• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just logged off, finished 4 hard raids in 2 days on the same character :/

I'll be on later and can run a raid if enough players are available.
Geez that's rough. And with the incoming patch, pretty sure a lot of people will need help. And no worries about the strike clan trophy :p

blackflag

So I feel like Im stuck at Level 23. All I can find are blues with a little bit of light. My vanguard Level is going so slowly. Is that the only way I'm going to break the glass ceiling? By ranking up and buying purples?

Yes that's the only way to do it unless you get lucky. So you should treat it as luck and rank up.

Guardians make their own fate

ZangBa

There's an inherent difference in the complexity afforded by the combat systems in hotkey MMO's and FPS games respectively.

But I really don't understand this response at all when earlier you called the change that they're making that will specifically add complexity to the fight, "unbearable."

Eh, not really, I'm gonna disagree. There's no reason there couldn't be more complex mechanics in boss fights. They have more freedom without set roles (tanks/healers/dps). They could have done better with hard mode mechanics.

The change they are making is just annoying, it's not like they are adding new mechanics. It doesn't even make it more difficult for my group of guys + randoms. The only complexity this added is now 3 people will probably be designated to pick up the shield, woopie. I might actually have to un-mute my mic for the boss now so we can all yell at each other.

Geez that's rough. And with the incoming patch, pretty sure a lot of people will need help. And no worries about the strike clan trophy :p

It's fun playing with different players each time. Nice way to make friends and also learn different strategies. That's a better reward than the loot bungie doesn't want us to have.

I'm up for the strike and raid trophy later.

Vire

Hey will be starting a normal vault of glass run at 9:30 EST have room for 4 more. Send a friend request to audioandy on PS4 PSN for an invite.

Eh, not really, I'm gonna disagree. There's no reason there couldn't be more complex mechanics in boss fights. They have more freedom without set roles (tanks/healers/dps). They could have done better with hard mode mechanics.

The change they are making is just annoying, it's not like they are adding new mechanics. It doesn't even make it more difficult for my group of guys + randoms. The only complexity this added is now 3 people will probably be designated to pick up the shield, woopie. I might actually have to un-mute my mic for the boss now so we can all yell at each other.

They have less design options with no tanks and no healers. And even less than that when you consider they're not going to design mechanics that require a specific build like MMO's often do.

Also, designating 3 people still won't be enough if it truly is random as they could easily transport all 3 of those players or none of those players or any mix inbetween.

Any Hard raid groups ?

We can start one if no one is running.

29 Hunter .. cleared before.. 300 dmg weapons.. etc etc

I'm checkpoint @ template confluxs.. so can hit all loot point.

Let's go!

ZangBa

They have less design options with no tanks and no healers. And even less than that when you consider they're not going to design mechanics that require a specific build like MMO's often do.

Also, designating 3 people still won't be enough if it truly is random as they could easily transport all 3 of those players or none of those players or any mix inbetween.

I'm just going to have to disagree with the first part completely, I think that gives them more freedom than anything. They aren't shoehorned into making mechanics based off builds, I feel like that gives them more options to create some real variety.

You only need to survive through a couple portals, the chances of one of the 3 not being ported in the 2 transitions is pretty low, to be honest.

Korosenai

Luckily for me, I've already gotten everything worthwhile from the Raid, so I can just sit back and watch the chaos ensue.

9X3TYR6nTkkr7m66eu9YupBN99MNmDVa9L2D3Q4XUpCEE-J1T5eepSudP2dnIVMejLKbxnbPKYnj1vFv3Ng=w280-h158-nc
Ive got everything but boots ans the fatebringer.

So while i sit back, im gonna attempt hard mode every now and then for shits and giggles.

Namikaze1

I'm willing to do anything at this point for a legendary engram. Keep getting shit and now I'm stuck at level 25 with all my blues and an exotic fully upgraded.

Tiger Strikes for some reason won't give me marks or reps (I have no faction class item and haven't reached mark limit)

pros of randomizing the teleport:

-more players will learn the relic, how to open sync plates, and how to deal with oracles. over time, this will raise the average skill of raiders, whereas some players today who have completed it several times still don't know what the inside of the portal is like or how to cleanse with the relic.
-players will stop bringing inefficient weapons into the raid (leave bad juju at home folks)
-players will need to communicate more.
-players will be able to do more damage to the boss since they wont need to resume their positions early.
-a chance a player with heavy ammo will be subbed into the portal while those who are empty don't have to wait for synthesis cooldown.

cons of randomizing the teleport:

-players used to specializing in their roles for the entirety of the raid up till this point will be met with an abrupt change of pace. class roles will be distilled in an attempt to control the randomness as much as possible. this means the demand for sunsingers will go up while the demand for titan defenders go down, since you can no longer control where the titan is to make use of the shield. titans may instead prefer striker for the portal.
-weapon selection will be homogenized so that everyone has the same loadout to cover all the bases. not a problem on normal, but if the portal team on hard doesn't have good oracle weapons it'll probably cause a wipe.
-demanding more communication through one audio channel, especially after spending so much time during the previous phases up till this point, can increase the frustrations of groups.
-random groups will take longer during this phase than any of the previous phases on average
-being level 30 at this point no longer matters unless level 30s are the majority, since there's no guarantee they'll be inside the portal to hold the relic.
-also a chance that players with no heavy ammo will be teleported

Deku Tree

Geez Bungie what's next? Fixing a "bug" in the VoG that allow players to kill Atheon and actually complete the raid?

Unrelated - wanted to say thank you to ComputerMKII and Deku Tree. After 8 raids the only armor I was gifted by RNG was the chest, thanks to you guys I did receive the helmet which is pretty cool. I had loads of raid weapons but finally got the Vex Mytho from that sessions so thank you both!

I'll pay it forward, I have an Atheon hard checkpoint I'll pass along to Gaffers either later tonight or tomorrow after I normal Raid on my alts.

Your welcome. Glad you got the helm and the vex. I still didn't get them and I might not get them either with all these changes. Oh well. Just a game.

I'm just going to have to disagree with the first part completely, I think that gives them more freedom than anything. They aren't shoehorned into making mechanics based off builds, I feel like that gives them more options to create some real variety.

You only need to survive through a couple portals, the chances of one of the 3 not being ported in the 2 transitions is pretty low, to be honest.

How does it give them more freedom when everyone is DPS? Aside from making a mechanic that requires a Titan Bubble or Lock Revive, the classes largely do slightly different flavors of the same things. So there's nothing like trading aggro, cleansing, buffing/debuffing, etc... Without class role defining differences, there's plainly less options. In fact, that's the whole reason why The Relic exists. To give a player or players a new, unique set of skills that has a very specific role in the fight, adding to the complexity.

And the odds aren't that low when you consider that you need consecutive rolls to work out with only 1 of the 3 predetermined Relic holders in a single run.

Don't get me wrong. Good players will adapt. Average players will face a harder learning curve that will result in a lot of wipes.

Its like Bungie wants to make the "Don't die in the Raid" Trophy even more impossible to obtain now. If 0.1% of people were getting it, I fully expect that to drop off by a factor of 10. Shit is so dumb.

k1t4j

So yeah Destiny finally managed to push me away, did my third raid today with random people, took me 3 hours to finish the raid, got shards all the way again.

I have around 50 ass shards and energy and not a single piece of gear...

PvP is laggy as hell, lv 24 strikes only give me blues and greens and I don't have the patience to go through the rngesus game any longer with a different class, I mean IF bungie made the rep system account wide as opposed to character specific :S

Anyways I think i'll just do the nightfall every week and buy stuff off Xur once in a while.....

BraXzy

Nice! I just went 31 and 8 on my still crappy Warlock using a crud blue scout rifle. They definitely feel more viable as a weapon since they buffed them.

Decided to buy Cryptic Dragon instead. Already got one ages ago from an engram, but I dismantled it because I never use Scout Rifles. Gonna fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom