• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

P44

Right just about finished my triumphs.

Chests were fine, but public events were honestly the most bored I've been playing this.

GutZ31

Do more people play this on Xbone or PS4? Only have a xbox one atm..
The first post has a link to a very active Xbox clan called Bad to the Xbone.
The community here is about 35-40% xbox one, it's remainder almost all PS4. That's quite a lot of people to play with no matter the percentage.

Tovarisc

Only bit I've had is going from The Divide to Rocket Yard at full speed on the sparrow which lasts like a second and thats not everytime. Never had 10+ luckily. What system you run on? I got mine installed through USB 3 to an internal SSHD in an enclosure.

Default PS4.

Hows the overall community of Destiny on Xbone? Active?

Sorry for asking, have never played Destiny before!

I'd say overall, both populations are huge. It's only on gaf that the gap between ps4 and Xbone Destiny players is so wide. If you go on lfg or Reddit, it's extremely easy to find people to play with in minutes

GutZ31

How does the change work, anyway? They simply replacing the perk on every weapon?

A lot of us have been on a hiatus after HoW, but we'll be coming back swinging from tomorrow onwards. Definitely lots of good people on Xbone.
Final round will require precision hits to activate.
That pretty much makes them useless in Crucible.

Deku Tree

I think the old elemental damage primaries will be better than TTK primaries for a NF with a burn. A 170 attack weapon with a 300% damage boost is gonna be better than a 280-310+ attack weapon with no damage boost.

FyreWulff

Would note that Destiny.Bungie.Org has a lot of XB1 (and 360!) users according to their team maker thingy, and they're all cool people, if you're looking to build your Xbox Friends list. I play with fellow DBOers all the time on Playstation and quite a few of them are on both console families.

Klyka

Banned
I can't wait to see the actual new nightfall modifiers and Bungie stepping away from just throwing "burn" at everything.

ALso using armor to lower the burn damage you take will be awesome.

GutZ31

I think the old elemental damage primaries will be better than TTK primaries for a NF with a burn. A 170 attack weapon with a 300% damage boost is gonna be better than a 280-310+ attack weapon with no damage boost.
I'm going to make it my duty to run a nightfall only using a sword.

aarcane

How does the change work, anyway? They simply replacing the perk on every weapon?

I think they're just changing it so you only get the damage bonus on critical hits. Don't think I ever used Final Round on my LDR, damn my shoot-reload-shoot-reload compulsion.

A lot of us have been on a hiatus after HoW, but we'll be coming back swinging from tomorrow onwards. Definitely lots of good people on Xbone.

Good players. And me. If you ever want a laugh, watch me attempt the jumping puzzle in VoG.

FyreWulff

Also watching my brother play the story. Just realized your guardian pulls a Vestian Dynasty out of the holster of the Queen's Guard when they see the Fallen next to the throne :lol

They changed it so that you can only get it to proc on crit, so you'd have to actually get a headshot for it to work. It's a PvE perk now that's useless in PvP unless you're facing a Radiance Warlock with a Ram or some shit.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Bring on year 2!
Hv5tQoI.jpg

Setting up my characters to have multiples of 50 with only < 10 marks difference, and completing any close bounties. 13.5 hours to go.

Lol. They say they are investigating the IB lag so I can only hope that translates into better net code in general. For the most part it's good, but every now and then there are ridiculously laggy games that are almost unplayable. Unfortunately I will remain skeptical since the crucible lead designer said that crucible shouldn't be taken too seriously in that one GI video :p

Oh yea I forgot about that comment hahaha hopefully he was joking.

Hopefully vualt space tomorrow.
And hopefully they will make good use of the new quest screen with some wolf type events that will be quest related.
But if not, rhe new crucible modes should keep me busy for the week. Cant wait to blow the dust of ye olde suros regime. See how it fares post patch

jaaz

The community here is about 35-40% xbox one, it's remainder almost all PS4. That's quite a lot of people to play with no matter the percentage.

I don't think it's nearly that high on Neogaf--at least on this Community Thread. For whatever reason, nearly everyone here seems to play on PS4. But the smaller Xbox One community here is quite active, and in any event there's plenty of Xbox One Destiny LFG sites to find a group. It's simply a really popular game across the board.

ocean

Banned
Hows the overall community of Destiny on Xbone? Active?

Sorry for asking, have never played Destiny before!
The Xbox community is huge and super active, just largely absent from GAF :p

There's a link on the OP for Xbox players to group up. Other than that, if you see someone say "who wants to do _____" without specifying you can safely assume they mean PS4.

Dalek

I went on a trip to my brother in laws place in LA, and I brought my Vita with me to remote play destiny. I've never gotten the Thorn so I was just doing bounties on my vita all weekend. I JUST got the exotic bounty today and I'm so happy. I'm still not clear on if these year one exotics will be easily accessible in year 2, so I'm happy in Tuesday I'll have my first Thorn!

I went on a trip to my brother in laws place in LA, and I brought my Vita with me to remote play destiny. I've never gotten the Thorn so I was just doing bounties on my vita all weekend. I JUST got the exotic bounty today and I'm so happy. I'm still not clear on if these year one exotics will be easily accessible in year 2, so I'm happy in Tuesday I'll have my first Thorn!

The same day it gets nerfed, oh the irony of it all

Trakan

The first post has a link to a very active Xbox clan called Bad to the Xbone.

Damn. I was going to guess 95/5, and of that 5%, most are people who play on both consoles.

Trace

Banned
185 strange coins and 148 motes of light should be alright, I don't expect that I'll ever spend all of them anyway.

jacobs34

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to grab a piece of Etheric light before tomorrows reset. It's a shame I'll be going into Year 2 at 33.

Motes and strange coins look a bit low. Xur will have a bunch of new stuff to buy with TTK.
Anyone with motes to spare must have far greater rng luck than I, or never bothered trying to gear up for maximum crucible/trials effectiveness.

Between rerolling weapons and (mostly unsuccessfuly) trying to get Xur to sell me an engram that decrypts into something I need, I must have gone through 1000+ motes in the last couple months since returning to Destiny.

Namikaze1

I for one can't wait for the vault update.

COUw-JfWoAEKbA6.jpg:orig

Missing from the picture are 2 Hawkmoons, 1 Last Word, 3 Gjallarhorns, and the missing Titan/Hunter/Warlock armor. I have all da Pokemonz.

Top Bottom