• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

border

Its crazy easy to move gear around now, and has been for some time. Hoarding exotic dupes and complaining about space puzzles me.

If you have 3 Gjallarhorns, then you aren't using up any vault space at all. That's exactly the point of carrying around duplicate weapons -- if you keep one on every character, then that means you have one extra slot in your vault for a different weapon that you may need to swap between characters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Its crazy easy to move gear around now, and has been for some time. Hoarding exotic dupes and complaining about space puzzles me.
I keep duplicates of exotics I find particularly useful; I simply can't be bothered to move stuff around for everyday play no matter how easy it gets to do so.

However, this has no impact on my vault space whatsoever as I (obviously) just keep these duplicates on each character and thus never have to use the vault for them, puzzling me even further as to how they make their way into someone's vault to take up space in the first place.

On the other hand, I am a collector and keep tons of weapons around being I like them visually, have a good memory associated with them, they have a situational use, or just because I enjoy the collection aspect in and of itself (the latter applying mostly to hand cannons). As such I am absolutely full to the tune of one free slot in my vault despite not using it for a single dupe exotic.
If you have 3 Gjallarhorns, then you aren't using up any vault space at all. That's exactly the point of carrying around duplicate weapons -- if you keep one on every character, then that means you have one extra slot in your vault for a different weapon that you may need to swap between characters.
ha, yeup

Firthy

Just want to say a massive massive thanks to AlucardShinigami for carrying me and a friend through Skolas and allowing me to complete my moments of triumph, what a hero!

deafmedal

So I got my tat started today. Fitting as it's the last day of Year One
and hopefully the end of the Beta period ;P

4mo9SFK.jpg

Hmmm, look at the layout of classes... how apropos considering that is the order I created my characters. And their superiority, obviously.

ACrvOGV.jpg

Size reference. Nah, just wanted to show the ent!

esI8jni.jpg

I'm guessing you can see the pattern. But what comes next?!

Wasn't bad there at all. Really looking forward to the next one, but it'll be a while, gotta share appts with the wife. Hopefully I can go once a month for the next couple months and have it done by Dec :)

border

On the other hand, I am a collector and keep tons of weapons around being I like them visually, have a good memory associated with them, they have a situational use, or just because I enjoy the collection aspect in and of itself (the latter applying mostly to hand cannons). As such I am absolutely full to the tune of one free slot in my vault despite not using it for a single dupe exotic.

Only one day left on Destiny 1.0, and I am still debating on whether or not I should buy that Vanguard legendary sniper that has "Shoot to Loot" on it. Never seen that perk on anything other than low-level green items and I keep imagining some kind of Oracles/Bridge type scenario where I might want to hang way back with a sniper and not have to worry about ammo pickups.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Are any if your other characters close?
Sucks there locking it out

Nope none. My fault really could've got to rank 3 a lot quicker but I didn't expect it to go with the update. At least I got the Queens Web shader which I can use on my Warlock and keep the Glowhoo for my Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Only one day left on Destiny 1.0, and I am still debating on whether or not I should buy that Vanguard legendary sniper that has "Shoot to Loot" on it. Never seen that perk on anything other than low-level green items and I keep imagining some kind of Oracles/Bridge type scenario where I might want to hang way back with a sniper and not have to worry about ammo pickups.
If you snag a blue or green scout with it you could always just keep that handy to swap to in such a scenario. I missed one numerous times that the gunsmith was selling them, lol.
Daaamn man. That's intense. way to represent. Also big ol' WTF at Harry Potty.

GutZ31

We're talking about a completely different story between Destiny and other games and potentially between pre-TTK and post-TTK Destiny depending on how the scaling works. If the implied level of disparity of being one level below held true in effect, it wouldn't be a big deal and would mostly be, as you said, identical to just making tougher, harder hitting enemies in all but psychological terms. However in Destiny being just one level below severely penalizes you in damage given and taken in a manner that doesn't match up with what one might expect from being "just one level below." Furthermore, this style of artifical difficulty ensures that when the level cap is raised, the difficulty is obliterated as this penalty is removed, which wouldn't be the case with "elite enemies" if simply programmed to be at "one level higher numbers." See what has become of poor HM Crota... Shrek and Fiona never even get to come out to play anymore with a half-decent swordbearer.

If this manner of penalty is smoothed out by the higher level cap and alternative Light system it might well be a much more negligible factor.
This is my biggest problem with how Bungie did CE, as well as PoE 35.
We get forced to be under leveled for the fights, and once you get at, or above the level, there is no challenge.

Look at Vault of Glass normal mode.
Even with a pretty good team, you could still run into wipes.
The encounters have more thought to them other than "as long as people are under leveled for his part, it's going to be hard!", the VoG was hard because it took more coordination, and spatial awareness.

Hard more is a little harder because of detainment bubbles, and oracles being harder to kill.
VoG is overall a better raid if only because of its varied game play, not just shooting, not just running, not just holding a spot.
I feel much more joy killing Atheon than I do Crota.

Klyka

Banned
Sorry to derail but has anyone heard what happened to our fellow Guardian who wrote the suicide note earlier today? Do we have good news?

I started of HoW with over 1000 energies and shards and about 400 motes, blew it to zero with engrams and a mad hopscotch reroll am now back to 450 motes, about 200 shards and energies, 401 coins, 50 shards, 1000+ each material and a shit load of glimmer consumables

Apart from the Hopscotch I managed to reroll my ash factory, HB and Matador pretty cheaply. Never bothered with anything else

Edit anyone need a Crota for triumphs/crux?
Nice restored stash! I have not had such fortune.

Xur has been quite unkind to me the last couple weeks with gauntlet and helmet engrams. Felt like a crack addict selling whatever they could when I started turning whatever raid materials I could scrounge up into motes to buy just one more hit from Xur.

And like a proper dealer, he never delivered, ensuring I'll be back next week...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sorry to derail but has anyone heard what happened to our fellow Guardian who wrote the suicide note earlier today? Do we have good news?

Nothing dude. I got in touch with someone who I believe was or is his girlfriend but still no reply. :(

Wasn't bad there at all. Really looking forward to the next one, but it'll be a while, gotta share appts with the wife. Hopefully I can go once a month for the next couple months and have it done by Dec :)

What up Deaf, looking good!

I can see your ass crack bro

border

COKbV8PWcAA_w9l.jpg:large

Don't ask me why, but I always love it when there's a huge cosplay group photo full of fantastic costumes, and there is one dude with an embarrassingly low-effort costume crammed in somehow. Like when there's 20 Jedis with authentic replica lightsabers and 1 guy with a bathrobe and plastic Halloween lightsaber.

These pictures from Bungie's Twitter are actually making me sad that I missed DragonCon this year.

I gotta know the story, if there is one, behind the Harry Potty tattoo. It totally derailed my looking at the Destiny tattoo.

Edit: Is it based on a Garbage Pail Kid?

tizaffy

Neo Member
Any people on the EU region willing to help me do POE 35 before year 2 starts?? Im lvl 34 and have done the previous arenas.

:D:D

COKbV8PWcAA_w9l.jpg:large

Don't ask me why, but I always love it when there's a huge cosplay group photo full of fantastic costumes, and there is one dude with an embarrassingly low-effort costume crammed in somehow. Like when there's 20 Jedis with authentic replica lightsabers and 1 guy with a bathrobe and plastic Halloween lightsaber.

These pictures from Bungie's Twitter are actually making me sad that I missed DragonCon this year.

That looks amazing! Totally jealous. Love the intricacies they all put into it, from the Osiris Chest to the Iron banner gear. At least that guy has a badass looking Vex haha pretty awesome!

Truphenom

Yeah its great really. Like Kyoufu said GAF is more for PS4 so it can be harder for us on Xbox to get teams going for certain things like a Raid but there is plenty of us. Best to add the people from here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y4excfaWHIl87KvcHLzvq7waYa3iYouwN0X2ShCu_6I/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Damn, I mostly lurk this thread but I dont think I ever saw that before. There's a whole lot more xb1 players than I would have guessed. That's really good to know.

Afrocious

i can't miss this

i wouldn't have it any other way mr gap.

Afro, I almost forgot about this but you sherpa'd me and a bunch of other newbies through the Vault of Glass for our first time. Just wanted to say thank you dude! It was probably like your 30th time doing it too at that time.

The first time going through VoG was an enormous sensory overload. There really hasn't been anything like that since.

I hope King's Fall delivers the same experience, if not better.

woah lol. it's crazy to have that memory after a year. it definitely means something that you got that much of a positive experience from me showing you and your group around in your first VoG run. i'm glad you felt that way, and now i'm glad you told me that because now i feel even more better returning to destiny.

tbqh, the hardest thing about leaving destiny was leaving destinyGAF. that legit was the hardest thing.

I can help out. Need a break from MGS. Shit is getting intense.

hell yeah man. if we keep this up, it'll be just like destiny vanilla all over again!

I'd like to run the raids and have a last shot for exotics before blueprints take place, which begin tomorrow.

If anyone is running the raid (or wants to), let's get this going

sure thing. i dunno what time works for folks, but so far i have:

-Myself
-Figs
-Zoba (so he can laugh at me)
-Namakaze
-you possibly
-open slot

The big issue here is that I have to do normal Crota before hard :/.

Afrocious

GutZ31

which version of taken king am I supposed to buy help
What do you have. Any of the expansions? If you already have both expansions, you can buy the $40 DLC for TTK.
If all you have is Destiny, you could just buy the whole thing for $60 and be done with it, of course you would be rebuying vanilla destiny in this case.

Lastly, you could buy the Collectors Edition, for $80, and get 3 emotes, exotic class items, and some other goodys that cost $20 by them selves.

Namikaze1

If you have the first two expansions, just the standalone Taken King.

If you have just vanilla game, I say the legendary edition for every expansion + taken king.

By the way, if you own a physical copy of Destiny, I believe GameStop is still doing the whole trade in vanilla Destiny and get $20 off the legendary edition that includes the base game, year 1 expansions, and Taken King. Legendary edition costs $60 but with this deal, you would be paying the same price as one who already owns everything and is just buying the standalone.

I own all the expansions, I just thought there was a way for me to get the dumb dances without paying 80 bucks. 40 dollar one it is I guess!

Anastasis

What do you have. Any of the expansions? If you already have both expansions, you can buy the $40 DLC for TTK.
If all you have is Destiny, you could just buy the whole thing for $60 and be done with it, of course you would be rebuying vanilla destiny in this case.

Lastly, you could buy the Collectors Edition, for $80, and get 3 emotes, exotic class items, and some other goodys that cost $20 by them selves.

I forgot to add that if you have the vanilla disk, GameStop is doing a trade promo where you can get the legendary edition with everything (vanilla, 2 expansions and the Taken King) for $40 if you trade in the vanilla disk.

ocean

Banned
i wouldn't have it any other way mr gap.

woah lol. it's crazy to have that memory after a year. it definitely means something that you got that much of a positive experience from me showing you and your group around in your first VoG run. i'm glad you felt that way, and now i'm glad you told me that because now i feel even more better returning to destiny.

tbqh, the hardest thing about leaving destiny was leaving destinyGAF. that legit was the hardest thing.

hell yeah man. if we keep this up, it'll be just like destiny vanilla all over again!

sure thing. i dunno what time works for folks, but so far i have:

-Myself
-Figs
-Zoba (so he can laugh at me)
-Namakaze
-you possibly
-open slot

The big issue here is that I have to do normal Crota before hard :/.
I'm down to join

I had vanilla Destiny but sold it back a long time ago. The all-in-one edition is really the best deal in town, so I can understand the frustration for all players who stuck around.

Very weird decision by Bungie, but I jumped all over the digital CE. A lot of value there for new players and people like me who haven't touched the game in forever. Jumping into the current game with enough time to prepare for the expansion was great.

My 31 hunter and 29 titan are ready. The level 25 boost for my warlock is icing on the cake. Now settling on a main might be a challenge...

Rad Agast

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now. Level 25 warlock (switching between voidwalker and sunsinger). PVE only so far and finished the story missions last week.

Just grinding factions and marks at moment with a bit of DB and HoW missions.

Is there an international guild available? I'd like to try some strikes and raids if that's possible. I'm on Xbox One and time zone is Middle East. I guess European time zones would be best.

todd360

Emotes and extras will be $20 when TTK drops on the 15th as standalone DLC.

Didn't they say it was going to be $10? There was the whole controversy about how ridiculously priced it was and they said they dropped the price. There's no way they were originally asking for more than $20 right? $20 is ridiculous so it must be $10 now right?

Im at walmart in the toy section with my 3 year old. Keepung him busy while the wife is getting groceries. He wont leave the fischer price isle. Im feet awat from the star wars toys and i cant look at them.

What im trying to say is, destiny needs a toy line. It will probably be the closest we will wver come to flying our spaceships.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Khepri's Sting any good for a Hunter? Just dropped for me in PoE but I have no experience of a Hunter. I also have for my Hunter Knucklehead Radar and Young Ahamkara's Spine. So 3 exotics for a class I ain't even started lol.

Supers for all.

destiny-gif-warlock2.gif
destiny-gif-hunter1.gif
destiny-gif-warlock.gif

Top Bottom