• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GutZ31

0/10 name

Why not just "DestinyGAF"?

It's going to be obsolete when 2.1 comes out.
First person to be added to the community blacklist!
90% of our current DGaf community can't even take part in the feature. Drizz or whoever are free to make a community at any time with a better name.

Lol I keep going too far when trying to jump to the top of the Bridge for Crota and I'm clipping into an area where all the textures dissappear and I can see the oversoul.

... Wait, something, some comments... seem to be missing. Where'd they go?

tumblr_lrc0ahHnht1qabfx1o1_500.gif

GhaleonEB

... Wait, something, some comments... seem to be missing. Where'd they go?

Gorgons spotted it, wiped them out.

Sometimes the moderation team cleans up off topic or derailing posts. I came home after a 12 hour day at work (on the heels of a 16 hour day prior) and made one (for the record, I thought it was hilarious, but yea). Cleaned it up 60 seconds later but it was already quoted like, six times. You people are quick. Let's drop it. :p

Got my Hori FPS pro today. Got delivered super fast! Ordered it on Sunday...

So far I tried it out and holy shit I am in love. The triggers and joysticks feel perfect to me <3

So far I tried it out and holy shit I am in love. The triggers and joysticks feel perfect to me <3

I ordered one today. Were you able to program turbo and all that? I've heard it can be a pain. I'm excited to have a more XB1-like controller on my Ps4... Should be great for Destiny.

Kalamari

How do you plan to hook up your headphones and mic? Do you have a mix amp or some other plan?

(I ordered mine today too)

Is it really that good? I really like my DS4, but it could be an decent backup controller.

I hear it's more substantial feeling which should be good for my larger hands. That's why I think I like the XB1 controller more. I have kontrol freaks on my DS4 right now which helps.

I heard the horipad has longer sticks as well but I can confirm. Maybe mass can?

LTWood12

DGAF 2.0
PS4 Community for firmware 3.00 Beta has been created.
Once everyone can get their hands on 3.00, I will give mod power to drizz, hawkian, and anyone else that feels they are capable of keeping up with invite/requests.

If you already have firmware 3.00 beta, you can request to join by looking for "DGAF 2.0" in the Discover Communities area.

*will be out of town the week of release
*wont get to raid Friday
*doesn't have 3.0
*can't join the DGAF community
*feels like 7th grade, getting to the lunch table late and all the cool seats are 'taken'

Xplicitone and I will form a new cool kids table the week after. We'll be wearing Abercrombie and bumping three six mafia in our Toyota Supras.

Frenden

Banned
*will be out of town the week of release
*wont get to raid Friday
*doesn't have 3.0
*can't join the DGAF community
*feels like 7th grade, getting to the lunch table late and all the cool seats are 'taken'

Xplicitone and I will form a new cool kids table the week after. We'll be wearing Abercrombie and bumping three six mafia in our Toyota Supras.

Same boat, dude. Add me to the sad list, haha. I have friends in from out of town that weekend. The 14th is my wife's birthday.

Hit Crucible rank 2 and have 200 marks. What's the best starting point for a hunter? Gloves and chest? Helmet? I have no legendary items and am sitting at 24 light.

Also, suggestions on carnivore versus sanction?

LTWood12

Same boat, dude. Add me to the sad list, haha. I have friends in from out of town that weekend. The 14th is my wife's birthday.

Let's be sad together, and don't let anyone know I record Dragonball Z, Ronin Warriors, and Gundam Wing on the VCR every day to watch after school. That would kill my already struggling reputation.

Frenden

Banned
Let's be sad together, and don't let anyone know I record Dragonball Z, Ronin Warriors, and Gundam Wing on the VCR every day to watch after school. That would kill my already struggling reputation.

Do... do... I have to stop playing Magic the Gathering so the cool kids don't find out?

I ordered one today. Were you able to program turbo and all that? I've heard it can be a pain. I'm excited to have a more XB1-like controller on my Ps4... Should be great for Destiny.

I haven't tried the turbo yet and since all instructions are in Chinese I have to translate. Only tried it a little bit and I like it a lot. It's really light but the joysticks and triggers IMO are he best thing plus you have a target button under the left part where you can get accurate head shots by slowing movement of left stick.

Is it really that good? I really like my DS4, but it could be an decent backup controller.

I pretty much played on the Xbox Type S controller and 360 controller pretty much all through my teens and college years with halo so it feels great to me. I love the DS4 but recently my second Ds4's R2 button went to shit so this pad coming was perfect timing. I am just tired of the horrible build quality this ds4 controllers are built with. For such a great controller it's a shame.

How do you plan to hook up your headphones and mic? Do you have a mix amp or some other plan?

(I ordered mine today too)

I haven't tired to hook up a mic but I think I read in the GAF review thread for it that the gOld Wireleas Headset will work with it. I am
Gonna hope back on in a little to fully try it out. If not then I guess mix amp would be my choice but I think there might be cheaper options.

I hear it's more substantial feeling which should be good for my larger hands. That's why I think I like the XB1 controller more. I have kontrol freaks on my DS4 right now which helps.

I heard the horipad has longer sticks as well but I can confirm. Maybe mass can?

I can say for sure the sticks are longer and you can get better precision with them. I only tried it for like 15 min but will so in a half hour again. I am the same way though, I have larger hands and I have the control freaks on both my DS4's but this Hori Pad feels so much better. There is no headset jack or rumble though but IMO rumble is not needed and you can work around the no headset jack problem.

maomaoIYP

Hit Crucible rank 2 and have 200 marks. What's the best starting point for a hunter? Gloves and chest? Helmet? I have no legendary items and am sitting at 24 light.

Buy based on stats and perks that fit your needs. In general, you can't go wrong with +Int and +Dis stats. Buy gloves that give you quicker reload to your favorite weapon type.

Pulse rifles are staying mostly the same except for the medium RoF archetype. Everything else is getting small buffs except hand cannons. Even if that weren't the case the issue is that hand cannons are being tuned just because the three top tier ones are so good. They will still be good in the right hands but you can say the same about scout rifles now, that doesn't mean they're competitive. The hand cannon nerf is not very severe though. It's just range and accuracy stuff not damage.
As a pulse rifle user, this was a strange design choice. The medium RoF pulse rifles aren't the top tier ones, but yet they are getting a nerf.

taco543

DGAF 2.0
PS4 Community for firmware 3.00 Beta has been created.
Once everyone can get their hands on 3.00, I will give mod power to drizz, hawkian, and anyone else that feels they are capable of keeping up with invite/requests.

If you already have firmware 3.00 beta, you can request to join by looking for "DGAF 2.0" in the Discover Communities area.
I can't find the community...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

whichever piece gives the highest light. I think it's best to concentrate on raising the light level as quickly as possible.

GutZ31

I can't find the community...
I am not sure why, but communities seem to be a bit shaky at the moment.
The feature seems to stop updating after a little while, and is basically crashed, needing a restart to mess with it again.
Might want to try again tomorrow.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey I'm looking for some help. I got back into the game recently after quitting after launch and I want to do some end game stuff that I never tried. What's the easiest way to go about finding groups for the Raids and high level POE? I just want to find people that don't mind if I'm experienced. I'm a level 33 Hunter on PS4 with a few Exotics so I should be able to hold my own. Just feel anxiety about being inexperienced I guess.

taco543

Is in the "friends" tab
Or you mean find the dgaf. 2.0 comm.? I think you have to be friends with a member of that community, I don't think there's a way to search.
Yeah I think being friends is the only way to see it as of now.
I am not sure why, but communities seem to be a bit shaky at the moment.
The feature seems to stop updating after a little while, and is basically crashed, needing a restart to mess with it again.
Might want to try again tomorrow.

Yeah I'll rest and retry and if its not there, I'll stop lurking this thread and maybe send some requests. lol

Two games in a row with different teams each time I get put with randoms who go sub .5 k/d. I know everyone has different skill levels and I appreciate that and commend these guys for not getting discouraged, but I need some better luck with matchmaking.

Top Bottom