• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

ocean

Banned
Consider an exotic sword with 35 ammo/energy
There was a perk on the Sword itself that increases the ammo/energy max.

R1 took off 2 energy
R2 took off 5 energy

If a single R1 attack can kill a Guardian, that means this weapon could land approx. 18 kills by itself without running out of energy. Granted, that would require getting 2 Heavy Ammo containers in PvP. What's more likely is receiving a little more than half of that. So probably someone around 10 kills worth of ammo.

The R2 attack seems to have an AoE component to it, as 1 swing had 3 different damage numbers pop up.
A good machine gun with a large clip is also theoretically capable of wiping the entire enemy team several times over. How viable this is will depend on how much damage you can tank while wielding that thing. Going samurai on a guy who's got a loaded rocket launcher could be tricky. G&H will thankfully get nerfed so that will help a little.

Still; blink-sword *has* to be a thing. Can't wait.

flkraven

You know what, they should release the raid on Friday, but with a req light level of like 60. You know for a fact everyone would spend their time trying to cheese it before TTK drops. Would be hilarious.

E92 M3

What is the difference between a guardian and a parasite? A guardian builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?' A guardian creates. A parasite says, 'What will the vendors think?' A guardian invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of Oryx... '

Homeboyd

The raid will have us fighting taken guardians that were captured by Oryx
I've been speculating that this will be a thing for a while as well. Or if it's not, it should be.

Would be awesome fighting a series of 3 'bosses' that use the supers/abilities of a hunter, titan and warlock. Can just see a blinking, matador carrying hunter using his void bow to trap you and then arc bolt you to death.

bitsurugi

4 more days of Public Events grinding. Just need 4 more freaking packages on my Hunter and Titan. 3 on my Warlock. Also trying to get them as close as possible to ranking up Rahool. I would rank up but it would take up a PE package spot.

Say we got em 20. What happens if we get something new in postmaster? Which one gets deleted, new or old? Sitting at 18-19 per char, but am afraid to max them out, don't want to miss a package or some items when TTK comes out.

A good machine gun with a large clip is also theoretically capable of wiping the entire enemy team several times over. How viable this is will depend on how much damage you can tank while wielding that thing. Going samurai on a guy who's got a loaded rocket launcher could be tricky. G&H will thankfully get nerfed so that will help a little.

Still; blink-sword *has* to be a thing. Can't wait.

Also, it's not a guaranteed kill ESPECIALLY since swords block and ESPECIALLY since everyone could theoretically get swords at the same time.

I WANT MAYHEM SWORDS PLOX

flkraven

Honestly, I don't think 'light' actually does anything anymore. I think it will literally be treated like a gear score number. If your currently maxed rocket launcher does 200 damage when you are level 40 + 200 light, I think the exact same rocket launcher will does the exact same damage when you are 240 light. Light is basically a summary of how good your gear is as an easy prep tool for getting into raids.

ocean

Banned
I've been speculating that this will be a thing for a while as well. Or if it's not, it should be.

Would be awesome fighting a series of 3 'bosses' that use the supers/abilities of a hunter, titan and warlock. Can just see a blinking, matador carrying hunter using his void bow to trap you and then arc bolt you to death.
I'd break a controller if a bot fists of panic me.

flkraven

What if it's like Journey, and at some point during the raid you bump into another fireteam of 6 (sort of like a public zone). Friend or foe?

E92 M3

They will all be using Thorn - and appropriately so ;)

Feorax

Think I'll go for a dead orbit armour/shader with my stormlock and hope there's a red sword.

Going all out Sith-Lord on this shit.

Gordon

What is the difference between a guardian and a parasite? A guardian builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?' A guardian creates. A parasite says, 'What will the vendors think?' A guardian invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of Oryx... '
Who is Galt-44?

Frostburn

Not sure if it has been discussed yet but is anyone worried about trolling in the Court of Oryx? I feel like other fire teams might try to go in and kill the exploding thralls before they get close to the boss, kill one of the three wizards over and over so they can't be brought down at the same time, etc.

Sorry JUST got around to watching a bit about it and this popped into my head.

Deku Tree

The raid will have us fighting taken guardians that were captured by Oryx

Yes it should be Eris' lost Raid team:

Eriana-3 (warlock)
Toland the Shattered (Warlock)
Vell Tarlowe (Titan)
Omar Agah (Hunter)
Sai Mota (Hunter)

Except that they were all killed by Crota supposedly... but we don't really know if Taken can be returned from the Dead ... probably they can because Guardians are returned rom the Dead so...

TTK is Destiny/Bloodbourne.

noomi

I made one, but it looks like you need to be a friend, or a friend of a friend to find it.

DGAF 2.0
In Communities.

GutZ31 is my PSN if you would like to be added.

I'm confused, I thought it was for PS4 3.0 Firmware?

Either way, if it's possible I would like to be added as well, thanks :)

flkraven

Not sure if it has been discussed yet but is anyone worried about trolling in the Court of Oryx? I feel like other fire teams might try to go in and kill the exploding thralls before they get close to the boss, kill one of the three wizards over and over so they can't be brought down at the same time, etc.

Sorry JUST got around to watching a bit about it and this popped into my head.

But they can't start their sacrifice until yours is finished, so the incentive really isn't there, right? I mean, when the wolves prowled people could troll too but the generally didn't. Heck, most people stand by the chest and wave to help people. For the most part, the Destiny PvE community is great.

Also, everyone gets loot for contributing so why troll?

E92 M3

Who is Galt-44?

Who is indeed?

And gjall but it's fully ascended to year 2

Sounds like cheating to me!

Eriana-3 (warlock)
Toland the Shattered (Warlock)
Vell Tarlowe (Titan)
Omar Agah (Hunter)
Sai Mota (Hunter)

Except that they were all killed by Crota supposedly... but we don't really know if Taken can be returned from the Dead ... probably they can because Guardians are returned rom the Dead so...

TTK is Destiny/Bloodbourne.

That would make sense. I'm very sure Oryx has those powers.

I made one, but it looks like you need to be a friend, or a friend of a friend to find it.

DGAF 2.0
In Communities.

GutZ31 is my PSN if you would like to be added.

Is this the new community feature in PSN?

DUUUUDDDE

Do we even need this thread anymore?

And to be clear, a lot of Destiny's year 1 content is moving forward. Story missions (via the daily Heroic mission), strikes via the new playlists, Crucible (new bounties and playlists with year 2 rewards), Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner are both getting new year 2 gear, and most exotic gear from year 1 are all advancing. The only things that are not are Vault of Glass, Crota's End, and the Prison of Elders. The new endgame is the new raid, Court of Oryx/Dreadnaught patrol, Nightfalls, Heroic strike playlist, Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner and potentially some high end exotic quest lines. Which is...a lot.

Is anyone a little bit anxious about how good Destiny appears to be getting? Like, I'm worried about how much this thing is going to suck me. In a weird way, it was nice that it wasn't perfect, because it let me do something else. Destiny Year 2 is edging toward Infinite Jest territory.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man I was dealing with shit with my bank for 2 hours last and didn't end up getting to play anything at all to try out the Hori pad. Just made dinner, watched an episode of The Wire in bed and crashed. Bleh. I'll be able to try it out in the newbie raid tonight at least.
Omar Agah (Hunter)
Omar comin'

Frostburn

But they can't start their sacrifice until yours is finished, so the incentive really isn't there, right? I mean, when the wolves prowled people could troll too but the generally didn't. Heck, most people stand by the chest and wave to help people. For the most part, the Destiny PvE community is great.

Also, everyone gets loot for contributing so why troll?

Wasn't sure if you got the debuff if you fail as well (And then of course your consumable is gone)

The one saving grace though as you stated is in general the PVE community at large is always pretty polite and helpful, I know I really enjoy helping others when I come across them and equally enjoy others helping me out when they pass by me doing something. Overall I'm pretty excited for everything they've announced so far!

Is anyone a little bit anxious about how good Destiny appears to be getting? Like, I'm worried about how much this thing is going to suck me. In a weird way, it was nice that it wasn't perfect, because it let me do something else. Destiny Year 2 is edging toward Infinite Jest territory.

lmao
perfect analogy and 100% true in my case.

i'm legit not getting games anymore AND doubling down on desto by getting a PS4 so I can play with that side of the fence.

Incandenzariffic.

KxoZz

Are there any people looking to run the raid at launch? Trying to get an idea of how many people are going to try for a world first.

Not at all worried about being first. But will be there the minute it's unlocked, hopefully with a GAF team. That worked quite well last time.

Ambitious

Variks just returned two Elder Ciphers to me. Anyone feel like grinding PoE 34? Allegedly, if you kill yourself immediately after defeating the boss, the round will restart but you still get the points. Never tried that.

ocean

Banned
By far my favorite book. To see my favorite game compared to The Entertainment is funny and just a little bit unsettling :p

As someone getting back into it after a summer hiatus, is it actually going to be that good?

It won't be perfect and we can expect a substantial backlash after a couple of weeks :p

There's the realism...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It won't be perfect and we can expect a substantial backlash after a couple of weeks :p

noomi

I just had a killer game in Control with Praetorian Foil.

I wonder how Fusion Rifles will perform in 2.0 :eek:

Preatorian Foil is deadly in the right hands, there was a video a few weeks back with a guy completely dominating with it. I imagine it will become even more powerful with 2.0 (only in regular crucible playlists though)

I expect to hear some salty folks on the 8th.

"Ghorn sucks now, why bungie, WHY?!"

Is this the new community feature in PSN?

DUUUUDDDE

Do we even need this thread anymore?

We will always need DGAF OT.

No DGAF OT = Saaaaaaad noomi

deviant1

So with the Destiny 2.0 patch hitting on the 8th and the separation of light from character level, will that mean I can level my characters that aren't 34 to 34 before TTK hits? Or will they be stuck at their current level until the 15th?

Gammacide

I REALLY hope they fix the rotation of the strike playlists. 3 of 5 I was running for some quick marks have been the bloody Dust Palace. People see that and go to orbit. Ridiculous.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In Hawkian I trust to keep us afloat. (History tends to repeat itself)
Hehe. If nothing else, I do think that all the system refinement and tweaks to progression will make the game a less jarring experience from jump for new players, which is a big deal with the kind of model they're using. Gonna be quite a bit of fresh blood in the mix.

Homeboyd

If they would just allow planetary mats to stack as much as you want instead of being capped at 200, I think we have a game of the generation here. That's all it would take.

Omar comin'

understood_that_reference_avengers.gif

noomi

If they would just allow planetary mats to stack as much as you want instead of being capped at 200, I think we have a game of the generation here. That's all it would take.

Would love for the stack cap to be 10,000 hell I'll even take 1,000.

I probably have 8 slots taken up by materials at the moment. Could easily be 4 :(

*edit*

Here I am, at the top *waves*

Top Bottom