• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Bring on year 2!
Hv5tQoI.jpg

Thats a ton of redbull!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Gonna be 700 rep away from Queens Wrath rank 3 after doing the wanted bounties. What else can I do to boost the rep before morning? Only need to grab the 2 final shaders.

I don't blame anyone for leaving Destiny with the shitty idea of forcing players to be underleveled for encounters.
This always annoyed me, and is possibly the laziest way of making an encounter.

Late, but yes, I generally hate this.

kiguel182

Anybody who wasn't around for the mats farming last year probably won't have done too many PE's.

I certainly haven't done many recently.

Yeah, I stopped playing the game back then around that stage so that explains it.

Alt ought apparently that's coming back with TTK so I'll probably do way more from then on out.

Klyka

Banned
Late, but yes, I generally hate this.

I don't get it. It just means the enemies take less damage and dish out more. Which basically means that at the end of the day they are just "elite" enemies who have more health and do more damage.

So..why is this bad? WOuld people really be ok if they were the same level as the player but just had higher stats that amount to the exact same numbers as if they are one level above the player?

I don't understand.

At all.

Wil348

What time is the update due? I'm hoping it's some time around midnight (GMT+1) so I can download at least some of it overnight.

jondabomb

Does anyone know if the patch with the 2.0 changes will be one of the in game downloads or a system level one? Hopefully I can keep playing Metal Gear while this is downloading

Tovarisc

I don't get it. It just means the enemies take less damage and dish out more. Which basically means that at the end of the day they are just "elite" enemies who have more health and do more damage.

So..why is this bad? WOuld people really be ok if they were the same level as the player but just had higher stats that amount to the exact same numbers as if they are one level above the player?

I don't understand.

At all.

When game has encounters that are very thin on [interesting] mechanics and difficulty comes only from enemies being notch or two above what players can get it just becomes lazy design. Need get encounter X, that has thin or nonexistent mechanics, more difficult? Just put enemies to e.g. level 36 when players max out at 34.

That is just bad and lazy encounter design. Sure you can have enemies that take more punishment and/or deal more punishment, but encounter should have mechanics to keep player interested and engaged.

Or put boss into tiny room, have boss deal a lots of AoE, have boss adds deal a lots of AoE and call it good encounter design. Omnigul, I'm looking at you.

Edit: Bulletsponge bosses was major complaint in Strikes, Hard CE is basically that. Enemies just deal extra damage too.

Any xboxers up for one last trials? I should be on in 3 hours for a couple of hours.

This is my last chance to try and win anything there....I'm a bit below average so this would be part fun part carry....but I have no expectations! :)

GT is the same as here.

darknil

All this talk about having less than a 100 of an element is being short on makes me worry.

I enjoyed rolling exotic engrams, only got like 2 dupes which is fine since I needed exotic shard also.

Going into TTK with less than a 100 of coins, motes and relic iron. Carpe Diem.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't understand.

At all.
We're talking about a completely different story between Destiny and other games and potentially between pre-TTK and post-TTK Destiny depending on how the scaling works. If the implied level of disparity of being one level below held true in effect, it wouldn't be a big deal and would mostly be, as you said, identical to just making tougher, harder hitting enemies in all but psychological terms. However in Destiny being just one level below severely penalizes you in damage given and taken in a manner that doesn't match up with what one might expect from being "just one level below." Furthermore, this style of artifical difficulty ensures that when the level cap is raised, the difficulty is obliterated as this penalty is removed, which wouldn't be the case with "elite enemies" if simply programmed to be at "one level higher numbers." See what has become of poor HM Crota... Shrek and Fiona never even get to come out to play anymore with a half-decent swordbearer.

If this manner of penalty is smoothed out by the higher level cap and alternative Light system it might well be a much more negligible factor.

Daemul

I only have around 150 strange coins but once TTK comes out I'm going back to only having one character so the coins are more than enough. I'm looking forward to the datamining tomorrow to see all the new exotic armour.

Anastasis

I can't remember what the week before TDB was - just blades of Crota invading? If so, actual raid mechanics in the preview event (killing sword bearer, using the sword).

For HoW? Wolves prowling and chest farming for keys. Also end game related, meant to get us to play PoE and unlock those chests.

What will tomorrow bring? Based on the Court of Oryx reveal I think it will be
keys of gnashing teeth to get us to go to the Court where the chest is and runes to open up the court to get to to that chest.

Anyone with motes to spare must have far greater rng luck than I, or never bothered trying to gear up for maximum crucible/trials effectiveness.

Between rerolling weapons and (mostly unsuccessfuly) trying to get Xur to sell me an engram that decrypts into something I need, I must have gone through 1000+ motes in the last couple months since returning to Destiny.

I started of HoW with over 1000 energies and shards and about 400 motes, blew it to zero with engrams and a mad hopscotch reroll am now back to 450 motes, about 200 shards and energies, 401 coins, 50 shards, 1000+ each material and a shit load of glimmer consumables

Apart from the Hopscotch I managed to reroll my ash factory, HB and Matador pretty cheaply. Never bothered with anything else

Edit anyone need a Crota for triumphs/crux?

Top Bottom