• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GutZ31

Does the list have a max number of people who can join? Friend lists are like 1000 right? Communities should be just as high right?

Edit: I should have just read a few posts down.
Looks like we won't have to worry about running out of room in the DGaf community on PS4.
Ehtmi9W.jpg

Over 2200 and still going for the beta tester group.

Here are a few more shots of community features.

i can be around for the next few hours

I'm guessing I might have missed you, but are you still available and are there any other first timers around?

If tonight doesn't work I'll be around all week doing more runs.

Hey I'm looking for some help. I got back into the game recently after quitting after launch and I want to do some end game stuff that I never tried. What's the easiest way to go about finding groups for the Raids and high level POE? I just want to find people that don't mind if I'm experienced. I'm a level 33 Hunter on PS4 with a few Exotics so I should be able to hold my own. Just feel anxiety about being inexperienced I guess.

You've come to the right place! People round here don't care about experience and try to help newer players as much as they can. Newbie raids every week, not too late to kill Skolas for your Moments of Triumph either (Lv33 is fine especially if you have GHorn but Lv34 is obviously better if you can get there). Just ask around and don't be shy about hopping into raid groups that others have posted.

Hit Crucible rank 2 and have 200 marks. What's the best starting point for a hunter? Gloves and chest? Helmet? I have no legendary items and am sitting at 24 light.

Also, suggestions on carnivore versus sanction?

If you have Vanguard Rank 2, buy their gauntlets. They're perfect for PvP: Int and Disc, hand cannon reload, and grenade throw distance.

YES FUCK YES! My marriage is saved! Thanks both of you and great work.

Skolas down! Drizz, Dark, amazing run. So happy, thanks so much.

A little bad luck couldn't slow us down, great job gentlemen! Very glad you both got redemption after having previous runs stall out at him.

Any Swordbearer around that can help with Crota hard?

I can hop in real quick if you still need help.

Is there any point in upgrading exotics that will have a year two version?

Because I think that when you get a year two version, you have to 're-level it anyway but I'm not sure

taco543

Is there any point in upgrading exotics that will have a year two version?

Because I think that when you get a year two version, you have to 're-level it anyway but I'm not sure

Not really, because yeah from what they showed off on the first live stream is when they bought the new year 2 exotic none of the upgrade rings were unlocked.

EDIT: But also to their benefit, you're supposed to be getting all the defense/attack from that gear like all the HoW exotics (except for consuming armor/weapons.) and all other unlocks are just towards perks.

PatDH

Anyone on Xbox doing Skolas, CE or VoG? Haven't done any of them sadly. Don't think ill get them done before the year 1 cut off but still keen to do them at some point and any help is appreciated. Cheers! :)

Skeletron

Hey guys...just picking up Destiny again after a little while. I'm at level 26 and have never done any of the raids. Do I have any hope of completing the Skolas, Aetheon, and Crota achievements before the 8th? (I'm on PS4)

ocean

Banned
Between Ghosts and Petra Targets I haven't killed, there's 230 Grimoire points. I'd jump to 3540 if I got those. A few more things I'm close to (7 more Skirmish wins, some Cabal enemies, a PoE 28 Cabal boss) and I'll reach 3590.

That's my goal for before TTK. The rest: Side Arms, Pulse Rifle, Ogres, Hydra, Rumble, Public Events, Patrol VIPs? Lol nevah.

Agh I would have joined you but I gotta be up in the morning. I could definitely use a Salvage train at some point though because I can't seem to get randoms that don't do dumb stuff like capturing a relic when the other team has all the heavy. :/

No problem, metal gear won't play itself haha

Juraash

Man I feel like I've barely been able to read this thread today. Work was so busy I couldn't even put the stream on as background noise.

I wound up spending most of the night on my Titan. My Warlock is in a place where I can't do much without messing up all my prep work. But I've found something I like to do in crucible, so at least I can run that with him. It's definitely a calm before the storm situation for me.

because of Destiny, I decided to backlog Metal Gear for the Christmas holiday, game is still going to be around then

Same here. I haven't played much of other metal gear games but I am really interested in this one because the gameplay looks really good and I just want to Fulton the world. Hearing about hear or on Giant Bomb etc is making me really tempted to pick it up, but I know once Taken King cones out that will be all I play until November and I already have a huge backlog that I don't need to add to.

Raybunny

Between Ghosts and Petra Targets I haven't killed, there's 230 Grimoire points. I'd jump to 3540 if I got those. A few more things I'm close to (7 more Skirmish wins, some Cabal enemies, a PoE 28 Cabal boss) and I'll reach 3590.

That's my goal for before TTK. The rest: Side Arms, Pulse Rifle, Ogres, Hydra, Rumble, Public Events, Patrol VIPs? Lol nevah.

I have good spots for Hydras and Ogres. In one hour you will do each.

Anyone streaming atm?

neoism

Forest pixie Hunter has grown on me. Now i must have it.

9095487489a6eb45596450de6e6de688.jpg

ttk_crucible_b_heroic_02.jpg

destiny-reveals-new-weapons-coming-in-the-taken-king-487684-5.jpg

DEstinyTTK_Shooter.jpg

86fa3be7d87c31a7257d2818181eec7c.jpg

4e1730c8006056da799678e39703f5c0.jpg
wow that looks boss fuck :O

so have missed any news mgs 5 has taken over me lyfe... also is it combined arms...between that and d3 season 4 fuck companies releasing everything at the same time..........

Where are the spots?

Ogre - shrine of oyrx (lowest difficulty) kill ogre die repeat
Hydra - Black garden don't scan conflux kill hydras die repeat (or just hang out the front of it on patrol)

Edit just checked 232 Hydras and 239 Ogres done add the 140 points of ghosts can boost my grimoire nicely

Nuszka

Morning dgaf. Seems like those community features in fw 3.0 might be very useful, will see how it will help in long run.

Dalek

Just wasted 3 1/2 hours in POE 35 without beating Skolas. I just feel so dejected. I won't be able to get the emblem in time now.

ocean

Banned
Just wasted 3 1/2 hours in POE 35 without beating Skolas. I just feel so dejected. I won't be able to get the emblem in time now.
Did your group fail at Skolas himself or a round before that? We could def. help out, there's still a few days :)

Dalek

Did your group fail at Skolas himself or a round before that? We could def. help out, there's still a few days :)

We died at Skolas. Tried many times-we could get to th mine section but the splash damage just did me in every time. Sucks. So frustrating.

Also I'm leaving on Friday to go away for the weekend so tonight and Tommorow were all I had left. I've spent the last weeks grinding destiny nonstop and my wife is pretty fed up with the game at this point. She wants to watch her shows. :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
We died at Skolas. Tried many times-we could get to th mine section but the splash damage just did me in every time. Sucks. So frustrating.

Also I'm leaving on Friday to go away for the weekend so tonight and Tommorow were all I had left. I've spent the last weeks grinding destiny nonstop and my wife is pretty fed up with the game at this point. She wants to watch her shows. :)

Is PoE all you got left?

Top Bottom