• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Will the Skolas fight still be available after tomorrow? I know they extended the Triumph thing to the 15h, but they said that all weekly/daily events are gone this week.

Shiv47

Sure, I'm up for more runs today as long as I have another helper. I think Wicked said he'd be up for more, and Zoba also mentioned possibly doing some carries today. I talked to xo last night about doing Trials but then I fell asleep haha, he should be around sometime. Skolas runs might have to wait until tomorrow.

Balls. I just realized today is the last day for full-strength GHorn to burn down Skolas. I hope you can still kill him before the second mines. Baaalllllllssss.

If you're doing any Trials runs tonight, I'd love to get in on one, it's the one thing I haven't done so far.

Final Round on snipers kill in one hit on the body or something?

High impact snipers (LDR, Effrideets Spear) with the Final Round perk kill with one body shot. Some lame-o's intentionally empty their clips down to the last bullet every time so every shot is a one hit kill.

As long as AR's don't dominate again 2.0 PvP will be fine. Pre nerf Suros Regime was the worst, worse than Thorn IMO.

Fuck final round, thank god that is going.

kiguel182

Tomorrow I'll start a Warlock (my first alt) to experience some of the 2.0 changes, hype! I'll probably end up boosting him to 25 with TTK but I'll have some fun before that. It'll also make the wait for TTK a little better.

On my main I still have Skolas left to do but I have zero motivation to do that.

EL CUCO

Not everybody in the Crucible is looking to take your head off. Some just want to be pals :)
ylGgRRs.jpg

Looking at my Triumphs and I only did 7 public events. Well, I really miss that part of the game ahah

Hopefully the chances in TTK will make them better.

Anybody who wasn't around for the mats farming last year probably won't have done too many PE's.

I certainly haven't done many recently.

As long as AR's don't dominate again 2.0 PvP will be fine. Pre nerf Suros Regime was the worst, worse than Thorn IMO.

Fuck final round, thank god that is going.

No way. Thorn's kill time is way lower and it takes you out of battle for longer. Not to mention Suros didn't spray ogre piss over your screen or snipe you from the ranges Thorn can.

Suddenly RNG turned to my favor. After 55/60 dragon strikes I got the following from the Nexus:

* Hopscotch Pilgrim (weak perks but that's what re-roll is for)
* Legendary Heavy Weapon engram that turned into Exodus Plan RS/2 with Aggressive Launch, Tripod, Javelin, and G&H (I have tomorrow's answer but this is still cool)
* and a legendary helmet

good things come all at once I guess :) maybe I will try to level up this HP quickly and see if I can use it on one last Trials on Xbox tonight before Level 34 ToO goes away.

Afrocious

3 more things to go before getting the triumph emblem.

-Get the golden chests (missing a quarter of them I believe)
-Kill Skolas on Hard
-Do Crota HM.

How long you have left to complete the triumph tasks for the emblem. Ignore it though since it has been extended till next week.

Also, welcome back, Afro! :)

Hey man! I'm glad to see you and everyone else!

No way. Thorn's kill time is way lower and it takes you out of battle for longer. Not to mention Suros didn't spray ogre piss over your screen or snipe you from the ranges Thorn can.

100% agree. Thorn is the worst for so many reason. Easy two headshot kills. Last round shenanigans. Delayed health regen and hit markers for the enemy to track you. Flinching while being damaged by dot. Finally the worst part imo is being able to die even if you beat the Thorn user in a gunfight just because the dot. Suros was so inoffensive in comparison.

Tovarisc

About that CGI trailer. Does lore tell us if Awoken have abilities naturally because of their mutations caused by "Reef" or has Queen just gotten some lessons in spell casting from warlocks?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm going to be coming back for TTK, but is there any point in getting this Triumph emblem? Or is it meaningless like grimoire?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Bah got an exotic bounty but its for all the guns I have. Bit pointless now since I can just buy the same guns with a shard and some glimmer. Really would've liked the bounty for the Pocket Infinity or Super Good Advice .

Not everybody in the Crucible is looking to take your head off. Some just want to be pals :)

If only you had a Titan smash waiting.

I just remembered they never specifically mentioned the Final Round glitch on Thorn. They better have fixed that.

Nothing like losing 90% of your health from a first shot in Trials.

X-Frame

I'm excited to see the new 2.0 bounties tomorrow. I wonder if there will still be the story mission bounties where you can save the final checkpoint for that quick kill for quick rep and XP. I'm assuming Bungie never intended that, so I'm guessing those are gone.

I actually never had it after seeing folks use it in VoG HM and sucking ass with it.

But I dunno. I just like guns that take the work out of the game like Gjallarhorn because I'm lazy.

Basically Thorn wasn't ez mode enough for me

Well, it's still not easy mode in PvE, but it's the outright winner of PvP. That's why people hate it so much. It will actually get a PvE buff, but we don't know yet how effective it'll be.

Afaik it doesn't have a Y2 version though, so PvE won't even matter after next week.

Bogeypop

Easiest Mercury of my life. Guess all the try-hard Final Round Snipers and Thorn glitchers are asleep.
At least, the easiest Mercury where I felt I pulled my own weight on the team.
Good games, Biggy and Manny.

Top Bottom