• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
As someone who's been taking extended breaks from Destiny, I ask everyone
why are you playing the game still if you're at endgame?

Not to be a rhetorical jackass, but I think my question is valid given the state of the game and little added to the game until December. Sure, we'll get tweaks and patches (some of them may be good, shockingly) but why go through the agony of hoping something good happens whatever Bungie plans on doing?

If it's an addiction, you do have a choice to stop playing.

I'm honestly pretty bored and fed up with the endgame RNG loot quests. I'll be rolling an alt over the next week just as something to do but this game is going on the shelf when Bayonetta 2 hits next Friday. The "fix" they're rolling out for Atheon was the last straw.

todd360

My friend got heart of the praxic Fire from xur engram today and just told me a few hours ago. He wasn't even trying to get it. Didn't even know it's best warlock exotic. Now he has both warlock chests. This game. This game.

Yaari

I just had an alt grab the checkpoint again with a guy I let get checkpoints for his alt and he beat it again for me (the same guy who did it for us). I just got the sparrow. So sad that my only other alt is level 7 right now.

Welp I guess next week I will try for the raid armor now. But I got the raid sparrow and spaceship so I am happy--ish

I'm convinced this loot system is random, just trolling

Do you acquire the point by just reaching it and then leaving?

EL CUCO

I just had an alt grab the checkpoint again with a guy I let get checkpoints for his alt and he beat it again for me (the same guy who did it for us). I just got the sparrow. So sad that my only other alt is level 7 right now.

Welp I guess next week I will try for the raid armor now. But I got the raid sparrow and spaceship so I am happy--ish

I'm convinced this loot system is random, just trolling

We see your loot cave updates, Bungie. We raise you a loot vault.
tyQlFYg.jpg

We're gonna get our shiiet pushed in on the Crota Raid, aren't we

Yaari

Yep. I know a few other gaffers were just giving out the points

Thanks. I'l try to find someone who can help me tomorrow, I'll pass it along to others and hopefully encounter someone who can finish the guy for me. Seems like a solid plan. I want my cheese.

gatti-man

My friend got heart of the praxic Fire from xur engram today and just told me a few hours ago. He wasn't even trying to get it. Didn't even know it's best warlock exotic. Now he has both warlock chests. This game. This game.

Yeah thats my body piece. Had it in the vault for a month before i equipped it since its my alt. It rocks. Got it when i was buying engrams for my titan primary.

I knew as soon as I left you guys would beat Hard mode, so you're welcome! Getting fed up with this game like you wouldn't believe. Did it on normal before I joined you guys and got Ass Energy and a duplicate Shader. Rahool can die in a solar grenade.

Cruxist

Had some wine with Atheon earlier, but the only cheese he provided was another sparrow and Visions of Conflux again.

Thanks brah...

Ken

Well, got my third Timebreaker and some energy from Atheon...

I think I'll give the raid one more week before I give up.

Got a chance to try my first ever raid this morning, played up to the stage where you pick up the relic, how many more stages are there?

Love all the different mechanics, really wish we could experience it outside of the raid levels. Kind bummed all I got was some ascendant shards, but considering I Have never got a random legendary or exotic drop I am not surprised .

I know never to gamble because based on destinys random drops I would never win,

NeOak

Finally cheesed the boss. Got the ship and shards.

I already have "Chasing Infinity" which is the Queen's ship and IMO, that one looks better.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not feeling the coming update. When will it take place or has it already?

Nerf Suros? I'm cool with that.

Rebuff Mythos? Okay.

Make boss not cheesable? Sweet with me.

Oh, make teleporting to boss oracles in raid random? Gtfo....

I'm just through and through getting convinced Bungie has NO CLUE what they are doing with this game. It also is signs of them as a design company and that only a handful helped make Halo what it is, and spreading their team for Destiny just showed how loose they are when more randoms get tossed into the mix.

Either way I like the game, and have spent insane amounts of hours...will continue to do so, but if the new CoD is half decent I'll punch in less and less time until MGS5 Online hits or The Division is out. Time is just ticking for Destiny on grabbing my time...

Ken

What are ya lookin' for?

Raid gear. This is my third week of raid and I've gotten 0 pieces of armor. Meanwhile everyone else in my group is decked out and are 29 and 30s already.

I can't even use this third Timebreaker since I don't have three characters. :/

Fitts

Came home drunk. Decided to play some Destiny.

Good: I decided to take my once-trusty (pre-patch) Shadow Price into Crucible again. It just sort of... flowed for me and I actually did well. Perhaps I wrote it off too hastily.

Bad: I got the last few marks I needed to hit 150. I went to the Vangard weapon seller and started inspecting my prospective purchases. Instead of hitting triangle on one, I hit X. That was on the Super Pox VLO, a pulse rifle. I've barely used pulse rifles. Is there anything worthwhile about it at all or did I just cash in my marks for ascendant energy?

MADGAME

If those handouts are on Xbox One and valid for a level 28 sunsinger then we have ourselves a cheesy deal...

PSN, sorry!

Send friend request, I'll accept then just join. You'll get the checkpoint and be on your way. Please be patient, this seems to be popular lol and PSN is being finicky. You will get it if you want it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Came home drunk. Decided to play some Destiny.

Good: I decided to take my once-trusty (pre-patch) Shadow Price into Crucible again. It just sort of... flowed for me and I actually did well. Perhaps I wrote it off too hastily.

Bad: I got the last few marks I needed to hit 150. I went to the Vangard weapon seller and started inspecting my prospective purchases. Instead of hitting triangle on one, I hit X. That was on the Super Pox VLO, a pulse rifle. I've barely used pulse rifles. Is there anything worthwhile about it at all or did I just cash in my marks for ascendant energy?
Pulse Rifles aren't bad. They require precision, and don't expect to melt anything down like you would with a nice auto rifle -- slow and steady my friend. Good range though.

Rixxan

after some time with this update i feel like the only real thing it did was make lesser auto's less effective against the suros

suros is just as strong as ever if not more so now that it has even less in the way of AR competition

but going by that community update it looks like its getting a nerf?

who knows

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12295

"We don’t want any one Exotic to be the only answer to the question “what should I bring into PVP.” Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective in PVP compared to other Exotics."

lunlunqq

I have concluded that the system cannot be truly random. I have got 5 exotic bounties for my main and all 5 times the same group of 3 tasks. FFS. Then today I got another one for my alt hunter, and guess what? Exactly the same group... Image you flip a coin and it's head for 6 consecutive times! That's a fucking 1.5% chance... The system is pure trolling, not random...:(

Yaari

PSN, sorry!

Send friend request, I'll accept then just join. You'll get the checkpoint and be on your way. Please be patient, this seems to be popular lol and PSN is being finicky. You will get it if you want it.
Can I please have it? I never cheesed before, but before they fix it I would love the opportunity. I will pay it forward before I clear it, so that more people can enjoy the cheese.

Psn Stfndt

Do I have to die in there to get the point?

Key2001

I have concluded that the system cannot be truly random. I have got 5 exotic bounties for my main and all 5 times the same group of 3 tasks. FFS. Then today I got another one for my alt hunter, and guess what? Exactly the same group... Image you flip a coin and it's head for 6 consecutive times! That's a fucking 1.5% chance... The system is pure trolling, not random...:(

It wasn't until my 9th exotic bounty (which was last night) that I got something besides the Thorn, Bad Juju and Invective bounties.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Any warlocks want to help cheese an Atheon Hard checkpoint? Psn: OldKingKratos

Once we get a Warlock who knows how to, I'll open invites to other gaffers :)

MADGAME

Can I please have it? I never cheesed before, but before they fix it I would love the opportunity. I will pay it forward before I clear it, so that more people can enjoy the cheese.

Psn Stfndt

Do I have to die in there to get the point?

Inboxed. You at least need to have completed the raid on normal for the hard option to be selectable. If you don't have the option to select hard, you can join my party to beat him after everyone who wants the checkpoint gets it.

lunlunqq

It wasn't until my 9th exotic bounty (which was last night) that I got something besides the Thorn, Bad Juju and Invective bounties.

That's just crazy. There is less than 0.2% chance for that to happen if it's truly random and either group has the same chance to appear. It has to be bullshit. :mad:

Raxus

Inboxed. You at least need to have completed the raid on normal for the hard option to be selectable. If you don't have the option to select hard, you can join my party to beat him after everyone who wants the checkpoint gets it.

Still cheesing? I need to get the checkpoint on a couple of my alts.

lunlunqq

Any warlocks want to help cheese an Atheon Hard checkpoint? Psn: OldKingKratos

Once we get a Warlock who knows how to, I'll open invites to other gaffers :)

Lvl29 sunlock. I have only tried the cheese once before but not successful. Mind if I join you to join again?

E92 M3

Truth be told, the Suros is the king of PVP right now. They should bring it down just a notch and make the Vex equal to it. I think the Suros just has great abilities. Should've bought it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom