anyone care to explain?

Everyone on the team gets the raid checkpoint. Any member of the team can leave at any time and start the raid with a different team and start at the latest checkpoint of tbe team leader. That's how the raid saves work.

JackHerer

It's actually a pretty fun gun IMO but using that exotic slot on it is rough..

Why do you say that? I use Hawkmoon in PvP pretty much all the time and it destroys. It's the best hand cannon in the game that I've used so far. The ability to kill in two shots is amazing. My K/D has gone up quite a bit since I started using it. Sitting at 2.0 right now.

Impala26

Everyone on the team gets the raid checkpoint. Any member of the team can leave at any time and start the raid with a different team and start at the latest checkpoint of tbe team leader. That's how the raid saves work.

So the checkpoint is determined by the fireteam leader then?

When in the "Set Destination" screen does is give you a specific option, like "Resume from last save" a la Halo or does selecting the Raid from the map always begin you from the point of your last checkpoint (or the beginning if you don't have one)?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, only starting playing the game in October.

th4tguy

Looking for possible people to run raid/ nightfall / weekly heroic stuff with. Currently I've been very casual about running stuff as I generally only have time during the day mon tue and thur est, so I tend to hop in groups that aren't full to help where I can. One upgrade away from 29 Titan. Working on maxing weapons right now and collecting those last few ass shards to hit 29. Anyways, send a friend request to cgkyou (ps4) if interested.

Been using the vision of confluence, shadow price, and mythoclast in pvp and honestly..... I feel the Suros is still the better gun.
I find the suros to be the best gun in the game now, but only by a slight margin though. I beat out vex mythoclast users with it pretty regularly now too, which is kind of sad; I guess there is to much recoil on the vex to allow for accurate shot placement like the suros, which gives the suros a slight edge over the vex imo.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I finally bought myself a legendary machine gun, that being the swarm. I used it for the first time just now...damn, I like it.

do exotics vary like that? i got the symbiote helmet from a xur helmet engram and it is +117 discipline zero everything else

I really don't know, most of the stats I've seen (through google image search) have discipline as its stat, but there's one with intelligence. Althrough I see now that this last one is from the beta build, so maybe Bungie changed things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom