• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

DjRalford

Sorta. I'm expecting another TTK sized September release for Destiny.

They could probably get away with big annual updates, but eventually i think they'll need to break away from old gen to get more advanced stuff in and an improved engine, and one way around that is a new release Destiny 2.

Deku Tree

Check your profile on Bungie.net, there's a page that shows your Triumphs progress. (Edit: you already did, lol)

Basically get all the Gold chests, 50 (?) Public Events, beat HM Atheon and Crota, beat Skolas in PoE35, get 100 Crucible wins (each fire team member counts as a win, so 3 "wins" per Skirmish game for example). Some other crap I think.

Skolas is the only challenging one. (Edit2: I can run you through Skolas sometime this week)

Is the bolded part still true? I remember this used to be true, but I know that for Grimoire purposes now you only get one win per win in crucial and you no longer get grimoire credit for the kills of the people on your fireteam even though you used to... IIRC they changed it in one of the patches. Not sure about crucible wins for the purpose of the Triumphs though.

GhaleonEB

They could probably get away with big annual updates, but eventually i think they'll need to break away from old gen to get more advanced stuff in and an improved engine, and one way around that is a new release Destiny 2.

I still think they can just do that with one of the big releases. Just build the new destination(s) for next gen, and make it a next gen only expansion - that's where DLC for old gen could end.

Klyka

Banned
I still think they can just do that with one of the big releases. Just build the new destination(s) for next gen, and make it a next gen only expansion - that's where DLC for old gen could end.

Kinda like FF14 will do with their next expansion.
They said it would not be made for old gen and will be next gen exclusive.

JayHayabusa

Jebus,
Joined an Elimination game. (Game in progress on last round, down 0-4 and a Bladedancer coming at me. At least we killed each other :|)
I started the Ishtar Collective Mission.
Finished my last few for 5k Titan PvP kills.
Finished another Crota solo because it didn't tick 50 for some reason yesterday.

damn damn damn
I wanted 3600, but not that badly. Oh well.

If you look carefully. The Hunter in the back is about to drop a deuce.
Good times!

It was the best mistake lol.

"They're buffing, Thorn? Why?"
It's terrible in PvE and needed a buff.
"Do you have any idea what that's going to do to PvP?"
What do you mean?
"Nevermind."

Really hoping we find the next 3 weapons two weeks in and have to wait 6 months for the next balance patch.

Just last week I looked up your Grimoire and said to myself: Hey got a higher Grimoire score than Mindlog, he's busy or something.....

No more lol :)

Sorta. I'm expecting another TTK sized September release for Destiny.

It's going to need a graphical overhaul at some point in the not so distant future. Can they do that without releasing a completely new game? I don't really know how this stuff works, just know that Destiny's graphics are beginning to look dated. Guessing that's due to having to build alongside last gen?

Klyka

Banned
It's going to need a graphical overhaul at some point in the not so distant future. Can they do that without releasing a completely new game? I don't really know how this stuff works, just know that Destiny's graphics are beginning to look dated. Guessing that's due to having to build alongside last gen?

dated? really?

I still think it's one of the best looking games you can currently play.
The entire art direction and how everything works together as well as the lighting engine are just god damn fantastic.

Kalamari

Ya, I have a feeling that Bungie wants to drop last gen asap due to the constraints it places on the consistency of the game as a whole.

dated? really?

The entire art direction and how everything works together as well as the lighting engine are just god damn fantastic.

Yup, really. Textures are bad. Aliasing is bad. Frame rate drops are frequent.

Agree that lighting is decent. Not sure what art direction has to do with graphics. That just speaks to the creativity of the bungie team.

I'm not asking it to look like The Order, but BF4 would be nice. Or Infamous.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
WOah just checked, my first Vault of Glass clear was actually on September 29th 2014!

People who were with me:

DiscreteCat
Chaostar
Deadlytaco
College_Boy
ThyphonBeagle
daveyboymo

So someone must have left and we got a replacement.

Geez, so long ago.

I remember that first run, it was awesome. I think I must have got marked for negation about a hundred times before I realised what was going on.

My PSN now is DelicateBalance.

We e should play again some time.

Karl2177

Klyka

Banned

Agree that lighting is decent. Not sure what art direction has to do with graphics. That just speaks to the creativity of the bungie team.

framerate drops???

I have like, an insane eye for them and I can't say I've ever noticed one on my PS4.
Are you sure?
Not even Digital Foundry found drops if I remember correctly?

What's being included in tomorrow's patch ?

Weapon balancing, Nolandroid (RIP Dinklebot), light level being replaced by pure XP, new weapon/armor values, new bounties, new questing system, vault upgrade, exotic blueprints, shader vault/vendor, and new crucible maps and modes (the patch is technically all of The Taken King, but this is what will actually change tomorrow).

Edit: Oh, and probably some sort of Taken public event, much like Blades of Crota and Packs of Wolves each appeared the week before.

Bracket

Recently preordered this and am playing for the first time. I'm level 14 on my first character. Anyone on PS4 wanna team up sometime? Even better if you're new like me, but alk are welcome.

PSN: Sundull

Trakan

New gear or riot

There's at least some new gear. This was in one of the TK trailers.

CLpmSQ5VEAEBg5w.jpg

Oh I just saw that the trophy info for TTK was added to the "Trophies" section for PSN. I'm probably super late in noticing that, but I was wondering why it said I only had 84% of the trophies.

framerate drops???

I have like, an insane eye for them and I can't say I've ever noticed one on my PS4.
Are you sure?
Not even Digital Foundry found drops if I remember correctly?

We'll just agree to disagree. Opinions are what they are.

Edit: ok, Jesus. Forget the frame rate stuff. Was more referring to XB1 there anyway. Either way, my other points still stand.

X-Frame

The Vex Mythoclast is literally the worst primary weapon in the entire game. I cannot believe what Bungie did to it. Shots don't even register if they're 20m or farther away.

Tovarisc

The Vex Mythoclast is literally the worst primary weapon in the entire game. I cannot believe what Bungie did to it. Shots don't even register if they're 20m or farther away.

if you think that about Vex you should give Necrochasm spin and then try Vex again :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We'll just agree to disagree. Opinions are what they are.
While opinions are indeed what they are, this is a pretty factual distinction about a technical factor that isn't open to interpretation. If you can name a scenario that can be easily replicated in which you have seen to cause a framerate drop- which, them being "frequent" in your estimation, should be easy as all get out- I want to go give it a shot immediately. I've played on a bunch of different screens and A/V setups at this point and I sincerely have not noticed a single one.

edit: alllllright then

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

I think it looks damn great for the size of each planets area, all the areas you can venture without any loading and the amount of things going on around each planet such as events and battles. And frame rate problems? Never noticed one at all and I'm on XB1.

AaronMT86

Final year one stats for me, having started day one of the Alpha

Hunter (first character):

Vault of Glass (Normal): 18 completions
Vault of Glass (Hard): 33 completions
Crota’s End (Normal): 57 Completions
Crota’s End (Hard): 18 completions

Titan:

Vault of Glass (Normal): 12 completions
Vault of Glass (Hard): 19 completions
Crota’s End (Normal): 11 Completions
Crota’s End (Hard): 17 completions

Warlock:

Vault of Glass (Normal): 8 completions
Vault of Glass (Hard): 29 completions
Crota’s End (Normal): 47 Completions
Crota’s End (Hard): 15 completions

Stats:

Hunter (Total 1070 hours played)
Titan (Total 395 hours played)
Warlock (Total 226 hours played)

Tovarisc

I think it looks damn great for the size of each planets area, all the areas you can venture without any loading and the amount of things going on around each planet such as events and battles. And frame rate problems? Never noticed one at all.

Bolded part, nope :D I get loading moments with 100% certainty always in same spots of Venus, Cosmo etc. Sometimes it takes few seconds, some times 10+.

GutZ31

Final year one stats for me, having started day one of the Alpha

Hunter (first character):

Vault of Glass (Normal): 18 completions
Vault of Glass (Hard): 33 completions
Crota’s End (Normal): 57 Completions
Crota’s End (Hard): 18 completions

Titan:

Vault of Glass (Normal): 12 completions
Vault of Glass (Hard): 19 completions
Crota’s End (Normal): 11 Completions
Crota’s End (Hard): 17 completions

Warlock:

Vault of Glass (Normal): 8 completions
Vault of Glass (Hard): 29 completions
Crota’s End (Normal): 47 Completions
Crota’s End (Hard): 15 completions

Stats:

Hunter (Total 1070 hours played)
Titan (Total 395 hours played)
Warlock (Total 226 hours played)
Nice. You must have had some fun to run them that many times.
An older picture, but relevant.
QFkICO1.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Loading between zone chunks, sure, that's a valid complaint (though not about graphics :p). In its defense the game does an admirable job pre-loading areas seemingly if it "senses you're on the way," but if you're too fast for it you can hit a nice invisible loading net (times I imagine must be HDD dependent at this point, not latency). I can easily replicate this using one of the raid sparrows to jet from The Divide to Rocketyard.

Didn't you know part of the weapons 2.0 patch includes a fix in their net code? Kappa

Lol. They say they are investigating the IB lag so I can only hope that translates into better net code in general. For the most part it's good, but every now and then there are ridiculously laggy games that are almost unplayable. Unfortunately I will remain skeptical since the crucible lead designer said that crucible shouldn't be taken too seriously in that one GI video :p

Trakan

dated? really?

It looks good for a cross-gen game in development for years. Other than that, it's a bad looking PS4 game IMO.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Bolded part, nope :D I get loading moments with 100% certainty always in same spots of Venus, Cosmo etc. Sometimes it takes few seconds, some times 10+.

Only bit I've had is going from The Divide to Rocket Yard at full speed on the sparrow which lasts like a second and thats not everytime. Never had 10+ luckily. What system you run on? I got mine installed through USB 3 to an internal SSHD in an enclosure.

Top Bottom