• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

If they would just allow planetary mats to stack as much as you want instead of being capped at 200, I think we have a game of the generation here. That's all it would take.

Is there even a reason to carry more than that anymore? Upgrades cost like 4 mats. You could buy 50 upgrades before ever needing to farm/purchase more materials.

E92 M3

If they would just allow planetary mats to stack as much as you want instead of being capped at 200, I think we have a game of the generation here. That's all it would take.

I've been saying that for years but Bungie refuses to bend for some reason!

Heck nah, I dove in headfirst with MGS and can't be bothered to prep for TTK anymore Lol. "Don't you ever tell me how to live my life."

Going to focus heavily on MGSV tonight and this weekend (4 day weekend). How am I even suppose to prep for TTK? I was trying to max out grimoire but I just have PVP grimoire left and I can do that after Destiny 2.0/TTK

flkraven

Is there even a reason to carry more than that anymore? Upgrades cost like 4 mats. You could buy 50 upgrades before ever needing to farm/purchase more materials.

46e98e549bec40664f25423354bba37466732da7debf4ccb410dc5527b22922f.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I feel like we should expect a liiittle more from a game of the generation :p

Homeboyd

Yeah but I already have like 1500 of each. This is after deleting stacks of 200 when I made my alts. Problem with stuff like this usually is; you just don't know how valuable they are and what they'll be used for in the future and how much they'll cost when you do. That's the whole issue with vault space to begin with in this game...

No one wants to delete anything because "what if they patch the thorn and it's suddenly not shit anymore?" "What if they make shotguns better, I'll definitely want to keep this one around when they do!" "What if they go back on their word and allow the Vex to be ascended? Better hang on to this one" etc...

In the case of mats; I don't know for sure, but there doesn't seem to be a reason they can't stack above 200. It would vastly improve my vault space with little effort.

Ambitious

I got a "Game world will reboot soon" message like twenty minutes ago. Has it rebooted yet? I've been playing Grow Home since then.

Space wizards using swords, energy bows, fire hammers and shooting electricity from their fingertips. And tons of guns.

Game of all time.

it cannot be overstated how pitch perfect graphic design and ui elevates it to guaranteed GoaT status instantly

its a perfect holistic experience

Yeah but I already have like 1500 of each. This is after deleting stacks of 200 when I made my alts. Problem with stuff like this usually is; you just don't know how valuable they are and what they'll be used for in the future and how much they'll cost when you do. That's the whole issue with vault space to begin with in this game...

No one wants to delete anything because "what if they patch the thorn and it's suddenly not shit anymore?" "What if they make shotguns better, I'll definitely want to keep this one around when they do!" "What if they go back on their word and allow the Vex to be ascended? Better hang on to this one" etc...

In the case of mats; I don't know for sure, but there doesn't seem to be a reason they can't stack above 200. It would vastly improve my vault space with little effort.

Why are you so afraid to play the game that you like?

Worse case scenario, you deleted all but 200 of each mat, You spend all of it, and then buy/farm for more materials, most likely buy, which means spending a currency that you likely wont have use for otherwise by the time in which you would have run out of said mats.

Worse case scenario, you deleted all but 200 of each mat, You spend all of it, and then buy/farm for more materials, most likely buy, which means spending a currency that you likely wont have use for otherwise by the time in which you would have run out of said mats.

so much this forever

i mean you can play how you like but the game (that we all love forever) is clearly designed to push you in a certain way. if that way is less fun to you, you've got a few options
a) stop
b) yell because bungie is actually listening

but hording to avoid playing the game the way bungie wants you to play the game seems weird for me

phen0m24

More than 80.
Stop stalking me you stalky stalker

I totally added you on XBL.

I don't honestly know if I care about the emblem on XB1, man. Completionist urge fading rapidly. I am not grinding public events all day Saturday. Forget it. That's what I was trying to do on Bone.

I was trying to be like Ji66a but he's a better d00d than I.

Homeboyd

I'm not? I don't know what this means though.
Are you referring to buying new mats pre-ttk or after? If pre, because I'm already capped at 200/200 marks on each character and would rather have the commendations for rep. If after, because legendary marks are going to be a lot more useful to purchase other gear and seem to be harder to come by.

At the end of the day; why not just increase the stack vs arguing about why it should stay at 200 for no other reason than "just deal with it and work around the seemingly pointless cap" point you've made?

Lee

Well said. However, you have to admit that Bungie created this attitude/fear/instinct in many players with the sweeping changes to guns/economies and no way to re-acquire dismantled old guns or gear. I will keep my Shadow Price into year 10, vault space be damned.

rNilla

Interested to see what people here think of the Hori pad other than that one dude that made a thread about it. It looks like a cheap piece of garbage cosmetically and reminds me of all the DS2s and third-party PS2 controllers I went through.

Kalamari

You can use a cheap USB audio adapter for PC. It will work too.

Thanks for the info, I think that will be my best option. I don't really feel like blowing the cash on a Sony Wireless headset or an Astro mixamp right now. Although, I bet the sound quality with the mixamp is probably pretty amazing.

I'm not? I don't know what this means though.

Are you referring to buying new mats pre-ttk or after? If pre, because I'm already capped at 200/200 marks on each character and would rather have the commendations for rep. If after, because legendary marks are going to be a lot more useful to purchase other gear and seem to be harder to come by.

At the end of the day; why not just increase the stack vs arguing about why it should stay at 200 for no other reason than "just deal with it and work around the seemingly pointless cap" point you've made?

Because your acceptance is 100% easier than anything Bungie could ever do.

Just increasing the stack requires dev time, test time, and implementation time.

hydruxo

I still have yet to play Undying Mind

It was never a required strike, has no significant rewards and was never in the playlists since its exclusive (or maybe its vanguard Roc which no one plays)

Im happy that they are remixing everything!

Yeah it was in Roc back after TDB but when HoW came out they left it out of the rotation for Dragon. Sucks because I actually like Undying Mind quite a bit.

dB Viper

Forgive me, but for the patch next week (Tuesday) is this the 2.0 settings as well as the pre-download of the TK content? So when 12 AM EST rolls around on Sept 14th we can just start playing TK without any extra downloads?

GutZ31

Forgive me, but for the patch next week (Tuesday) is this the 2.0 settings as well as the pre-download of the TK content? So when 12 AM EST rolls around on Sept 14th we can just start playing TK without any extra downloads?
This is likely, but not confirmed.

Dave_6

If I don't play MGSV tonight, I may try out bumper jumper for the first time and see if I can get acquainted with it.

Top Bottom