• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Klyka

Banned
I'm going to be coming back for TTK, but is there any point in getting this Triumph emblem? Or is it meaningless like grimoire?

It's just a little something to say "I was here before this date"
It's like say, I go to a concert for a band on Saturday and they give me a Tshirt that says "I saw this band on Saturday!" and then you see the band on Sunday but don't get a T-Shirt.

We both still saw the same content (the band) but I got a little useless piece of swag that says I saw it first.

It's amazing to see how the Thorn is now OP. I remember it being shit.

Yea Thorn was never shit. It just wasn't overpowered.

The first time I used it in Crucible with a friend we both agreed that it was ridiculously deadly, but "balanced" by its low mag and slow reload. Once those things changed, it became a weapon with a ridiculous amount of pros and literally no cons.

hydruxo

So since it's more or less the last day of Year 1 with 2.0 coming out tomorrow, I thought it'd be cool to go back through my countless Destiny screens and compile a few of my favorite memories from the past year. There's been so many amazing moments over the last year playing Destiny with gaffers that it's hard to pick a handful, but here we go:

Obligatory #GuardiansFirstScreenshot:

emHBLLV.jpg

#5 Struggling through the Nexus nightfall and finally conquering it. My first exotic drop:

#4 My first flawless run in Trials the weekend it went up. One of my favorite online mp experiences in any game.

#3 Beating Vault of Glass hard mode for the first time + the best drop I've ever gotten.

#2 Beating Crota's End hard mode after hours upon hours of failure. Celebratory tower pic with Glowhoo shaders equipped:

#1 After 6 long months of chasing the elusive carrot on a stick also known as Gjallarhorn, I finally got it to drop after hopping into a Gorgon checkpoint that Drizzay had. Easily my favorite memory from Year 1.
RIP Ghorn.

I could keep going but this post is already too long lol. Looking forward to another great year of Destiny with DGAF!

Blunoise

Marty O'Donnell has won his lawsuit against his former company.

Presumably, Tiger is Destiny 1.0, which is now getting its next major retail release this month in the form of an expansion. "Releases 3 and 4" of Project Tiger will presumably be two more expansions (slated for 2017 and 2019), with "Comet" serving as Destiny 2 in 2020.

http://www.destructoid.com/ex-bungi...8.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm pretty sure destiny 2 is coming out next year

Anyone wanna run Skolas with me tonight? I still need it for my triumphs. Also wouldn't mind getting together a HM Crota group and actually doing it legit, everyone on LFG just wants to cheese everything.

The final day to enjoy year 1 guns the way it was, kind of bittersweet!

Overall I'm stoked. I just wished they gave us 1 trials with it next weekend. Why?!

darthbob

So since it's more or less the last day of Year 1 with 2.0 coming out tomorrow, I thought it'd be cool to go back through my countless Destiny screens and compile a few of my favorite memories from the past year. There's been so many amazing moments over the last year playing Destiny with gaffers that it's hard to pick a handful, but here we go:

Obligatory #GuardiansFirstScreenshot:

#5 Struggling through the Nexus nightfall and finally conquering it. My first exotic drop:

#4 My first flawless run in Trials the weekend it went up. One of my favorite online mp experiences in any game.

#3 Beating Vault of Glass hard mode for the first time + the best drop I've ever gotten.

#2 Beating Crota's End hard mode after hours upon hours of failure. Celebratory tower pic with Glowhoo shaders equipped:

#1 After 6 long months of chasing the elusive carrot on a stick also known as Gjallarhorn, I finally got it to drop after hopping into a Gorgon checkpoint that Drizzay had. Easily my favorite memory from Year 1.
RIP Ghorn.

I could keep going but this post is already too long lol. Looking forward to another great year of Destiny with DGAF!

Good album.

Can't wait for this time next year, sharing Y2 stories.

The final day to enjoy year 1 guns the way it was, kind of bittersweet!

Overall I'm stoked. I just wished they gave us 1 trials with it next weekend. Why?!

I don't know why bit I'm definitely glad it won't be available because crucible is going to be a laggy mess next week with everyone trying the new modes.

X-Frame

Thorn was a beast in PvP from day one

Until Patch 1.1:

Thorn
- Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
- Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
- Reload Speed increased
- Magazine Size increased
- Ammo inventory size increased
- Stability and Weapon Handling increase

The way I see it, the trinity of Hand Cannons were supposed to have a unique property that let them cover a range niche witihout being OP in that niche:

The Last Word for CQB, with hipfire balancing its power and ADS requiring more shots to kill
Thorn for mid-range suppression, where the gun isn't powerful on its own but DoT provides the extra damage
Hawkmoon for long range, with recoil balancing its accuracy and its luck perks giving it an extra chance of competing with the others

Of course, that isn't what happened. TLW killed quickly from any range. Thorn killed in 2 shots almost every time, and Hawkmoon was a goddamn sniper.

Bungie dun goofed.

Until Patch 1.1:

Thorn
- Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
- Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
- Reload Speed increased
- Magazine Size increased
- Ammo inventory size increased
- Stability and Weapon Handling increase

MISTAKES WERE MADE

X-Frame

What the fuck

RaidGAF is still a thing?

Wow. You folks really kept it going.

Afro, I almost forgot about this but you sherpa'd me and a bunch of other newbies through the Vault of Glass for our first time. Just wanted to say thank you dude! It was probably like your 30th time doing it too at that time.

The first time going through VoG was an enormous sensory overload. There really hasn't been anything like that since.

I hope King's Fall delivers the same experience, if not better.

Magik

The way I see it, the trinity of Hand Cannons were supposed to have a unique property that let them cover a range niche witihout being OP in that niche:

The Last Word for CQB, with hipfire balancing its power and ADS requiring more shots to kill
Thorn for mid-range suppression, where the gun isn't powerful on its own but DoT provides the extra damage
Hawkmoon for long range, with recoil balancing its accuracy and its luck perks giving it an extra chance of competing with the others

Of course, that isn't what happened. TLW killed quickly from any range. Thorn killed in 2 shots almost every time, and Hawkmoon was a goddamn sniper.

Bungie dun goofed.

MISTAKES WERE MADE

Nowadays, Bungie mistakes are features.

nObyygp.jpg

I can't remember if I was there or not. Either way,
246.gif

Far from pointless, you can align with 1 and level Vanguard, Crucible and your chosen faction in the first day.

Yeah it makes sense to have Vanguard, Crucible, and one faction on the edge, since you can turn them in day one, but what about multiple factions? If you can only gain rep for one faction per week, doesn't that mean your other 2 factions will have to wait until the following week to switch?

DjRalford

Yeah it makes sense to have Vanguard, Crucible, and one faction on the edge, since you can turn them in day one, but what about multiple factions? If you can only gain rep for one faction per week, doesn't that mean your other 2 factions will have to wait until the following week to switch?

Even so within 3 weeks your guaranteed 5 legendarys

Mindlog

Killed 125 Hydras in one sitting.

Jebus,
Joined an Elimination game. (Game in progress on last round, down 0-4 and a Bladedancer coming at me. At least we killed each other :|)
I started the Ishtar Collective Mission.
Finished my last few for 5k Titan PvP kills.
Finished another Crota solo because it didn't tick 50 for some reason yesterday.

damn damn damn
I wanted 3600, but not that badly. Oh well.

http://i.imgur.com/rxXxOjk.jpg
If you look carefully. The Hunter in the back is about to drop a deuce.
Good times!
MISTAKES WERE MADE
It was the best mistake lol.

"They're buffing, Thorn? Why?"
It's terrible in PvE and needed a buff.
"Do you have any idea what that's going to do to PvP?"
What do you mean?
"Nevermind."

Really hoping we find the next 3 weapons two weeks in and have to wait 6 months for the next balance patch.

Acidote

I'm hearing you guys and I'm not asking you to carry me through trials anymore. It's too much to ask for. I'll do it with you guys when they reopen it and we're on equal conditions. I'd rather help than be helped.

Klyka

Banned
WOah just checked, my first Vault of Glass clear was actually on September 29th 2014!

People who were with me:

DiscreteCat
Chaostar
Deadlytaco
College_Boy
ThyphonBeagle
daveyboymo

So someone must have left and we got a replacement.

Geez, so long ago.

I'd like to run the raids and have a last shot for exotics before blueprints take place, which begin tomorrow.

If anyone is running the raid (or wants to), let's get this going

Top Bottom