• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Nuszka

Crucible is horrible for EU countries at this time. Had 3 games back to back with literally 1 sec delays on kills. ugh.

All my factions are ranked so it only takes 1 bounty to rank up.

15 public event packages on each character sitting at the postmaster

2 cryptarc packages per character at the postmaster.

Keeping a few 5000 bounties that been completed.

Fuck bungie if they decide to do somthing so these things wont work! I feat that they will, no fun allowed and all that.

ocean

Banned

Fuck bungie if they decide to do somthing so these things wont work! I feat that they will, no fun allowed and all that.
You can only pledge 1 faction per reset so edging out all of them won't help you on week 1 :p

Deku Tree

I don't think they really care whether or not you do that... Seems like any level 34 should be able to reach 40 just by naturally completing the Story content etc without much extra effort. IMO the main reason to store PE packages is to more quickly upgrade your third subclass. Luke Smith said he wants players to reach max level very quickly.

Then they want you to keep playing to collect numerous different weapons and armor loadouts for different situations. The end game this time is all about gear variety.

By tomorrow morning I'm gonna have 17 PE packages on each toon. After that I'm gonna wait and see what happens after the patch on Tuesday. Otherwise I'm taking a break from Destiny until TTK drops.

E92 M3

I am still kinda upset that raid isn't on Tuesday. TTK launch will feel more like work instead of pleasure, but maybe it's just my OCD personality.

ocean

Banned
I am still kinda upset that raid isn't on Tuesday. TTK launch will feel more like work instead of pleasure, but maybe it's just my OCD personality.
Probably to prevent a repeat of the Crota situation, where people rushed in and frustratingly realized a lot of wipes later that it was just impossible unless you had a 31 Swordbearer.

This way you have some days to discover the new gear, abilities, bounties etc. and get a chance to gear up a little better.

Raiding with blue weapons and armor. This will be amazing :p I'm thinking 5-8 hours for world first?

Tecnniqe

Banned

I never mind that stuff, gives people who work long hours time to play and not feel "rushed" to get to the "endgame"

E92 M3

Probably to prevent a repeat of the Crota situation, where people rushed in and frustratingly realized a lot of wipes later that it was just impossible unless you had a 31 Swordbearer.

This way you have some days to discover the new gear, abilities, bounties etc. and get a chance to gear up a little better.

Raiding with blue weapons and armor. This will be amazing :p I'm thinking 5-8 hours for world first?

I never mind that stuff, gives people who work long hours time to play and not feel "rushed" to get to the "endgame"

I meant next Tuesday, not launch Tuesday lol. I wanted a week delay, but I think social media pressure got to them.

Kyne

my body is almost ready
for diabetes.

20150903_072958_zpsdhyhskce.jpg

Tovarisc

Only if I get one too. I really hope that swords are viable in the PVP meta, but I'm thinking they probably won't be viable due to a player's ability to spam rocket. Maybe when one steals heavy from the other team?

So every heavy ammo cycle when playing with team that is on the ball with blocking heavy ammo from enemy?

Am I only one who isn't über hyped to have swords?

Edit:
my body is almost ready
for diabetes.

All those sweet codes :/ "Hey, here XP booster. You just need live in US!"

noomi

I meant next Tuesday, not launch Tuesday lol. I wanted a week delay, but I think social media pressure got to them.

I don't mind it being release on a weekend, actually works out better for me that way.

I probably won't be able to raid anyway though.... not sure how long it will take to get to level 40 :eek:

Only if I get one too. I really hope that swords are viable in the PVP meta, but I'm thinking they probably won't be viable due to a player's ability to spam rocket. Maybe when one steals heavy from the other team?

I can see it now.... a sword only pvp mode. Bring it!

Lnkn52

WarlockLnkn52.gif

Looking to do it on a Saturday September 26, 2015 in the morning or evening; whichever works best for the party. We still are weeks out but I'll be bring this back up the closer we get to the date.

I may be up for that, I also may have a newborn (due late Sept). If not, I'd definitely be down for one last morsel of raid goodness before retreating into a dark hole.

Just got some news which will prevent my epic 3 day grind.

I had a blast discovering stuff day 1 with xplicit with HoW and I know he also needs a week. Count me in for a week-later blind run if you're starting a list? I'll 100% sure not be able to during the first weekend :(

Id say count me in but I have no idea how long it will be before I will be ready for the first run

I suppose Ill have enough time in after a week or so to have enough gear

Namikaze1

Well, that was a hilarious wolves attack. 3 Striker titans. 1 Wolves Fallen leader. We just kept punching him. No guns were used. The Wolves leader fell to our T-Rex arms.

LTWood12

I'll do a blind raid with you. Don't mind the wait.

Wow Lnkn that's very kind of you. Doing it blind isn't really that important to me, so go on ahead. Would love to do it my first time with you though, hopefully that next week if I can get geared up enough.

Namikaze1

4 more days of Public Events grinding. Just need 4 more freaking packages on my Hunter and Titan. 3 on my Warlock. Also trying to get them as close as possible to ranking up Rahool. I would rank up but it would take up a PE package spot.

E92 M3

I don't mind it being release on a weekend, actually works out better for me that way.

I probably won't be able to raid anyway though.... not sure how long it will take to get to level 40 :eek:

I can see it now.... a sword only pvp mode. Bring it!

All I know is that it's going to be a very hectic weekend haha.

Speaking of raids, when will we be doing the #Forever29 VoG HM raid?

I'd like to watch a stream of that!

LTWood12

WarlockLnkn52.gif

Looking to do it on a Saturday September 26, 2015 in the morning or evening; whichever works best for the party. We still are weeks out but I'll be bring this back up the closer we get to the date.

Go ahead and put me and T-44 down. Will let you know well ahead of time if either of us won't be able to make it. Thanks!

X-Frame

Was this mentioned here yet .. If you're 40 Light below an enemy you cannot do any damage at all. Saw it in Datto's recent Court of Oryx video.

When he was 200 Light he did no damage to 240 enemies. When he equipped new gear to get to 201 Light, he was able to do damage. So it seems like 40 Light = 4 Levels below right now with enemies being immune.

flkraven

Was this mentioned here yet .. If you're 40 Light below an enemy you cannot do any damage at all. Saw it in Datto's recent Court of Oryx video.

When he was 200 Light he did no damage to 240 enemies. When he equipped new gear to get to 201 Light, he was able to do damage. So it seems like 40 Light = 4 Levels below right now with enemies being immune.

Did the enemy have a question mark over his head?

E92 M3

40 is a huge delta with this new system. Everything seems to go up in small increments.

Very interesting! Getting some real math here

sooooo does this fall in line with his video on the 5% theory?

Looks like damage calculations are sectioned into ZONES based on the light recommendation as the base.

After that damage is calculated on the 40 light curve + the base stats of the weapon you are using.

ALSO. Does that mean that there is a damage CAP? Do you not get any more advantage if you are over 40 light above the recommended light?

Wow!

So numbers:-

Current gear is 170, but we will have 0 for our class item and artifact scores so we'll start with an average a bit less say 160.

We've seen blue gear from 200 up to...240(guesstimate/vague memory) maybe higher?

Most legendary gear shown in their streams is 280, but we have seen some pieces as low as 200 (so they seem to overlap with blues).

The exotic sword - possibly the pinnacle weapon in the whole game - is 310.

Tier 1 court of oryx was stated to be 190 light, Tier 2 was 240 light...I need to watch the planet destiny video again to see if he said what the Tier 3 level was.

Total guesstimate but the raid is going to be 280 or maybe 300.

Just looking at Court of Oryx you're going to need a full set of reasonable to good legendaries just to do Tier 2 "easily". By this I mean getting to say 220 light (halfway between no damage at 200 and full/normal damage at 240).

Tier 3 of court of oryx looks like it could almost be the same light level as the raid.

noomi

I've been playing mad max and really enjoying it guys... should.... should I feel bad?

I'll be hitting Destiny hard and pretty much exclusively after TTK so.... better enjoy it while I can :p

Nuszka

This is my worry, some will try to tackle it being under leveled and if that happens there might be situations like 8 hours spent with little to no progress.
Maybe I'm wrong here, we will se in 2 weeks.

Wow!

So numbers:-

Current gear is 170, but we will have 0 for our class item and artifact scores so we'll start with an average a bit less say 160.

We've seen blue gear from 200 up to...240(guesstimate/vague memory) maybe higher?

Most legendary gear shown in their streams is 280, but we have seen some pieces as low as 200 (so they seem to overlap with blues).

The exotic sword - possibly the pinnacle weapon in the whole game - is 310.

Tier 1 court of oryx was stated to be 190 light, Tier 2 was 240 light...I need to watch the planet destiny video again to see if he said what the Tier 3 level was.

Just looking at Court of Oryx you're going to need a full set of reasonable to good legendaries just to do Tier 2 "easily". By this I mean getting to say 220 light (halfway between no damage at 200 and full/normal damage at 240).

Tier 3 of court of oryx looks like it could almost be the same light level as the raid.

How much light does faction armor have now? 280?

I've been playing mad max and really enjoying it guys... should.... should I feel bad?

I'll be hitting Destiny hard and pretty much exclusively after TTK so.... better enjoy it while I can :p

Heck nah, I dove in headfirst with MGS and can't be bothered to prep for TTK anymore Lol. "Don't you ever tell me how to live my life."

Top Bottom