• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Well used my motes of light to buy an engram and got the exact same titan chest piece he is selling. I guess I should be glad I didn't buy the armor piece first.

Vespene

I finally bought myself a legendary machine gun, that being the swarm. I used it for the first time just now...damn, I like it.

Try it out on this week's Nightfall strike. When the walker tank opened up, I jumped on its back and unleashed that machine gun at point blank range.

Dahbomb

I need help being carried in the Weekly Heroic Strike mission (I have trouble soloing it, it's lvl22 and I am lvl 21). My PSN is Dahbomb88, send me a friend invite or something.

I really need those rewards.

mstevens

Can't figure out how to quote from my phone...

"I don't have an exotic yet.. Is this weeks good for defender Titan pve? I have icebreaker so the extra special ammo won't help, but extra heavy reserve (rockets) and extra grenade sound cool!"

I'm about to pull the trigger on this, any reason why I shouldn't?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm up for weekly or heroic and/or nightfall strIke or normal raid on PS4. I'll be around the next several hours. Probably playing Driveclub, but just send an FR and invite me to Destiny and I'll join.

PSN: dmaul1114. Level 29 warlock.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

"I don't have an exotic yet.. Is this weeks good for defender Titan pve? I have icebreaker so the extra special ammo won't help, but extra heavy reserve (rockets) and extra grenade sound cool!"

The Armamentarium is among the best exotics for an end-game Titan.
On my level 30, I usually run with it or the helm that blinds things.

Nope, it's a really nice piece.

Go for it.

mstevens

Great thank you! Xur has really treated me well the last two weeks

Now to save up enough marks for the vanquisher and new monarchy gaunts!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Ultimately, you just have to consider if that's worth more than the unique skills that you can get in the other exotics for your class/subclass. Although at some point, you probably want them all so that you can switch around.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Hand Cannons are for pros on a Leon trip. 13 rounds in the clip at 300 damage with dat head shot aim?

Was ridonkulous when ARs were overpowered. Now it's just whack a mole...

Head pops up - Blam
Head pops up - Blam
Head pops up - Blam
Guy turns corner on you - iPocket comes out - Vaap Vaaap Vaaaap

rinse repeat. It's been swell gents but the swellings gone down and you need an ice bucket.

I got a cold the other day and I may be losing my marbles. A random rolled Atheons Epilogue at the end of the raid last night and I went off "oohohh DIE in a fire CMON that's my gun!1 pshspbbtpto fuck me. stupid game."

Then i played another 2 hours :(

Nope but it is now my most wanted item since I got the Last Word. If I could switch between them and use Hawkmoon on larger maps and Last Word on smaller maps that'd be amazing.

*eye twitching reaches max TPM... singularity swallows small oregon town*

Bold One

can't fucking log on

Destiny servers are just the fucking worst things I have ever dealt it

most of the time the game is literally unplayable

Sigh if only half of this was dialogue in the game.Can we at least get a Star Wars opening credit summary? Sounds fair
So why is none of this communicated in game? This is more exciting than anything Dinklebot says.

I'd much rather hear about ancient psychic dragons than hear about how, "Crota sleeps, but the sword does not."

Yep. The fact that there's a pretty solid and deep foundation of lore makes it even more frustrating that almost none of it is communicated through the game in any organic way. There's all kinds of other crazy shit like the story behind the Vault of Glass, Rasputin, even the story behind Thorn.

Anyone got any good tips for the conflux part on hard? Got absolutely môlèsted. It's the two confluxes that got us everytime. We had two on the left, two mid and two right. One of the guys on mid was flexible with helping the left.

gunawi

I'm up for weekly or heroic and/or nightfall strIke or normal raid on PS4. I'll be around the next several hours. Probably playing Driveclub, but just send an FR and invite me to Destiny and I'll join.

PSN: dmaul1114. Level 29 warlock.
Added ...PSN gunawi..... need 1 more for nightfall

SharkJAW

Yep. The fact that there's a pretty solid and deep foundation of lore makes it even more frustrating that almost none of it is communicated through the game in any organic way. There's all kinds of other crazy shit like the story behind the Vault of Glass, Rasputin, even the story behind Thorn.
Yup, I've said this before, but I think Destiny shouldve expanded more on Thorn, story-wise. The game hints at a rivalry between the original owner of Thorn (Dredgen Yor) and the original owner of the Last Word (Shin Malphur) and I would've loved to see more about those two.

Tovarisc

Anyone got any good tips for the conflux part on hard? Got absolutely môlèsted. It's the two confluxes that got us everytime. We had two on the left, two mid and two right. One of the guys on mid was flexible with helping the left.

With that split / strat it's doable and should go once you get hold of mob waves. 2nd wave, one with two confluxes, is worst because of how many Minotaurs get spawned. Left side gets pummeled hardest.

Dreez

I'm at work and I can't wait to go home and raid on my 2nd titan. Just did hard mode for the first time last night.

The addiction is real.

Frenden

Banned
I rolled a Warlock and spent enough time with it to get used to the farty little jump that they have.

I miss the extra bit of long-reach damage that the Hunter offers with its dual throwing knives, but I vastly prefer the Warlock to my Titan alt, even only 6-10 levels in.

With that split / strat it's doable and should go once you get hold of mob waves. 2nd wave, one with two confluxes, is worst because of how many Minotaurs get spawned. Left side gets pummeled hardest.

Exactly. We made it to the third phase quite a few times but it's often with like only half the team...

Zakalwe

Banned
This week's normal mode VoG haul (2 runs):

Red Death
Light of the great prism x2 (yuk)
Glass Minuet x2
Raid gloves
Shards + energy

I needed the gloves so that's all I really care about. I like the ship, and I got the raid sparrow from Hard Mode.

Just want Hawkmoon and Gjallahorn and I can stop wanting entirely.

I finally bought myself a legendary machine gun, that being the swarm. I used it for the first time just now...damn, I like it.

I've been using it for quite some time, really like it, especially after the stability boost.
I have the Thunderlord, too but I find myself using the Swarm more often because I can equip it while having a legendary primary or special weapon equipped.

Edit: Is anyone about to start a raid and needs another player?(Ps4)
Add bangbazie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom