• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Are there any people looking to run the raid at launch? Trying to get an idea of how many people are going to try for a world first.

Me. DeathJR and possibly others from our reset raid group, maybe Unstable and/or Jigga. Afaik ZW and Bombastico will have to work. I'd definitely like a group of determined folks who have the time and interest to really tackle the new raid.

Rubenov still hasn't accepted the friend request I sent on Sunday. Weird. I was hoping he and Wicked could help me to Mercury this weekend, if they're not fed up with carrying yet.

Have you been to Mercury before? I'm sure they'll be doing more runs but I also know they've been getting a little worn with them. I'll be around this weekend and happy to help as long as there's another helper like one of them or Falifax or Unstable if he "unretires" or whoever.

I'm sure I'll be doing more Skolas Schools but otherwise I'm up for Trials.

Lee

Because your acceptance is 100% easier than anything Bungie could ever do.

Just increasing the stack requires dev time, test time, and implementation time.

Maybe, if we hadn't already seen it done countless times on Bungie accounts on stream. If it can be applied to those accounts, it must not be a hard change to implement for our account, correct? Just a design decision at this point to keep it at 200.

Kyoufu

Interested to see what people here think of the Hori pad other than that one dude that made a thread about it. It looks like a cheap piece of garbage cosmetically and reminds me of all the DS2s and third-party PS2 controllers I went through.

189.gif

Hori aren't PS2-era Madcatz.

Kalamari

Interested to see what people here think of the Hori pad other than that one dude that made a thread about it. It looks like a cheap piece of garbage cosmetically and reminds me of all the DS2s and third-party PS2 controllers I went through.

As notorious as Destiny is for chewing up your controller, I think if Destiny players had problems with the FPS+ we probably would have heard it by now. I think the biggest bonuses to the controller are it's trigger buttons (less travel than ds4 triggers), it's joysticks (that don't wear down so fast), and the programmable auto fire (good for semi auto/burst fire weapons.) Of course, the big disadvantage is the lack of mic jack, but that can be remedied with a usb audio adapter.

Homeboyd

Maybe, if we hadn't already seen it done countless times on Bungie accounts on stream. If it can be applied to those accounts, it must not be a hard change to implement for our account, correct? Just a design decision at this point to keep it at 200.
Yeah and with Kor's mentality, nothing should ever be fixed. Just accept the game the way it is because it's easier for you to just deal with it than for Bungie to do anything about it. I don't understand that approach but ok.

Which is why, my original point, this would the GOTG if they did it. ;)
Fair enough. I'm not even sure what I'm arguing at this point anyway. :p

Edit: oh... or you can be nasty about it...

Me. DeathJR and possibly others from our reset raid group, maybe Unstable and/or Jigga. Afaik ZW and Bombastico will have to work. I'd definitely like a group of determined folks who have the time and interest to really tackle the new raid.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. I'm already taking the 15th off from work, will probably take Friday afternoon off as well for the raid if I can find a solid group.

hydruxo

Yeah I don't like how it looks at all. I'd probably consider it though if it weren't wired. That makes it an instant no-buy for me because I have my PS4 on top of my entertainment center so the wire would be all up in front of my TV.

Anastasis

I know it is super early to be discussing, but would anyone be up for doing a super chill blind raid at launch that would only go 5 hours or so (at least I wouldn't be able to play longer than that as I will have to pick up my kids from day care)? I'm not an exceptional player, but would love the experience trying to figure out the mechanics blind in a no pressure environment.

I read all about VoG and CE before trying it because I worried about letting people down while playing, so if anyone is in the same boat, let's set something up!

Raybunny

If I don't play MGSV tonight, I may try out bumper jumper for the first time and see if I can get acquainted with it.

Took me about 1 day to get used to it. its been 6 days and I am doing as good as I did before without mastering it. Soon! soon!

Maintenance time? Time to install MGSV then

They increased heavy ammo stack limit from 20 to 100.

It can't be that big of a deal to do it. If it's a bit limitation, I'd imagine they could increase to at least 250 per stack.

I think the stack limit is there on purpose, same reason they don't increase the glimmer cap. It's a restriction to keep players from hording/encourage players to spend. It's not that they can't, it's that they don't want to.

Homeboyd

Fair enough. I'm not even sure what I'm arguing at this point anyway. :p

Edit: oh... or you can be nasty about it...
Apologies if it came across that way. I just disagree with the "accept it because it's easier for you to deal with it than it is for them to fix it." That's definitely 100% true, but it's true for anything else in the game that could be improved upon as well.

rNilla

I think I need to switch back to Default from Bumper Jumper. It's fine but I don't like Melee being on R3, especially for throwing knives. Who knows, maybe I'll hate default controls now.

Kyoufu

I think the stack limit is there on purpose, same reason they don't increase the glimmer cap. It's a restriction to keep players from hording/encourage players to spend. It's not that they can't, it's that they don't want to.

The issue is we get more (much more) materials than the opportunity to spend them, so they stack up and eat inventory space.

noomi

Apologies if it came across that way. I just disagree with the "accept it because it's easier for you to deal with it than it is for them to fix it." That's definitely 100% true, but it's true for anything else in the game that could be improved upon as well.

It's more of a pick your battles kind of thing, as I see it.

Bungie put that limit there on purpose a long time ago. Players complained about planetary mats in multiple ways.

Bungie met us halfway by allowing us access to mats in a much easier fasion, but to encourage people form really hording, they left the cap in place.

I know it can be a pain, but the work around just seems so easy that I wouldn't bother fighting against it.

I'm not saying you should just suck it up, just that on the scale of things that need to be changed, this one seems to be pretty low on the totem pole.

I'd like to think that is a respectable perspective.

The issue is we get more (much more) materials than the opportunity to spend them, so they stack up and eat inventory space.

I think this is a side effect of us not being a good representation of the average player.

There's a list floating around. Most of them are story based but a few require fully upgrading the new subclasses. As far as if the list is real I'm not sure.
They don't require fully upgrading the subclass, they only require unlocking the subclass (complete the mission that unlocks them.)

Anastasis

Did anyone mention this tweet from Dan Miller before concerning the music for the last gameplay trailer? I'm not sure how to embed a tweet so:

"People don't get Led Zep's 'Black Dog' == Oryx 'Black God'"

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dmiller360/status/638414216194461696[/tweet]

Can't wait till I'm in a panic situation in PvP or a raid, etc and push the wrong button lol.

I didn't waste any super with Jumper, the only thing that sometimes still gets to me is that I melee a lot after sniping. I rotate a lot, slightly pressing R3 which results in displacing air at the wrong moment. It will cost you some time to get used to it, to the point where you don't have to tell yourself "You have your super don't press X, don't press X!". But in the end it will pay off, especially in PvP. The ability to jump and aim at the same time has saved me from a lot of death traps :)

I still feel Bladedancing is pretty hard with Jumper, but I have a newfound love for Gunslingers now.

Raybunny

I didn't waste any super with Jumper, the only thing that sometimes still gets to me is that I melee a lot after sniping. I rotate a lot, slightly pressing R3 which results in displacing air at the wrong moment. It will cost you some time to get used to it, to the point where you don't have to tell yourself "You have your super don't press X, don't press X!". But in the end it will pay off, especially in PvP. The ability to jump and aim at the same time has saved me from a lot of death traps :)

I still feel Bladedancing is pretty hard with Jumper, but I have a newfound love for Gunslingers now.

Bladedance is only fine for Crota. Else gunslinger for life.

Homeboyd

It's more of a pick your battles kind of thing, as I see it.

Bungie put that limit there on purpose a long time ago. Players complained about planetary mats in multiple ways.

Bungie met us halfway by allowing us access to mats in a much easier fasion, but to encourage people form really hording, they left the cap in place.

I know it can be a pain, but the work around just seems so easy that I wouldn't bother fighting against it.

I'm not saying you should just suck it up, just that on the scale of things that need to be changed, this one seems to be pretty low on the totem pole.

I'd like to think that is a respectable perspective.

I think this is a side effect of us not being a good representation of the average player.
It is a very reasonable perspective. Though had Bungie not already made improvements at this level of the totem pole, I wouldn't be expecting additional moves. Vault space is one of their biggest gripes in the game. They're doubling it for weapons/armor, increasing inventory and consumables by 5 each, rolling telemetries into primary/special/heavy only... it always just seemed really odd (to me at least) to leave that cap in place when it could improve the vault space so quickly. It would probably open 15 spots for me immediately, but yeah I'm not representative of the average player by any means. I do also think there is something to be said about them encouraging us to spend our mats.

X-Frame

How long did Normal Crota's End take on the first day for the first group?

The first VoG group was like 13 hours right?

Mindlog

I am down for Raiding as soon as it opens. Just need to buy more Kale!
We can probably get at least 3 GAF groups.
A small Opening Hour 100 group might not be a bad idea.

A 100 group just for first hour Raid groups and a Raid specific thread (for the first week or so) would both be great tools.

noomi

For normal mode.... hmm I think it was a little under 6 hours for the record? I might be mistaken.

Hard mode... well that was a whole other beast :p

Falifax

Tomorrow might be the worst Trials yet in terms of opponent's weapons of choice as they wave goodbye to their scumbag loadouts.

Goodbye Thorn, Final round, Shot package.

Fuck you Thorn, Final round, Shot package.

GutZ31

I think Normal CE was about 12 hours faster than Normal VoG.

For normal mode.... hmm I think it was a little under 6 hours for the record? I might be mistaken.

Hard mode... well that was a whole other beast :p
https://mobile.twitter.com/Bungie/status/542369505247109120
Just over 6 hours.

Dave_6

You will most likely hurt yourself with your own grenades while trying to use a melee.

I'm going to play around in Patrol and do some bounties for a couple hours. Maybe I'll get adjusted a little bit in that time frame.

Rubenov

Rubenov still hasn't accepted the friend request I sent on Sunday. Weird. I was hoping he and Wicked could help me to Mercury this weekend, if they're not fed up with carrying yet.

Ah, sorry. A while back we beat this troll dude on trials, and he went to LFG And posted my GT saying I give free trips to Mercury. As a result, I'm bombarded daily with FRs and chat party invites. I try to screen for those with "GAF" on them, but am not always able to catch them all.

I'm also traveling this weekend so won't be doing trials till Monday.

Consider an exotic sword with 35 ammo/energy
There was a perk on the Sword itself that increases the ammo/energy max.

R1 took off 2 energy
R2 took off 5 energy

If a single R1 attack can kill a Guardian, that means this weapon could land approx. 18 kills by itself without running out of energy. Granted, that would require getting 2 Heavy Ammo containers in PvP. What's more likely is receiving a little more than half of that. So probably someone around 10 kills worth of ammo.

The R2 attack seems to have an AoE component to it, as 1 swing had 3 different damage numbers pop up.

And how many players can you kill with a machine gun in ideal conditions? You don't have to be right next to them, either.

The solution, as it has always been, is shoot them with a rocket. I doubt we will be seeing many swords as the heavy weapon choice in PvP, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm going to play around in Patrol and do some bounties for a couple hours. Maybe I'll get adjusted a little bit in that time frame.

I started in patrol as well, just as a joke and challenge with blazeuk. But you'll learn to control it by going into PvP and make mistakes imo :p

phen0m24

Did anyone mention this tweet from Dan Miller before concerning the music for the last gameplay trailer? I'm not sure how to embed a tweet so:

"People don't get Led Zep's 'Black Dog' == Oryx 'Black God'"

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dmiller360/status/638414216194461696[/tweet]

Dan is the man. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

Haybro

Can't wait till I'm in a panic situation in PvP or a raid, etc and push the wrong button lol.
Two months in and I still do this from time to time. I'm glad I switched though, it feels good jumping and aiming at the same time.

The only issue I still have is meleeing while hardscoping in pvp. Can't seem to shake that one.

GutZ31

And how many players can you kill with a machine gun in ideal conditions? You don't have to be right next to them, either.

The solution, as it has always been, is shoot them with a rocket. I doubt we will be seeing many swords as the heavy weapon choice in PvP, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Swords can block incoming damage as well as have 2 types of attacks.

It is a very reasonable perspective. Though had Bungie not already made improvements at this level of the totem pole, I wouldn't be expecting additional moves. Vault space is one of their biggest gripes in the game. They're doubling it for weapons/armor, increasing inventory and consumables by 5 each, rolling telemetries into primary/special/heavy only... it always just seemed really odd (to me at least) to leave that cap in place when it could improve the vault space so quickly. It would probably open 15 spots for me immediately, but yeah I'm not representative of the average player by any means. I do also think there is something to be said about them encouraging us to spend our mats.

I agree with everything your saying.

I think it's just another example of Bungie still figuring out proper economies and supply/demand. In my opinion this area is one of their weakest, and has been since launch.

Right now they're still flooding the supply, so the demand is all out of whack, and honestly, I'm kind of worried because somewhere Luke Smith said something about not "charging" enough for some items. This worries me because some purchases are about 40% of our max glimmer, which just seems silly to me.

Anyway, way off on a tangent now.

So how 'bout them swords?

Edit: TOTP

hubqxqc8qlsgqha4sdgp.gif

Top Bottom