• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atilac

So in the case of cheesing Atheon, do the others do absolutely nothing, or is there a lead up towards the point where you can knock his ass down the ledge?

people that aren't helping to knock him off need to run off the ledge to the right.

Stand on the pillar -> ez mode

have seen people die up there all the time.

what works is two people staying in the center platform shooting harpies while the one who activates the portal stands on the pillar briefly. there are also two higher ledges on the left and right side where the harpies can't reach you.

a couple rockets or golden gun shots kill the adds in the portal in 10 seconds. if the oracles don't glitch on you you're basically done.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Ill be yelling a little later to night when i'm off work for a hand out on this Hard Atheon trip we got goin on.

I gotta ask... i thought the fix was in for this week? is it going to apply next tuesday??

edit: Just checked bungie.net "Next weeks hotfix" ... got it. Hook a gaffer up with that hard mode cheese!!! it's so good on crackers!

biaxident

Got 2 friends ready to go at 11, looking to see if I can get 3 more for normal vault. Haven't been in it myself so i'm no expert at it lol, my buddy has cleared though. I'm 27 titan, PSN ytse44. Let me know gaf on psn.

BadAss2961

So in the case of cheesing Atheon, do the others do absolutely nothing, or is there a lead up towards the point where you can knock his ass down the ledge?
Well, it's much easier for Warlocks to cheese if the group can make it through the timestream just once, giving everyone super meter. Otherwise, the others should just stay out of the way or jump off the ledge.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh man, I was gonna get a Truth, but an Unfriendly Giant just dropped.

Good enough? I don't think I need the exotic-ness of the Truth now...

Afterlife

Does anyone have the hard mode atheon checkpoint Destiny decided to glitch out on us during the gatekeepers part and didn't avance us.

W1SSY

Got 2 friends ready to go at 11, looking to see if I can get 3 more for normal vault. Haven't been in it myself so i'm no expert at it lol, my buddy has cleared though. I'm 27 titan, PSN ytse44. Let me know gaf on psn.

I am up to run it on my level 27 warlock. psn w1ssy

And the only exotic chest engram I purchased from Xur turned into Heart of the Praxic Fire...

YES!!!

Alright game, I can see you're trying to make amends for the shitty ass mats only raid rewards. Keep going.

I'm sticking with Rumble for now unless I'm already on a team. I keep ending up on such shit teams, even when we win it still feels unbearable.

Yaari

Well, it's much easier for Warlocks to cheese if the group can make it through the timestream just once, giving everyone super meter. Otherwise, the others should just stay out of the way or jump off the ledge.

Shit, staying out of the way is something even I can manage to do. I should have gotten involved in this one much earlier. Now its almost too late.

gatti-man

Fuck yeah bungie admitted the mythoclast nerf was too heavy and that the suros is still too op in pvp. Outstanding. Faith restored in bungie. Source the weekly update.

J-Rzez

Good thing they're fixing the mytho for people.

Bad thing they're making random ports and adding more rng especially to mechanics where people enjoy having roles. That hasn't worked out too well in the past and it won't work well now. It will turn off a portion of the people who raid now. Thus dwindling the number of people who experience the paltry content available further.

What a really dumb move bungie. Real dumb. You can tell they did no homework on this. And I question Luke Smith's past mmo experience. You would think they noticed all the flaws of mmos and loot games. Even their neighbors down the hall recently experienced this first hand with WoW and Diablo.

Oh and as par... No Last Word still.

Afrocious

As someone who's been taking extended breaks from Destiny, I ask everyone
why are you playing the game still if you're at endgame?

Not to be a rhetorical jackass, but I think my question is valid given the state of the game and little added to the game until December. Sure, we'll get tweaks and patches (some of them may be good, shockingly) but why go through the agony of hoping something good happens whatever Bungie plans on doing?

If it's an addiction, you do have a choice to stop playing.

So let me ask again, can someone please help me with Xyor or do I need to run this thing solo and fail? I could really use a hand with this. I am not good solo on these strikes.

gatti-man

Not to be a rhetorical jackass, but I think my question is valid given the state of the game and little added to the game until December. Sure, we'll get tweaks and patches (some of them may be good, shockingly) but why go through the agony of hoping something good happens whatever Bungie plans on doing?

Its fun.

daily grind is decent. i do the bounties and apply the experience to weapons or factions. then i hop into pvp or chill in the strike playlist. tuesday - fridays are great. it's the weekend where things slow down and mondays are awful.

if it was halo i'd just be chillin in multiplayer or forging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom