• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I differ is that I've been in grinds that were less about RNG, and I cannot see what Destiny has going on at the moment with its grinds as they are. Getting weapons leveled up is fun, but what are you going to shoot? I'm glad I can do 12k from my Ice Breaker on Atheon without needing Weapons of Light, but there's not much else to be impressed about. Shoot, you even get to a point in the game where buying stuff from the endgame vendors is mostly pointless - even for endgame mats considering the raid gives you so many of them whether you want them or not.

Then there's the argument of how you can always find something to level up. This is true, but unless you're making a brand new character of a different class, you're already OP as it is at level 30. For me, I'd love to get the Heart of Praxic Fire, but so what if my cooldowns are faster? Who or what am I going to take advantage of since I have that perk? I definitely don't need it at all to do the most difficult content of the game considering we can kill Atheon in 2 or 3 portal transitions.

You Mr. Gap already have 4 mythoclasts. You have beaten this game. Not only do you have the best of what this game has to offer, but you've gotten past its dumb RNG limitations somehow. Shoot, I think hitting 30 is an apt stopping place until more content arrives, and to continue playing at a regular basis confounds me.

I say this as I'm at the point where I pretty much hop on to raid twice a week if they can take an hour or two at most, and to blaze through my nightfalls and weekly heroics. Other than that, the guns I like are maxed out, and again, I'm level 30.

level 30 to me is the point where i stop grinding because the game forces me to and start doing it at my own pace. i'll go back and do my favorite missions and playlists i enjoy not because i need to grind them to level up a piece of gear, but because i like shooting aliens in the face.

The RNG is very stupid and i don't think it's rewarding enough to play solely for that aspect. But the way the game handles is good enough for me to play it every day. It's the balance issues that will take me out of it and discourage me from logging on.

grimmiq

Any Atheon cheese groups need a lock? I'll go if I can waste your time and get the checkpoint on my Titan/Hunter ;p.

PSN: Chainshada

m9eQ9Rh.jpg

lol, hell yeah!

It was absurd that the vex was nerfed so badly in PvE.

As someone who's been taking extended breaks from Destiny, I ask everyone
why are you playing the game still if you're at endgame?

Not to be a rhetorical jackass, but I think my question is valid given the state of the game and little added to the game until December. Sure, we'll get tweaks and patches (some of them may be good, shockingly) but why go through the agony of hoping something good happens whatever Bungie plans on doing?

If it's an addiction, you do have a choice to stop playing.

I have a LV30 Titan and all I use it for is trying to kill Atheon on Hard so I can get the Vex Mythoclast. This, and doing the Nightfall strikes while hoping RNGsus gives me an Exotic.

These days, however, I'm levelling up a Warlock.

Dante316

Really really trying to play as titan , got to lvl 8, boredom set in. I don't think I can lvl it up to 27 anytime soon. Gnna play at my own pace , I have zero alt gear lol. Unless I make a warlock, which can automatically be 30 once lvl 20 reached..choices..choices.

Arrrammis

As someone who's been taking extended breaks from Destiny, I ask everyone
why are you playing the game still if you're at endgame?

Not to be a rhetorical jackass, but I think my question is valid given the state of the game and little added to the game until December. Sure, we'll get tweaks and patches (some of them may be good, shockingly) but why go through the agony of hoping something good happens whatever Bungie plans on doing?

If it's an addiction, you do have a choice to stop playing.

Anyone who has played a now-popular MMO from the beginning knows this type of situation. It's a great setup, great gameplay, and with future DLC it could be fantastic.

For me personally, It's a great get-together game with friends, and the simple gameplay of leveling up weapons is actually rewarding. I actually went and bought the new helmet from Xur even though I already have the Skull of Dire Ahamkara and the Heart of Praxic fire, just because it looked cool and so I had something to level. If you spend all of your time striving after the chance of an exotic, you're going to get burned, but if you start towards a measurable goal (for me, leveling up factions) and just let everything else happen, getting exotics or good legendaries is more of a pleasant surprise rather than the "well it's about damn time!"

Sometimes you just have to go in and make your own fun. Like doing the relic harvests only using sparrow kills, or exploring the very edges of the map. There's a lot more than people expect (Grotto on Earth, deeper in the Sunken city on Mars, etc.) that you don't go to in the story.

Yaari

Do you acquire the Atheon point by just being there and then leaving? I'll guess I spend my weekend hunting down that save point and bribing a warlock to help me out.

Arrrammis

Really really trying to play as titan , got to lvl 8, boredom set in. I don't think I can lvl it up to 27 anytime soon. Gnna play at my own pace , I have zero alt gear lol. Unless I make a warlock, which can automatically be 30 once lvl 20 reached..choices..choices.

I'm in that same boat... I bought the titan chest from Xur and have a full set of legendaries waiting, but I just can't get myself to suffer through the "story" to get there. I just got to venus at lvl. 11, and I've decided to only do the bounties, then go back to my lvl. 28 lock and burn some faces.

I am debating between making a hunter in my third slot or making a second lock so I can run the raid twice without worrying about leveling more gear.

Haines

Banned
I love dewtiny but when you hit end game its really hard to want to keep playing.

The combat and the world are just sooooo satisfying. That's the addictive part that keeps pulling me back after I realize I'm at end game.and nothing will really get much different

And I just can't fathom doing a new.character. not for a longgg time anyways

malfcn

Our PVE nerf was stronger than we intended and we are going to fix Mythoclast in PVE.

Where is the QA dept?
I thought the point of patches, and balancing and play testing was..things would be fixed.

Now it feels like things are pushed out, and when they are wrong "oops" is used.

EL CUCO

Got the raid ship and helmet. Sad that I only use exotic helmets on my hunter. Was hoping for raid pistol, hawkmoon, chest, boots or the sparrow -__-

I got the Sparrow and the Helm. Let me know if you need another lock back in there. I left to make space for others.

I'll be messing around with the daily

Got the raid ship and helmet. Sad that I only use exotic helmets on my hunter. Was hoping for raid pistol, hawkmoon, chest, boots or the sparrow -__-

I was hoping for anything but Atheons Epilogue :I

The guy that done it for us already had the raid helmet for locks, he ended up getting another 2!!!! Yes TWO more >.<

The loot system is fucked.

Kill me now.

I got the Sparrow and the Helm. Let me know if you need another lock back in there. I left to make space for others.

I'll be messing around with the daily

I just had an alt grab the checkpoint again with a guy I let get checkpoints for his alt and he beat it again for me (the same guy who did it for us). I just got the sparrow. So sad that my only other alt is level 7 right now.

Welp I guess next week I will try for the raid armor now. But I got the raid sparrow and spaceship so I am happy--ish

I was hoping for anything but Atheons Epilogue :I

The guy that done it for us already had the raid helmet for locks, he ended up getting another 2!!!! Yes TWO more >.<

The loot system is fucked.

Kill me now.

I'm convinced this loot system is random, just trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom