• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

E92 M3

I've been playing mad max and really enjoying it guys... should.... should I feel bad?

I'll be hitting Destiny hard and pretty much exclusively after TTK so.... better enjoy it while I can :p

Don't feel bad; I've been playing the witcher little by little lol.

How many days left to turn in those emblems, Nami? Gotta remember to do that when I get off work this afternoon.

The 6th is his deadline.

Is everyone going to the same level when the new patch hits with the new leveling system? Or will they revert you back to a lower level?

I'm kind of confused what my level will be when they go away from the light level system.

Is everyone going to the same level when the new patch hits with the new leveling system? Or will they revert you back to a lower level?

I'm kind of confused what my level will be when they go away from the light level system.

They'll use the gear you have equipped, in your inventory or in your vault to calculate the maximum possible light level for your guardian. That will be your level under the new system.

It will be whatever the highest level you could be right now while wearing the best gear you have in your vault, equipped, or on your person.

Heck nah, I dove in headfirst with MGS and can't be bothered to prep for TTK anymore Lol. "Don't you ever tell me how to live my life."

This exactly! I'm doing the same. It's refreshing. The last thing I want to do is anymore prep for TTK.

The worst part is the butter smooth PC FPS versus destinys 30fps. Hurt my eyes :(

It's so jarring. I did 3X NF this week and after playing TPP it took about 10 minutes for my eyes to adjust.

They'll use the gear you have equipped, in your inventory or in your vault to calculate the maximum possible light level for your guardian. That will be your level under the new system.

It will be whatever the highest level you could be right now while wearing the best gear you have in your vault, equipped, or on your person.

Interesting. Thank you. I was hoping for that. Was kind of worried that they would just drop everyone to 20. The previous experience level cap.

Tjamato88

I've been playing mad max and really enjoying it guys... should.... should I feel bad?

I'll be hitting Destiny hard and pretty much exclusively after TTK so.... better enjoy it while I can :p
I keep seeing the icon for TPP but I just keep ending up grinding in Destiny instead haha.

Witcher 3, Arkham Knight and TPP forever unfinished :cries:

Same, gonna grind the 3 days and raid at zero hour.

We should finalize the 6 and decide who is going to level which subclass first. I'm leaning towards titan or hunter.

We'll probably need at least 1 warlock...wonder who will draw the short straw on that one :p

Sounds good dude. X-Frame had expressed some interest, not sure how many if any of our reset raiders will be available. We should talk about it next reset if we don't hear from people by then. I'll ask Stabie about it tomorrow during Trials.

Edit: also I'm planning to level all 3 subclasses by Friday. Maybe that's a terrible idea but I'll give it a shot. Probably Hunter, Titan then Warlock.

I'm thinking 5-8 hours for world first?

I'm guessing it'll be more than that since they've been very explicit about King's Fall being the biggest raid yet. Luke's comments felt like a direct reference to the CE disappointment, especially how short and small it was. Iirc VoG world's first took at least 10-12 hours so I'm guessing somewhere in that ballpark. Of course the game was only a week old then but there'll be a lot of uncertainty this time too with all the new subclasses and gear.

Personally I'm hoping for at least 3 raid bosses and 12+ hours to clear.

Lnkn52

Sounds good dude. X-Frame had expressed some interest, not sure how many if any of our reset raiders will be available. We should talk about it next reset if we don't hear from people by then. I'll ask Stabie about it tomorrow during Trials.

Edit: also I'm planning to level all 3 subclasses by Friday. Maybe that's a terrible idea but I'll give it a shot. Probably Hunter, Titan then Warlock.

I'm guessing it'll be more than that since they've been very explicit about King's Fall being the biggest raid yet. Luke's comments felt like a direct reference to the CE disappointment, especially how short and small it was. Iirc VoG world's first took at least 10-12 hours so I'm guessing somewhere in that ballpark. Of course the game was only a week old then but there'll be a lot of uncertainty this time too with all the new subclasses and gear.

Gulp, how am I going to break this to my girl.

I weirdly have no interest in blind raiding. That kind of stuff gets too frustrating for me. I'll gladly tag along a week later when everyone knows what the h they're doing.

It's not like it won't still be hard lmao

LTWood12

Yeah I think it'll be at least that long. 3 bosses sounds about right. I also suspect the puzzles to be tough to crack the first go around, and more of them. Also expect to be more exploration involved, hidden treasures to find, and more loot drops than we've seen prior.

Deku Tree

I'm thinking the King's Fall raid has mechanics that are designed around the new subclasses.

So maybe some of the unique perks at the end of the new subclass trees will at least initially (before clever strategies are developed) be very important for making it much easier to clear the Kings Fall encounters.

Also given that a lowly Tier 2 public event had level 41 enemies. I would expect to see much worse under-leveling going on in the Raid.

KxoZz

Yeah I think it'll be at least that long. 3 bosses sounds about right. I also suspect the puzzles to be tough to crack the first go around, and more of them. Also expect to be more exploration involved, hidden treasures to find, and more loot drops than we've seen prior.

12 hours is a bit long imo. 8 is long enough. I'm hoping they will hide a bunch of secrets in there that will take months to find. That will keep it relevant.

Heck nah, I dove in headfirst with MGS and can't be bothered to prep for TTK anymore Lol. "Don't you ever tell me how to live my life."

I've just been playing Megaman Legacy to kill time between now and next Tuesday.

Next Tuesday I will probably kill my Warlock for the third time and start again.

X-Frame

Did the enemy have a question mark over his head?

Weirdly, some of them did have a question mark. Like when he starts talking about this in his video the cursed thralls he is shooting at (and doing damage to) have question marks. Same with an Orge he is doing damage to a bit later. So I have no idea about that since they had Level 40 characters.

flkraven

Weirdly, some of them did have a question mark. Like when he starts talking about this in his video the cursed thralls he is shooting at (and doing damage to) have question marks. Same with an Orge he is doing damage to a bit later. So I have no idea about that since they had Level 40 characters.

He was doing damage to them? What do question marks even mean anymore!?!?

I wonder if it is still coded to show question marks based on level, so when it sees you at level 40 and an enemy at level 45, it makes them a question mark even though you have 280 light and can easily damage him.

*will be out of town the week of release
*wont get to raid Friday
*doesn't have 3.0
*can't join the DGAF community
*feels like 7th grade, getting to the lunch table late and all the cool seats are 'taken'

Xplicitone and I will form a new cool kids table the week after. We'll be wearing Abercrombie and bumping three six mafia in our Toyota Supras.

Same boat, dude. Add me to the sad list, haha. I have friends in from out of town that weekend. The 14th is my wife's birthday.

Hahaha you hit all the points. It's like when there are 11 people and captains pick teams for 5v5. You end up being the one not chosen, even though you were one of the first ones there.

Sofa King

I don't know if it has been addressed, but after spending more on DLC than on the vanilla game I sure hope they drop another 1000 gamerscore in achievements (and trophies) with TTK.

I don't know if it has been addressed, but after spending more on DLC than on the vanilla game I sure hope they drop another 1000 gamerscore in achievements (and trophies) with TTK.

There's a list floating around. Most of them are story based but a few require fully upgrading the new subclasses. As far as if the list is real I'm not sure.

flkraven

Probably not. TDB and HoW didn't.

Weren't nearly everyone upset by that though? I mean, is it really that hard to chuck a few story-based achievements in a DLC?

Also, have they mentioned how much grimoire is being added? I know us Xbox people will get some of that sexy, 1-year-exclusive Playstation grimoire soon!

Ambitious

Rubenov still hasn't accepted the friend request I sent on Sunday. Weird. I was hoping he and Wicked could help me to Mercury this weekend, if they're not fed up with carrying yet.

Was looking back at the Tower reveal stream and noticed that New Monarchy gear has INT/STR and DISC/STR. So the whole faction specific stat combos appears to be going away.

Which is good, because I'm not loving FWC's clown colors.

Consider an exotic sword with 35 ammo/energy
There was a perk on the Sword itself that increases the ammo/energy max.

R1 took off 2 energy
R2 took off 5 energy

If a single R1 attack can kill a Guardian, that means this weapon could land approx. 18 kills by itself without running out of energy. Granted, that would require getting 2 Heavy Ammo containers in PvP. What's more likely is receiving a little more than half of that. So probably someone around 10 kills worth of ammo.

The R2 attack seems to have an AoE component to it, as 1 swing had 3 different damage numbers pop up.

noomi

Is there a DGAF Community on PSN? I'd like in if so.

I'm not sure if they exist yet, that supposed to be in PS4 Firmware 3.0, still in beta.

Rubenov still hasn't accepted the friend request I sent on Sunday. Weird. I was hoping he and Wicked could help me to Mercury this weekend, if they're not fed up with carrying yet.

He hasn't really been around since the weekend I dont think. He is usually more active Friday - Sunday

LTWood12

12 hours is a bit long imo. 8 is long enough. I'm hoping they will hide a bunch of secrets in there that will take months to find. That will keep it relevant.

Well I'm sure within a couple weeks we'll have it down to 3 hours or so. First time just takes ages.

flkraven

Does anyone know if us Xbots will get the year 1 PS exclusive stuff on September 8th? The game was released Sept 9 2014, so this patch is hitting exactly 1 year later.

darthbob

Was looking back at the Tower reveal stream and noticed that New Monarchy gear has INT/STR and DISC/STR. So the whole faction specific stat combos appears to be going away.

Which is good, because I'm not loving FWC's clown colors.

Would be nice to get some Int/Disc Dead Orbit gear from the Arach in TTK. :/

j-wood

You know what would be a cool idea? Start a Destiny hangouts and everyone can join! I don't think hangouts has a max person limit does it? Or we could start a line group.

Just something to give instant chat ability, would make it super easy to find groups.

I want to play the old strikes before TTK releases!

I still have yet to play Undying Mind

It was never a required strike, has no significant rewards and was never in the playlists since its exclusive (or maybe its vanguard Roc which no one plays)

Im happy that they are remixing everything!

Top Bottom