• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante316

As someone who's been taking extended breaks from Destiny, I ask everyone
why are you playing the game still if you're at endgame?

Not to be a rhetorical jackass, but I think my question is valid given the state of the game and little added to the game until December. Sure, we'll get tweaks and patches (some of them may be good, shockingly) but why go through the agony of hoping something good happens whatever Bungie plans on doing?

If it's an addiction, you do have a choice to stop playing.

Warlock at 30, never tried a titan so playing that. And I want my heart of praxic fire, and last word lol

ZangBa

Not to be a rhetorical jackass, but I think my question is valid given the state of the game and little added to the game until December. Sure, we'll get tweaks and patches (some of them may be good, shockingly) but why go through the agony of hoping something good happens whatever Bungie plans on doing?

There is nothing else to play until Tuesday. It's the only reason I'm still playing right now, I don't know if I'll even touch the game after Tuesday, to be honest.

AngerdX

Nice Lady Luck smiled on me tonight, hard raid done and i ended up getting the helmet, boots and the Timebreaker and Found Verdict shotgun with arc, so all in all a nice haul now to get 30. :)

Afrocious

I mean, yeah if you're into trying to get to 30 despite the RNG. However, that's utter bullshit and I find that answer to be a copout of an excuse considering there's only so many times anyone can do the same Nightfalls and killing Aethon, cheese or no cheese withstanding.

Are you serious?
I mean, yeah if you're into trying to get to 30 despite the RNG. However, that's utter bullshit and I find that answer to be a copout of an excuse considering there's only so many times anyone can do the same Nightfalls and killing Aethon, cheese or no cheese withstanding.

"It's fun" is a cop out answer? Does the world have to feel exactly how you do about things?

gatti-man

This might blow your mind but when i hit 30 ill still play. PLAYING the game is what i find fun. Pve and pvp.

Bizazedo

I like Crucible (I might be a fool for it). Lots of different builds to try.

And I like helping people through the raid.

Afrocious

daily grind is decent. i do the bounties and apply the experience to weapons or factions. then i hop into pvp or chill in the strike playlist. tuesday - fridays are great. it's the weekend where things slow down and mondays are awful.

if it was halo i'd just be chillin in multiplayer or forging.

Where I differ is that I've been in grinds that were less about RNG, and I cannot see what Destiny has going on at the moment with its grinds as they are. Getting weapons leveled up is fun, but what are you going to shoot? I'm glad I can do 12k from my Ice Breaker on Atheon without needing Weapons of Light, but there's not much else to be impressed about. Shoot, you even get to a point in the game where buying stuff from the endgame vendors is mostly pointless - even for endgame mats considering the raid gives you so many of them whether you want them or not.

Then there's the argument of how you can always find something to level up. This is true, but unless you're making a brand new character of a different class, you're already OP as it is at level 30. For me, I'd love to get the Heart of Praxic Fire, but so what if my cooldowns are faster? Who or what am I going to take advantage of since I have that perk? I definitely don't need it at all to do the most difficult content of the game considering we can kill Atheon in 2 or 3 portal transitions.

You Mr. Gap already have 4 mythoclasts. You have beaten this game. Not only do you have the best of what this game has to offer, but you've gotten past its dumb RNG limitations somehow. Shoot, I think hitting 30 is an apt stopping place until more content arrives, and to continue playing at a regular basis confounds me.

I say this as I'm at the point where I pretty much hop on to raid twice a week if they can take an hour or two at most, and to blaze through my nightfalls and weekly heroics. Other than that, the guns I like are maxed out, and again, I'm level 30.

Haines

Banned
How come they have no events announced??

I liked this weeks updatw. In a much better direction.

Excited to see what next patch is.

Had an idea: Raid Bounties/event thing.

RedFury

My god I finally got around to using bad juju since I've been playing with hawkmoon...and it is TERRIBLE. Wtf were you thinking Bungie!?

milkham

What way did you all do it? Should everyone else be dying from the right side?

thetylerdurden ran up there alone with his titan, kited him, made him back up into the spot with a couple of grenades thanks to his armamentarium and then he fell off, i know it sounds simple, we had to try a bunch of times before he got it, he changed his class for speed and tried to get up there before he started walking down the stairs,

edit: this was all before the teleport happened

Regarding Xur's offerings this week, if I already am sporting a Legendary launcher with Void damage (Admonisher III) is Truth still worth picking up once fully upgraded or should I hold out for Gal?

thetylerdurden ran up there alone with his titan, kited him, made him back up into the spot with a couple of grenades thanks to his armamentarium and then he fell off, i know it sounds simple, we had to try a bunch of times before he got it, he changed his class for speed and tried to get up there before he started walking down the stairs

We are on our 20+ attempt right now, with 2 warlocks and 2 titans

Yaari

Praise Xur for the Armamentarium! If only this stupid game allowed trading I'd donate some Rare Coins to this charity.

with all the bugs, and 'fixes' and balance issues with weapons, etc...

I really have to wonder just how much legit testing was done and how much of a total scramble it was to just get something out the door.

5 years, 500 people, 500 million dollars...there has to be a REALLY juicy story about this game's history. I just hope theres a chance to one day hear about it.

NextGen

I have Mythoclast and Epilogue (I was uber lucky with a hard raid Athion cheese) will these be a decent advantage when I run the normal raid fully though?

Afrocious

with all the bugs, and 'fixes' and balance issues with weapons, etc...

I really have to wonder just how much legit testing was done and how much of a total scramble it was to just get something out the door.

You want to know some insane shit I just thought up, oddly enough, in a sober state of mind?

What if all this nonsense was done on purpose in order to get people to look forward to every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom