• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What's the Gaf consensus on The Truth rocket launcher? Anyone leveled it up enough to know if it's any good and what it's special perks do?

Geez Bungie what's next? Fixing a "bug" in the VoG that allow players to kill Atheon and actually complete the raid?

Unrelated - wanted to say thank you to ComputerMKII and Deku Tree. After 8 raids the only armor I was gifted by RNG was the chest, thanks to you guys I did receive the helmet which is pretty cool. I had loads of raid weapons but finally got the Vex Mytho from that sessions so thank you both!

I'll pay it forward, I have an Atheon hard checkpoint I'll pass along to Gaffers either later tonight or tomorrow after I normal Raid on my alts.

Is this a hard raid checkpoint? I would love to grab it whenever you have time my friend. Thanks. PSN: Darryl_M_R

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What's the Gaf consensus on The Truth rocket launcher? Anyone leveled it up enough to know if it's any good and what it's special perks do?

sounds like its quite good, pvp especially. there are (apparently) better rocket launchers out there, but its one of the best. i bought it

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
What I want to know is how is atheon's selection a bug? how long has it been and surely in testing they knew this, sounds like a bullshit change to make things harder.

Same with the so called bug on strike boss health.

Bungie is still stuck on the "PR means lying to your customers" bullshit.

That's why I asked looking for clarification on his meaning. Because there's an argument to be made discussing designing MMO's that extends to all of Bungie. But if the comment was implying that no one at Bungie had played MMO's, then it's incorrect.

Mhm, I can understand that. The raid is well designed-Best thing in the game in terms of variance and difficulty. Luke Smiths experience with WoW definitely came into that. The systems leading up to that, however-The factions, the loot distribution, the missions, the bounties, the weekly challenges...leaves alot to be desired.

Like, for weekly Nightfalls/Daily missions, why not cycle enemies? "The Cabal have invaded Old Earth, meet them at the Rocketyards and stop them!" instead of doing Septiks for the 20th time.

Geez Bungie what's next? Fixing a "bug" in the VoG that allow players to kill Atheon and actually complete the raid?

Unrelated - wanted to say thank you to ComputerMKII and Deku Tree. After 8 raids the only armor I was gifted by RNG was the chest, thanks to you guys I did receive the helmet which is pretty cool. I had loads of raid weapons but finally got the Vex Mytho from that sessions so thank you both!

I'll pay it forward, I have an Atheon hard checkpoint I'll pass along to Gaffers either later tonight or tomorrow after I normal Raid on my alts.

Please deal me in?

MADGAME

Is this a hard raid checkpoint? I would love to grab it whenever you have time my friend. Thanks.

Yes, it is. I'm going to hold sessions to give it away. Going to invite folks in, wipe, then they can leave with it. I plan on hosting it as long as I can, unitl hopefully everyone who wants it gets it. Just trying to get 2 normal raids on my alts first

Yes, it is. I'm going to hold sessions to give it away. Going to invite folks in, wipe, then they can leave with it. I plan on hosting it as long as I can, unitl hopefully everyone who wants it gets it. Just trying to get 2 normal raids on my alts first

Ah I see, sounds great. Let me know if I can help your alts before that time. I am not on yet--I'm letting my little cousin play other games but I would really appreciate it if you consider me for later. Mind if I add you to PSN now just so later I don't have to compete with everyone haha.

Gotcha, well hoping it's not next week. I might be able to sneak that helmet hopefully :/

Oh no. I'm sorry I should have been more clear. It's coming next week but what day next week is currently unknown. Tuesday is reset but Bungie have shown that they don't always patch on reset day. Sorry for the confusion.

blackflag

Does everyone have a fantastic rocket launcher? Has everyone maxed out their raid weapons with oracle disruptor? This change means you can't really use non-raid primaries as you have no idea what's going to happen once you hit Atheon.

I don't know why they're nerfing teamwork and instead choosing a cluster fuck scenario for their ultimate challenge.

You don't need to be level 30 for any of that....but I agree with you it's a dumb change and gets rid of strategy.

Bungie where everything is RNG.

Oh no. I'm sorry I should have been more clear. It's coming next week but what day next week is currently unknown. Tuesday is reset but Bungie have shown that they don't always patch on reset day. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah it's all good, well I will be atleast 29 next week. Maybe the normal raid will reward me with the chest and legs armor. Praying to the RNG gods, I am sure there are plenty of other gaffers who are willing to suffer along with me during hard raid.

Why does it feel like Bungie is constantly spitting in the face of gamers?

Every update from them rubs me the wrong way, which shits me because I like the game and want to keep saying good things about it.

The encounter goal for Atheon is to act as a climax and the culmination of learning for a given Raid group. Part of that is making sure that each player in your group can perform every job as required. A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon's target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.

Just making it harder for the sake of it. Having set roles makes way more sense in this game as it has 3 different classes! With 2 different power sets! These options allow you to make a player more suited for specific roles!

Fuck sake Bungie. Why are you continually fighting against your community.

Also knocking a boss off a ledge isn't a bug. It's an exploit you didn't think of when designing the arena. Not a bug.

dengatron

Fuck mythoclast. 10 fucking runs and 3 new alts made and my friend that barely plays gets one first run and my other friend gets his 4th. Amazing. The fuck is this shit bungie

Key2001

I really hope they change their mind about the random teleports. It is going to make it near, if not completely, impossible for anyone that doesn't have a regular crew they run with to complete the raid.

After reading this update I am really having trouble to find a reason to continue playing. I don't really enjoy or play PVP and now it seems raids will be out of the question.

Grimsen

Such a stupid decision. Ran the normal raid last night with some gaffers, and assigning roles was actually a fun coop activity. Their decisions seem hasty and if they keep up their bullshit they'll end up driving people away.

Once I get home I'm gonna look for a group to cheese Atheon on hard. Hopefully I can get some armor pieces.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Fuck mythoclast. 10 fucking runs and 3 new alts made and my friend that barely plays gets one first run and my other friend gets his 4th. Amazing. The fuck is this shit bungie

I feel you. I'm at 12 runs without getting it, and yeah, it blows.

Guess my hopes for doing VoG hard with my friends will take like 3 weeks more since they are still not getting raid gear and some are starting to go for another games.

Also my friends didnt know how to use the shield and now the the teleport fix it would be disastrous for them.

Chitown B

Why does it feel like Bungie is constantly spitting in the face of gamers?

Every update from them rubs me the wrong way, which shits me because I like the game and want to keep saying good things about it.

Just making it harder for the sake of it. Having set roles makes way more sense in this game as it has 3 different classes! With 2 different power sets! These options allow you to make a player more suited for specific roles!

Fuck sake Bungie. Why are you continually fighting against your community.

Also knocking a boss off a ledge isn't a bug. It's an exploit you didn't think of when designing the arena. Not a bug.

^^^^^ ALL OF THIS.

another album i'm working on

xhvKSA9.jpg

ZxOYua8.jpg

fa8BNqf.jpg

WaCo2zc.jpg

lCoHOHU.jpg

Special C

So I feel like Im stuck at Level 23. All I can find are blues with a little bit of light. My vanguard Level is going so slowly. Is that the only way I'm going to break the glass ceiling? By ranking up and buying purples?

Anybody down to try and get the flawless raider trophy tonight? 29+, experienced, will try on normal mode. Like to try and get it before the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom