• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Raybunny

Anyone else see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ew_planetary_material_on_the_dreadnaught_not/

61449dde1fcaa90f15dade3b859b6079.png

It doesn't look like Wormspore is the new planetary mat but I know I've seen it required for some gear in old vids. Not sure about the name of the mat (Osmium in the reddit thread), but possible.

Reminds me if Oxium from Warframe. They did got influenced by other games like shadow of the colossus.Tiers + recharging keys/ tokens I suspect was also from warframe. So Osmium sounds plausible.

Anastasis

I am down for Raiding as soon as it opens. Just need to buy more Kale!

We can probably get at least 3 GAF groups.
A small Opening Hour 100 group might not be a bad idea.

A 100 group just for first hour Raid groups and a Raid specific thread (for the first week or so) would both be great tools.

Great ideas!

Just checked the100 - they already have King's Fall up as an activity to choose! We could start setting groups/teams up right now!

And how many players can you kill with a machine gun in ideal conditions? You don't have to be right next to them, either.

The solution, as it has always been, is shoot them with a rocket. I doubt we will be seeing many swords as the heavy weapon choice in PvP, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The answer to this entirely depends on if a Sword can successfully defend against a Rocket.

I would also argue that when Thorn Swayed into the power position it has now that people starting switching from Machine Guns to Rockets. Machine guns used to be the dominant heavy weapon in PvP due to the amount of kills you could get in comparison. Then Bungie gave a hand cannon that could kill with two shots and people needed a heavy weapon that could kill instantly, even if it means fewer total kills.

I agree with everything your saying.

I think it's just another example of Bungie still figuring out proper economies and supply/demand. In my opinion this area is one of their weakest, and has been since launch.

Right now they're still flooding the supply, so the demand is all out of whack, and honestly, I'm kind of worried because somewhere Luke Smith said something about not "charging" enough for some items. This worries me because some purchases are about 40% of our max glimmer, which just seems silly to me.

Anyway, way off on a tangent now.

So how 'bout them swords?

Edit: TOTP

hubqxqc8qlsgqha4sdgp.gif

Im with you on the economics of it all, 125 marks to upgrade an exotic to year 2 being a prime example. I've got a horrible feeling that the grind for marks is going to outdo anything we've seen so far. Especially as we'll hit a cap of 200

void666

Banned
I switched to bumper jumper during a previous iron banner. Dumb idea. Once i was trying to blink and nova bombed the wall instead.

It's my favorite layout BUT i hate having melee on R3. It's awkward to use bladedancer.

Kyoufu

Im with you on the economics of it all, 125 marks to upgrade an exotic to year 2 being a prime example. I've got a horrible feeling that the grind for marks is going to outdo anything we've seen so far. Especially as we'll hit a cap of 200

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that grind seeing as we can't get them from Vanguard playlists. :(

It depends on the player.

I don't think it will impact us at the higher end of the spectrum. Currently, if I go into PvP right now, I can hit 100 marks in almost a single play session.

If I sat down and played every day for a week, with no mark cap, I could probably hit 1600 marks in a week, with probably 400 from Saturday and Sunday each.

That cap isn't going to do anything since you can actually obtain more than 200 a week now.

Kyoufu

I don't think it will impact us at the higher end of the spectrum. Currently, if I go into PvP right now, I can hit 100 marks in almost a single play session.

If I sat down and played every day for a week, with no mark cap, I could probably hit 1600 marks in a week, with probably 400 from Saturday and Sunday each.

I don't think we can do that in TTK anymore though. It's only from weeklies and dismantling Legendary loot. :/

Hopefully Legendaries drop often.

That cap isn't going to do anything since you can actually obtain more than 200 a week now.

As far as we know the ability to quickly get 6 marks for a crucible game has gone the list so far is; Daily Story Chapters Daily PvP Activities Weekly Heroic Strikes and Vanguard Ursa a list of random heroic strikes that earns you legendary marks and engrams

GhaleonEB

Anyone else see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ew_planetary_material_on_the_dreadnaught_not/

61449dde1fcaa90f15dade3b859b6079.png

It doesn't look like Wormspore is the new planetary mat but I know I've seen it required for some gear in old vids. Not sure about the name of the mat (Osmium in the reddit thread), but possible.

The wormspore was highlighted on her HUD because of a an armor perk that highlighted planetary mats, so I do think wormspore is the one from the Dreadnaught. Which makes this even more interesting.

I don't think we can do that in TTK anymore though. It's only from weeklies and dismantling Legendary loot. :/

Hopefully Legendaries drop often.

As far as we know the ability to quickly get 6 marks for a crucible game has gone the list so far is; Daily Story Chapters Daily PvP Activities Weekly Heroic Strikes and Vanguard Ursa a list of random heroic strikes that earns you legendary marks and engrams

I... may have missed this information. Was this in a tweet or something? I don't recall them changing getting marks from PvP games.

Deku Tree

I... may have missed this information. Was this in a tweet or something? I don't recall them changing getting marks from PvP games.

Bungie has not specifically said it.

But they also listed all the ways that you can get legendary marks a few times, and regular PvP and strike playlists were not on the list. On the other hand I think these activities are supposed to drop legendaries very frequently now (guaranteed?) and those can be dismantled for (I think five) legendary marks.

Swords can block incoming damage as well as have 2 types of attacks.

Which is why I said we'll find out. I bet you don't move very quickly while blocking, and you certainly won't survive 2 rockets (but you'll piss off the guy that had to shoot 2 rockets at you).

Frenden

Banned
The wormspore was highlighted on her HUD because of a an armor perk that highlighted planetary mats, so I do think wormspore is the one from the Dreadnaught. Which makes this even more interesting.

Osmium sounds like a metal. Maybe those mats are required to forge swords. Or maybe it's the new ascendent/radiant mat for upgrading raid gear.

Any other bumper jumper devotees worried that the new hunter dodge/evade is going to be a pain in the ass assigned on O?

Bungie has not specifically said it.

But they also listed all the ways that you can get legendary marks a few times, and regular PvP and strike playlists were not on the list. On the other hand I think these activities are supposed to drop legendaries very frequently now (guaranteed?) and those can be dismantled for (I think five) legendary marks.

Drop rates are being upped but there's no chance it will be a legendary a match. For all the QoL changes there still has to be a gate to progression and marks is going to be it, by the amount you can hold and earn, imo

purg3

slept with Malkin

If that's the case, then the grind is going to be insane. Look at the prices of everything. I guess Vanguard strikes it is now?

The answer to this entirely depends on if a Sword can successfully defend against a Rocket.

I would also argue that when Thorn Swayed into the power position it has now that people starting switching from Machine Guns to Rockets. Machine guns used to be the dominant heavy weapon in PvP due to the amount of kills you could get in comparison. Then Bungie gave a hand cannon that could kill with two shots and people needed a heavy weapon that could kill instantly, even if it means fewer total kills.
I'm just skeptical we'll see swords become preferable over MGs and rockets, especially with Thorn (maybe) going away. Yes we'll have to see show much damage it tanks, but it may end up simply acting as a way to annoy other players that they had to waste too much heavy ammo killing you. You still have to get right next to them, or probably at least in shotgun range.

It's done. After playing for 4 days, I finally completed my journey towards level 20. Now, I need to start harvesting for legendary and exotic equipment. I need to raise might Light level a bit more, so that I can participate in Weekly Heroics. I need 4 more Strange Coins in order to get some armor from Xur this weekend.

Apparently, after initially reaching the tower I was given, or was able to buy, a legendary auto rifle. After equipping that, my Crucible game increased significantly.

I've also aligned myself with Dead Orbit.

EDIT: What's the deal with the loot drops in Crucible? What's it based on? Last night, I had the highest score in a couple of Clash matches, but was never rewarded.

xinek

I know it is super early to be discussing, but would anyone be up for doing a super chill blind raid at launch that would only go 5 hours or so (at least I wouldn't be able to play longer than that as I will have to pick up my kids from day care)? I'm not an exceptional player, but would love the experience trying to figure out the mechanics blind in a no pressure environment.

I read all about VoG and CE before trying it because I worried about letting people down while playing, so if anyone is in the same boat, let's set something up!

I am TOTALLY up for that!

Anastasis

If that's the case, then the grind is going to be insane. Look at the prices of everything. I guess Vanguard strikes it is now?

Indeed! Mark Noseworthy tweeted that staying in the Vanguard strikes playlist will generate a streak bonus for better gear AND extra rep.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/638549950826086400[/tweet]

I am TOTALLY up for that!

Sweet! Only 4 more to go! Haha!

Dalek

My loss against Skolas last night is really bothering me today-I'm so bummed out. Oh well-my strongest weapons aren't ascended yet anyways. I guess all I'll be missing out on with the Triumphs is that Emblem.

It's done. After playing for 4 days, I finally completed my journey towards level 20. Now, I need to start harvesting for legendary and exotic equipment. I need to raise might Light level a bit more, so that I can participate in Weekly Heroics. I need 4 more Strange Coins in order to get some armor from Xur this weekend.

Apparently, after initially reaching the tower I was given, or was able to buy, a legendary auto rifle. After equipping that, my Crucible game increased significantly.

EDIT: What's the deal with the loot drops in Crucible? What's it based on? Last night, I had the highest score in a couple of Clash matches, but was never rewarded.
Loot drops in the crucible are totally random and are unrelated to the score.

For what it's worth, auto rifles aren't great right now in crucible and Pulse Rifles are probably the way to go (strangers rifle or AllFate). This may change with the weapons patch on Tuesday though.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My loss against Skolas last night is really bothering me today-I'm so bummed out. Oh well-my strongest weapons aren't ascended yet anyways. I guess all I'll be missing out on with the Triumphs is that Emblem.
Message op of this thread. He will get you through. He's pretty awesome at getting anyone through (under leveled, inexperienced) go get your triumph!

Kalamari

I think I'll be lucky if I can get one character to 40, let alone all 3 by Friday morning. I value my sleep time greatly.

I think I'll be lucky if I can get one character to 40, let alone all 3 by Friday morning. I value my sleep time greatly.

It should be easy enough to get one to 40, especially if you fill up on 5000 XP bounties before. What I'm worried about is filling out the new subclass.

Kalamari

I could see trolling people using rockets by rushing up to them with swords and then defending so close to them that they blow themselves up.

Sounds like a lot of fun to me. I wonder if we can sword block while jumping.

Crucible drops are random, I think.

Was in the gameinformer and edge articles and one of the weekly updates

Edit the weekly update that mentions it https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08202015/en/News/News?aid=13414

I think they are culling the quick crucible marks which is why marks are now account not character based
Why would they make such a big deal about increasing Crucible rewards just to take that away a few patches later? (I'm not saying that's not what's happening but f%$% them if true.)

In Review

Marks can be obtained by

- Certain Questlines
- Vanguard Strikes
- Crucible (Trials and Banner too?)
- Dismantling Year 2 Legendaries

Am I missing anything? There might even be more ways than this

Homeboyd

In Review

Marks can be obtained by

- Certain Questlines
- Vanguard Strikes

- Daily Story Missions
- Daily PvP Activities
- Weekly Heroic Strikes

In Review

Marks can be obtained by

- Certain Questlines
- Vanguard Strikes

Only the high level vanguard strike with random modifiers (Ursa) will give marks. Omnigul - no burn with lightswitch and Angry for 5 marks anyone?

And only the daily crucible will give marks, not currently as is by being able to quickly get 100 marks

All as far as we know

Top Bottom