• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.

FUCK YOU BUNGIE

I'm so FUCKING DONE WITH YOUR SHIT!

RNG RNG RNG RNG who needs strategy?! Players have fun getting into roles? Kill the fun!

Fucking idiots have NO IDEA what they are doing.

Zakalwe

Banned
A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.

"Bug"

Lmfao.

Tovarisc

But g-horn... Hmm that is worth considering

All 29s if everyone was wondering

My group destroys minotaurs and pretorians with g-horns. It just eats them up like 6yo eats candy before dinner.

Also if someone can get to 30, but is holding back "because raid gear" I think he should push to 30. It's noticeable difference and will help you guys out a lot when progressing hard VoG.

How we are moving forward:
-We are adjusting the base damage on Mythoclast. We are going to find a value that works for both PVP and PVE.
-In addition, we intend to raise Mythoclast's attack value above and beyond the other exotics. Attack value dictates how much damage players deal to combatants and Mythoclast attack value being raised will make it more effective in PVE.

Yu8klHS.gif

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've been using it for quite some time, really like it, especially after the stability boost.
I have the Thunderlord, too but I find myself using the Swarm more often because I can equip it while having a legendary primary or special weapon equipped.

Yeah, can't wait for the stability upgrade. I was just able to hold B basically a whole game of control on Bastion with it. I never ran out of ammo, lol.

-We are adjusting the base damage on Mythoclast. We are going to find a value that works for both PVP and PVE.
-In addition, we intend to raise Mythoclast's attack value above and beyond the other exotics. Attack value dictates how much damage players deal to combatants and Mythoclast attack value being raised will make it more effective in PVE.

Yu8klHS.gif

Awesome.

lol this is terrible

SkylineRKR

Well Suros is still a beast indeed. I was just shredding heads, triple downs on Shores of Time. 77 Wizard took care of other situations, I swear I outright missed but it was still a one shot and a melting body, lol.

I can live with the warp fix. Everyone needs to learn it anyway, its best to do it the hard way.

Strider

The weekly update sounds good for the most part.

The Atheon/raid stuff sounds horrible to me though... Not because I don't agree with the changes they made, but because they should fix all the glitches that go on during the Atheon fight before "fixing" the cheese method of making him fall off the cliff. The order they are sending out patches is something I don't agree with.

Also we have still heard nothing regarding the PvP netcode which remains horrible.

Edit: Oh and I should point out that this weeks weekly update was much easier to sort through to see the information that was important. Nice to see. I didn't even bother finishing the update last week.

Afrocious

What I don't get is why come Bungie doesn't just implement the Atheon change to a better implemented hard mode with remixed, more difficult mechanics? You know, kind of like how games with actual raids do it?

Angry Guy

While I'm sure I'll be able to adapt to this and it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, this is a little bit infuriating. I don't even play MMOs and I know this isn't how you design a raid.

You don't force a healer to learn and skillfully execute DPS too.

Swag

Time to upgrade this mofo

Lakitu

st5fu
So what's the best way to tackle the Raid? I can never seem to get 6 people together for some reason. I really really want to do it, to the point, I don't feel as much satisfaction playing Destiny anymore.

1) I can only play 10pm (GMT +1) for an extended period of time, an hour or two later would affect my sleep pattern unfortunately.
2) Mic use - as the night goes by and the grumpy people in my house that need to sleep don't like me being loud, means that I have to have minimal contact on the mic.
3) I have literally no experience playing the Raid.
4) I really want to go through the Raid :(

Well, Bungie better get on adding raid matchmaking now that there's no need to communicate with your group and strategize in the raid at all now.

That “there should be no single answer for how to win in Destiny" quote in the weekly update is fucking hilarious.

Right, if they're fixing the Atheon cheese, I want to get in before it disappears. Can someone on Xbone get me a Hard checkpoint for Atheon tomorrow? Send me a PM. GT is BlueNinja BE.

The encounter goal for Atheon is to act as a climax and the culmination of learning for a given Raid group. Part of that is making sure that each player in your group can perform every job as required. A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.

Lol. So they ARE calling it a bug. Come on guys...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.

Welp... my random rag tag groups of Raiders have come to an end. Gonna need at least another 2 decent players that can communicate and most importantly LISTEN to instructions to not continuously wipe over... and over... and over again after like 3 trips through the portals. Oh yah... and to do more than a fractional SLIVER of damage while Time's Vengeance is up...

might just go snag a season pass and wait for the next raid at this point. Still no word on fixing my Thorn. Huzzah.

ethomaz

Banned
Ohhhhh I know it was a bug when I first played the Raid.

Thanks they will fix that... it needs to be random.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Bungie loves RNG so much, we're getting a new raid every week, design changes decided by the roll of a dice.

So much bruised ego about their hardest experience ever turned into a farmfest less than a month after release.

Cømet

Banned
This week's normal mode VoG haul (2 runs):

Red Death
Light of the great prism x2 (yuk)
Glass Minuet x2
Raid gloves
Shards + energy

I needed the gloves so that's all I really care about. I like the ship, and I got the raid sparrow from Hard Mode.

Just want Hawkmoon and Gjallahorn and I can stop wanting entirely.

Can't believe you got the gloves and I got the damn legs again :x

Bad weekly update. They're forcing us to play the Raid their way and they didn't even up the drop rate of the Mythoclast. Some of us have done the Raid many times and still haven't got one.

it would explain why it's so buggy to begin with. it doesn't always send the 3 furthest so you can tell some of the random code is present.

I've never seen it not send the farthest three back (keep in mind it doesn't take anyone dead). If there was ever a point in which it did, THAT specifically was probably the bug.

Strider

I've never seen it not send the farthest three back (keep in mind it doesn't take anyone dead). If there was ever a point in which it did, THAT specifically was probably the bug.

It happens pretty frequently from my experience. I've had it only send 2 people once as well....

"Destiny" is a real fuckin appropriate name for this game, isn't it

What's the point in having raid gear that lets you pick between Oracle or Praetorian damage if it's totally random what you'll be facing?

"Destiny" is a real fuckin appropriate name for this game, isn't it

What's the point in having raid gear that lets you pick between Oracle or Praetorian damage if it's totally random what you'll be facing?

yea that's the problem i have with it. we can't exactly switch roles on the fly so people will no longer be optimized for their jobs. i have atheon's epilogue to go in the portals, not to shoot harpies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom